IGNORED

The BEST feelings in collecting!

OptOut

9 hours ago, Skorp said:

Finding something you've been looking for years so hard and then bam it just pops up one day making it the right place right time. I get so freaking excited I tell you!

Yeah, that's the best feeling on the "collecting" side of the hobby.  My best one: I'd pretty much given up all hope of ever finding a CIB Chubby Cherub in the wild after years upon years of game hunting, but then one day, out of the clear blue sky, BAMMM there it is just sitting there in beautiful shape staring up at me with that ridiculously low price tag!  Ahhhh, good times, indeed.

• Like 2
  • Wow! 1

Half the reason for me to collect is for the high I get when finding a crazy deal out in the wild. The high fades quickly but the memory remains forever. When I look at my collection I remember the story behind almost every piece I own and it makes me feel proud. Maybe I found a rare piece in a flea market, or maybe I got a broken game someone was going to trash and I brought it back to life, or maybe I traded and got a good deal, etc. These make for great conversations to share with other collectors.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, bowser said:

Half the reason for me to collect is for the high I get when finding a crazy deal out in the wild. The high fades quickly but the memory remains forever. When I look at my collection I remember the story behind almost every piece I own and it makes me feel proud. Maybe I found a rare piece in a flea market, or maybe I got a broken game someone was going to trash and I brought it back to life, or maybe I traded and got a good deal, etc. These make for great conversations to share with other collectors.

Yes! This and getting to share my collection with friends and family is why I love the hobby.

• Like 2

On 11/12/2020 at 9:44 PM, OptOut said:

I'm pretty sure that there was a thread around here some time talking about the worst feelings in collecting, but I would just like to share a few of my FAVOURITE feelings in collecting, and see what others have too!

For example, recently I placed an order for a game online that I had been looking at for literally YEARS. I'm talking this listing had just been sitting there unchanged in suspended animation for TIME. The reason I didn't buy is sooner was because well, it's not complete, and although the price is okay for what it is, it's still not exactly in the impulse range. I ummmed and errrrrred for a long time, but finally I was like okay I'll scoop it up with a couple other things and just get it out of my mind.

And the FEELING I had after I made that decision was like the complete opposite of buyers remorse... Buyer's RELIEF? I guess, lol! Without even going over the logical and rational reasons you had to buy something (which tend to flip back and forth a lot of the time unless the value or the desire is just obvious) the sensation of buyer's relief tells you down to the bottom of your heart you KNOW you made the right decision!

And, this is a very specific feeling I'm talking about BTW. Most of the time you buy something and you just feel happy, or maybe you are dissatisfied occasionally. But the feeling of either buyer's remorse or buyer's relief are a lot less common! The POWERFUL feeling that you just made a great decision, which almost takes you by surprise after you already made the purchase, is a wonderful thing about collecting!

So, there's one of my favourite feelings in collecting! I got a few more, but first let me know what inflates your bubble! 😉  

What game was it? I'm interested to know 🙂