IGNORED

VGS Weekly Contest - 2020 Tournament - Alien Syndrome

BeaIank

26 minutes ago, Richardhead said:

Gurus? Can you pick another game? Maybe one I’m good at. I am stuck at home for the next week and a half though, so maybe I can get good. 

Maybe it's an all shooter tournament this year. I'm surprised skinny hasn't posted a score yet. I think he won the last Gyruss contest so he should be able to cruise to the finals.

Edited by Bearcat-Doug
  • Angry 1

8 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

Maybe it's an all shooter tournament this year. I'm surprised skinny hasn't posted a score yet. I think he won the last Gyruss contest so he should be able to cruise to the finals.

Been playing since I commented, and it’s not too bad. Pretty fun and I’m 1000 times better than I was. Can make it to Uranus without dying. Just need to get better at getting those bonus points. 

28 minutes ago, Richardhead said:

Been playing since I commented, and it’s not too bad. Pretty fun and I’m 1000 times better than I was. Can make it to Uranus without dying. Just need to get better at getting those bonus points. 

I've played it before, but I don't think I was very good at it. I'd likely have a tough time making the top 5 to advance to the finals if I was playing.  

2 minutes ago, SuperJimtendo said:

The gyruss goggles picture of rich is long gone. If someone can find it in old Nintendo age that would be rad but I'm not looking for it. Of all the blasted shmups it could have been uuuugggghhhhhh

If you are filling in for me in my spot, it shouldn't take much to get a better score than I would have. Hopefully you can make it to the finals.

3 minutes ago, SuperJimtendo said:

Got a lot to live up to there I suppose. 

Not really you don’t. I mean, you’re playing in the tournament and he’s not.  Old timer isn’t all that good anyways. He was afraid of getting a beating from @bertsampson . At least you and I both know the  berts gonna win this thing again. 

31 minutes ago, Richardhead said:

Not really you don’t. I mean, you’re playing in the tournament and he’s not.  Old timer isn’t all that good anyways. He was afraid of getting a beating from @bertsampson . At least you and I both know the  berts gonna win this thing again. 

I don't know how good @bertsampson is at Gyruss, but he probably could beat me at it. I'm no good at shooters. I do better at puzzle games and I don't even like them.  

10 hours ago, Richardhead said:

Gurus? Can you pick another game? Maybe one I’m good at. I am stuck at home for the next week and a half though, so maybe I can get good. 

I had never played gyruss until now. Popped it in and damn its tough. May take me a week to beat the default high score of 50k. Good to have goals. 

23 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

I had never played gyruss until now. Popped it in and damn its tough. May take me a week to beat the default high score of 50k. Good to have goals. 

http://www.thegameisafootarcade.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/Gyruss-Game-Manual.pdf

You’ll do better than you think.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1