IGNORED

VGS Weekly Contest - 2020 Tournament - Gyruss

BeaIank

On 12/14/2020 at 7:50 PM, NESfiend said:

Did you ever get into this? 1 and 2 are hard at the end. With 3, its so hard out of the gate, Ive never seen the second half of the game. 

On 12/7/2020 at 5:03 PM, Bearcat-Doug said:

Have you played DD3 before? I've beaten it a few times, but I never really cared for it.

I've been playing for around several days and I've reached the final boss. Haven't beat the game yet.

I like some aspects and I'm annoyed by some other aspects. The pacing isn't as good as the first two games. It seems like they throw too many enemies at you as filler, and it's usually the same enemies over and over. It gets tedious. Accidentally running off platforms due to questionable controls is another problem. The level designs are kind of blah compared to the first two games. No classic enemies such as Abobo, instead it's mostly generic thugs.

But I like that you can switch between multiple characters. That adds a nice bit of strategy figuring out when it's best to switch and which character works best for different sections of the game. I like that Bimmy's cyclone kick is easier to pull off than in DD2. The graphics and music are good. Maybe the music isn't as memorable this time around.

Oh yeah the difficulty curve is steep since you start with only one life. Later on you get a continue and two more characters which serve as extra lives. I do like the challenge of having to carefully conserve health and your characters' lives in order to progress.

It's a solid game but I'd only really recommend it to fans of the first two who've already beaten those and want more DD.

Edited by mbd39
  • Like 1