IGNORED

This in an interesting perspective from a Japanese WWII veteran.

Tabonga

Amazing story nice share with that, thanks.  I feel a need to share something that seems quite suitable.  I found this antique shortly after moving back here earlier on in the decade.  This is an actual WW kamikaze piece, from another of those who were but in the end, didn't die on a run for whatever reason.  I have the translation of it below, if you read the article, you'll see how it applies quite closely.

同期の桜(櫻) (Douki No Sakura) - Same Cherry Blossom. In this case cherry blossom resemble the IJN Yokaren (Naval Aviator Preparatory Course Trainee), so meaning the trainee that join in the Yokaren at the same time (Classmates). The writings on the headband are in fact partial lyrics of the song. <è»æ*Œï¼žåŒæœŸã®æ¡œ - YouTube

一、 貴様と俺とは___同期の桜_____同じ兵学校の___庭に咲く  

1. (Kisama to Ore to Wa___Douki no Sakura_____Oonaji Heigakkou no___Niwa ni saaku) (You and me are the same Sakura. Blooming in the garden at the same military academy.)

咲いた花なら___散るのは覚悟_____みごと散りましょう___国のため

(Saita Hana nara___ Chiru nowa Kakugou_____Migoto Chirimashou___ Kuni no Tame) (The flower which bloomed should well prepared to fall. Lets fall wonderfully, for our country.)

二、貴様と俺とは___同期の桜_____同じ兵学校の___庭に咲く

2. (Kisama to Ore to Wa___Douki no Sakura_____Oonaji Heigakkou no ___Niwa ni saaku) (You and me are the same Sakura. Blooming in the garden at the same military academy.)

血肉分けたる___仲ではないか_____なぜか気が合うて___別れられぬ

(Chi Niku Waketaru___Naka dewa naika_____Nazeka Kiga oute___Wakarerarenu) (Not the same flesh and blood, we are still comrades. For some reason we get along and would not like to separate.)

This song was favorite amongst Kamikaze pilots, and later to a popular military song (Gunka).

There are more after, so I will post the rest afterwords.

(This was translated around the time I got it by a man named Taka.)

ww2-japanesekamikazeheadband.jpg

• Like 2