IGNORED

Casual's 'Cart'mas 2020

T-Pac

On 12/5/2020 at 8:06 AM, CasualCart said:

I went with Luigi on this one. It's interesting that the end result doesn't have much of a likeness to either Luigi or the Grinch haha. It kind of became it's own entity, I guess...

Grinch Luigi

-CasualCart

718255090_004LuigiGrinch.jpg.dca87cad1a77219083ff1b4336e756ac.jpg

Gruigi?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Graphics Team · Posted
21 hours ago, SpoonMan Abrams X said:

Seriously though this is awesome, also Super Mario RPG is my #1 all-time favourite game, so just saying I dig it 😘

Sick - unfortunately my short attention span and RPGs don't get along very well, so I've never actually played it haha.

-CasualCart

• Like 2
  • Wow! 1

Graphics Team · Posted
20 hours ago, OptOut said:

I'm still canonically dead in the CasualCart/Opty cinematic universe, due to the events of Inktober.

However, my force ghost is nodding in approval over the Xmas images here produced by my favourite padawan. You will be a Jedi yet, my son! ☺️

Haha I have a feeling the Opty character-arc is yet to be finished. We'll have to find a way to revive you before next Ink-tober...

-CasualCart

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Social Team · Posted
24 minutes ago, CasualCart said:

@FireHazard51 you really killed it with that character list, man. I'll definitely be deferring to it for some more drawings.

Not to toot my own horn but thought I came up with a couple of good ones.  If I can just come up with some Christmas characters or icons for you/others to use would be great.  I really thought Prinny was a great one for drummer boy because of PSP game in how they attack.  I instantly saw drum sticks in their hand instead of knives.  That and it's an iconic character that is not a "main" one.  If I don't see a Bad Santa I'm going to be upset.  I REALLY want to see you make a video character into that and I'm sure you have a fun idea for it.  Besides, who doesn't want to see a drunk/raunchy Santa?   Excellent job on the drawings, I look forward to seeing the rest.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, CasualCart said:

@FireHazard51 you really killed it with that character list, man. I'll definitely be deferring to it for some more drawings. Anyway, here's one of your bolded suggestions...

Little Drummer Dood (Prinny)

-CasualCart

1588895059_009PrinnyDrummerBoy.jpg.f6c119e3eb8622a00b82b22310db5705.jpg

Now I want to play prinny and I don't think I'll ever see him the same way again lol. Very nice work good sir!

• Like 1

Graphics Team · Posted
22 hours ago, Jeevan said:

Would you be able to post all the characters on instagram?  Just wondering because of the whole issue u ran into with copyright.....

6 hours ago, Sumez said:

Fan art has never been an issue anywhere, not even with Nintendo characters. As long as you aren't selling it.

Yeah - the stuff I'm drawing here shouldn't have any copyright issues since it's "fair use" of the IP as a mashup/parody. The Inktober drawings were less clear-cut because, even though I put my own twist on the drawings, they were just straight-up renditions of trademarked characters and it's a tricky argument as to whether or not my own artistic interpretation of them is "transformative" enough to dodge copyright infringement. I always do my best to keep my drawings in an ethically-sound zone as far as copyright is concerned.

-CasualCart

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CasualCart said:

Well I already made a Rudolph, but a regular ol' Christmas reindeer is still on the table, so...

Reindeer Duck Hunt Dog

-CasualCart

457225530_011DuckHuntReindeer.jpg.3c92b01f06533315ef073f826ed93696.jpg

Awesome! Really like how this reindition (see what I did there lol) turned out too!! Reindog would make an excellent Santa assistant!

• Haha 2

I know you can/will make only so many of these, but I'd like to see a feisty or coy looking elf/Samus combo.

Oh, and to echo everyone else, these really are amazing.  I've loved them all.  Even the ones I've had to google for context.

Edited by RH
  • Like 1

Social Team · Posted
On 12/9/2020 at 3:02 AM, SpoonMan Abrams X said:

I had this idea and have to get it out of my head

What do some consider the greatest Christmas movie of all time?

Die Hard

Therefore John McClane should count as a Christmas character

And who would be a great vidya character to represent him?

Duke Nukem

Now to return to sleep lol

Damn Spoon.....that kills my Nathan Drake idea for sure.  Hats off on that one.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, CasualCart said:

@Bearcat-Doug wants Bowser, @twiztor wants Krampus, and @SpoonMan Abrams X wants OG Krampus Bowser. This can be arranged...

Krampus Koopa

-CasualCart

1048908920_010KrampusBowser.jpg.86c2aca60cf4bd4c75ce653c97bee3c9.jpg

Wow!!! Now there's a really cool reimagined King Krampus!! Definitely in my top 3 for this month! Awesome stuff once again!

• Like 3