IGNORED

VGS Weekly Contest - 2020 Tournament - Gyruss

BeaIank

1 hour ago, mbd39 said:

I just need a consistent strat for part two of the Jupiter boss and I'm good to go.

This game still feels much less punishing and more fun than Alien Syndrome.

Totally disagree. At least the controls were familiar to games most people have played. Alien was the same as guerilla war, jackal, and contra force overhead levels. Nes games go left to right or down to up. Circling is a cool as hell concept, but hard as shit to adapt to. 

Its also hard to learn new things when you drink too many bud lights excited to see izzo beat coach k. 

20201201_230710.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, NESfiend said:

Totally disagree. At least the controls were familiar to games most people have played. Alien was the same as guerilla war, jackal, and contra force overhead levels. Nes games go left to right or down to up. Circling is a cool as hell concept, but hard as shit to adapt to. 

Its also hard to learn new things when you drink too many bud lights excited to see izzo beat coach k. 

Don't get me wrong. Gyruss is tough. But with Alien Syndrome I felt like I hit an insurmountable wall at level 4 and it stressed me out.

I might not have a chance at Gyruss though. Beating the game with a high score is going to be required to make it to next round and I dunno if I can do it.

Events Helper · Posted

Well, after many hours of playing you are safe @Richardhead I have yet to get past the green jizz dude or whatever you wanna call him..........

But regardless, this was a fun time.  If i get more time i will try, and subsequently fail to beat him.  Time to make dinner!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Events Helper · Posted

Ok folks, that might be my last run........Not too shabby for one afternoon.  Hope you all enjoyed the antics of today.  Maybe it will make top 5 but i seriously doubt that.  Anyways, gonna go pour a little whiskey and chill.  Luckily for you all I am on dayshift now and I will not stay up all night grinding out a decent score 😉.

@ninjistar beat that ya punk!!!!!

@NESfiend good luck, I'm sure you will beat me in the end, but maybe i gotcha?

Spoiler

prolly not!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jeevan said:

All it took was for me to go throw my Pork chops  in the oven 😏

@NESfiend im gunnin for Richard again 😉  

Welp, it’s looking more and more like I’ve got the covid. I’m having a hard time doing anything right now, let alone play games. Even if I make it past this round, I’m not sure how I’ll do.😖

• Sad 5

Events Helper · Posted
2 minutes ago, Richardhead said:

Welp, it’s looking more and more like I’ve got the covid. I’m having a hard time doing anything right now, let alone play games. Even if I make it past this round, I’m not sure how I’ll do.😖

Holy shit buddy, im sorry to hear 😞

If you need anything dont hesitate to reach out......Good luck, and we will see you on the other end of it.  Hope you get light symptoms ❤️  

My dad got it and recovered fully with very little issue.  He is 71!  I have faith you will make a full recovery buddy.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Richardhead said:

Even if I make it past this round, I’m not sure how I’ll do.😖

Ill lead the charge in saying that if richie makes top 5, the final round should be set back a week to give him time to recover. Im sure it would get a unanimous vote among participants. And if it doesn't, someone is a real dick

• Like 5

Events Helper · Posted
4 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

Ill lead the charge in saying that if richie makes top 5, the final round should be set back a week to give him time to recover. Im sure it would get a unanimous vote among participants. And if it doesn't, someone is a real dick

agreed.  if @Richardhead makes it passed this game, he deserves a shot to be 100% to compete!!!!!

If not we revolt and just don't play 😉  

• Like 2