Jump to content
IGNORED

Help us pick a new notification sound


Recommended Posts

I've done a bit of looking, and have found a few no-copyright-infringement sounds that I thought might fit well for notifications on here. I've attached them here, give em a listen and let me know if any sound good to you. Alternatively, you could provide a totally different sound file and if others like it (and it infringes upon no copyrights), then we could use that.

Alternatively alternatively, somebody could throw their hat into the ring and MAKE us our own unique sound, if anyone feels like doing so.

Open to ideas and discussion!

little_robot_sound_factory_Pickup_03.mp3 little_robot_sound_factory_Collect_Point_01.mp3 little_robot_sound_factory_Collect_Point_00.mp3

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't like Sonic, so the sonic ring sound is just automatically out of the running.

Somebody "like" this post, please.

NO PROBLEM!

Posted Images

The second one.  Mario coins FTW.  A sonic rings one could be nice too.  I know, you don't want something trademarked but something ripped from a sound file on a Genesis cart from 30 years ago isn't going to get this place in trouble.

Ring-ring!

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, ZeldaFreak said:

Might be a good idea to also attach the current notification sound for comparison.

 

Totally not just saying that because for some reason I'm forgetting what it sounds like even though I hear it constantly 😅

DING!

I don't actually have an audio file for the default noise. It's the default!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Gloves said:

DING!

I don't actually have an audio file for the default noise. It's the default!

You couldn't have timed that better, Jesus Christ, my heart...

I was AFK to get some dinner, I sit down, and apparently I had my audio up way higher than I normally do, and as soon as I put my headphones on, my ears just get blasted by DING! Well, thank you for that, now I remember what it sounds like, hahaha

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ZeldaFreak said:

You couldn't have timed that better, Jesus Christ, my heart...

I was AFK to get some dinner, I sit down, and apparently I had my audio up way higher than I normally do, and as soon as I put my headphones on, my ears just get blasted by DING! Well, thank you for that, now I remember what it sounds like, hahaha

NO PROBLEM!

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly, while the coin-like sound isn't bad, I personally find it to be a tad grating on the ears. Of those three options, I would say my favorite by far is the third one, little_robot_sound_factory_Collect_Point_00. It's ear catching... Is that a term that exists? ear catching? Whatever, it's ear catching and gets your attention whilst not being unpleasant to listen to. I really like that one.

I'll probably be in the minority in this one I'm sure, I'm sure the coin one is going to win by a landslide, but hey, that's my opinion, haha. Maybe you could implement custom notification sounds or something for jerks like me who don't like that one 😛

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ZeldaFreak said:

Honestly, while the coin-like sound isn't bad, I personally find it to be a tad grating on the ears. Of those three options, I would say my favorite by far is the third one, little_robot_sound_factory_Collect_Point_00. It's ear catching... Is that a term that exists? ear catching? Whatever, it's ear catching and gets your attention whilst not being unpleasant to listen to. I really like that one.

I'll probably be in the minority in this one I'm sure, I'm sure the coin one is going to win by a landslide, but hey, that's my opinion, haha. Maybe you could implement custom notification sounds or something for jerks like me who don't like that one 😛

 

I don't like Sonic, so the sonic ring sound is just automatically out of the running.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Gloves said:

I actually added a totally custom system - you can choose your own sound, in addition to the new default sound.

Can some folks test it out?

image.png

Hell I made my suggestion of adding a system for custom sounds as a joke, I didn't think you'd actually do it! Really glad you did though, that is really cool.

I changed mine to the rupee pickup sound from ALTTP, I guess I'll find out if it worked, haha. My only suggestions for this would be to maybe have a button you can press to test out the sound to make sure it's actually working (and just to make 100% sure you like your choice) and possibly in addition to that a volume slider to adjust the volume of it when the sound does go off. I don't know jack about web development though so I don't know how possible either of these suggestions would be, just a couple of immediate potential improvements I thought of off the top of my head 🙂

Not to sound ungrateful though, I'm really glad you managed to add a system like this to make everyone happy, haha.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ZeldaFreak said:

Hell I made my suggestion of adding a system for custom sounds as a joke, I didn't think you'd actually do it! Really glad you did though, that is really cool.

I changed mine to the rupee pickup sound from ALTTP, I guess I'll find out if it worked, haha. My only suggestions for this would be to maybe have a button you can press to test out the sound to make sure it's actually working (and just to make 100% sure you like your choice) and possibly in addition to that a volume slider to adjust the volume of it when the sound does go off. I don't know jack about web development though so I don't know how possible either of these suggestions would be, just a couple of immediate potential improvements I thought of off the top of my head 🙂

Not to sound ungrateful though, I'm really glad you managed to add a system like this to make everyone happy, haha.

DING DING DING

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ZeldaFreak said:

Hell I made my suggestion of adding a system for custom sounds as a joke, I didn't think you'd actually do it! Really glad you did though, that is really cool.

I changed mine to the rupee pickup sound from ALTTP, I guess I'll find out if it worked, haha. My only suggestions for this would be to maybe have a button you can press to test out the sound to make sure it's actually working (and just to make 100% sure you like your choice) and possibly in addition to that a volume slider to adjust the volume of it when the sound does go off. I don't know jack about web development though so I don't know how possible either of these suggestions would be, just a couple of immediate potential improvements I thought of off the top of my head 🙂

Not to sound ungrateful though, I'm really glad you managed to add a system like this to make everyone happy, haha.

Did it work?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Gloves locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Welcome to VGS!

    Play, Make, Collect.

    Here at VGS all kinds of gamers are welcome, and that includes you!

    Join the conversation!

×
×
  • Create New...