IGNORED

Is this some sort of PS3 prototype disc?

mrjunglesack

Used to work at JJgames warehouse for a few years. Everything weird that came through I would purchase or they just let me have it.

This disc was one of those items. Played first 10 minutes and it seems like a final version. Sly 4 - Time bandits.

I have some more weird stuff I can’t find information on, but I’ll start with this.

732D7EE7-2615-4E3E-B405-817865D51CC4.jpeg

Edited by mrjunglesack
  • Like 4

What you're seeing there on the disc is kind of obvious of what it is.  I've seen those very discs before when I was at Midway nearly 20 years ago now.  That is usually used either for a late beta test to see how a potentially finished game would work on real hardware, or it could be a gold master of which real copies of the game would be burned.  Alpha to early-mid/later beta would not get this, just assumed hopefully finished to finished games would as it costs more than just running a file dump through a kit.

3 hours ago, Tanooki said:

What you're seeing there on the disc is kind of obvious of what it is.  I've seen those very discs before when I was at Midway nearly 20 years ago now.  That is usually used either for a late beta test to see how a potentially finished game would work on real hardware, or it could be a gold master of which real copies of the game would be burned.  Alpha to early-mid/later beta would not get this, just assumed hopefully finished to finished games would as it costs more than just running a file dump through a kit.

Thank you for the information! I looked online and couldn’t find any ps3 discs that looked like this. I assume they were good about not letting copy’s getting out to the public. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 12/2/2020 at 3:24 AM, mrjunglesack said:

Used to work at JJgames warehouse for a few years. Everything weird that came through I would purchase or they just let me have it.

This disc was one of those items. Played first 10 minutes and it seems like a final version. Sly 4 - Time bandits.

I have some more weird stuff I can’t find information on, but I’ll start with this.

732D7EE7-2615-4E3E-B405-817865D51CC4.jpeg

I’d love to hear more about your experiences at JJ Games! I used to get a bunch of items from them. Where did they usually get their stock, buying out rental stores and such? Does JJ Hendricks have a huge personal collection?