FS/FO: NES Rares VGS Exclusives: Mario 3 Left Bros vga 85 155 obo

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

10% of the sale price dontated to VGS 155k obo

Have you tried reaching out to the American Dental Association?   

Could you break it up into little squares and part it out? I’d like to own a small precent of it instead. 

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Ferris Bueller said:

I appreciate they came in to offer this and are dealing with everyone's silliness in style. Kudos.

They are correct, though. Someone else was bidding on it, good luck finding another buyer!

bump. thats like a 15k bounty to find the second bidder. so far 0 offers for $0

Edited by SealedWholesale
Member · Posted

But seriously, I am curious if these mega-spenders look at VGA graded games (even one like this) and just go "ewe!"

I mean... some of these people are a bit lazy in their collecting and let their money do their work.  I just don't see someone even throwing down $125k for this, and then resubmitting it to WATA (coz WATA is the shizz) and then flipping it.  The mega-spenders just want it done.  Maybe I'm wrong, but that's a quality I've noticed, in general, over many decades regardless of the market.

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, RH said:

But seriously, I am curious if these mega-spenders look at VGA graded games (even one like this) and just go "ewe!"

Most of them are completely clueless when it comes to VGA. They think sealed video game collecting started with "WATA" and conveniently ignore the 12+ years of VGA sales. The trouble is, they don't realize that all the "good stuff" was already spoken for years ago. and most of it is already locked in VGA cases.

So even if a population report does come out from WATA in the next year or 2, it will be highly inaccurate in terms of the supply overall. Once the WATA census comes out, and once big spenders understand that half the supply is split with a competing grading company, I guarantee a massive price correction will be underway. The more common games will drop, the rarer games will rise, of course factoring in demand. Something that long-time collectors knew from the beginning.

The other part they can't grasp is that a VGA85 Left Bros like the one SealedWholesale is showing off is likely in much better condition than the one that just sold for ~155K, and that most VGA graded games on average are in much better condition than they are led to believe.

• Like 1
  • SealedWholesale changed the title to FS/FO: NES Rares VGS Exclusives: Mario 3 Left Bros vga 85 155 obo