IGNORED

Official VGS Secret Santa 2020 Signup NOW CLOSED

Secret Santa

25 minutes ago, Splain said:

Are we allowed to include links to Google sheets? I remember that causing an issue in previous years.

I don't foresee a problem with this. HOWEVER, the problem with this is that if I am not mistaken, you are able to see whoever viewed the document. That said, it could compromise the fun of it being a mystery.

With that said, consider this a reminder for everyone considering participating that the deadline is approaching fast.  I WILL NOT BE ACCEPTING LATE ENTRIES. Santa is a very busy person this year, and I intend on beginning the pairings right after the time to sign up ends. With that in mind, just saying "I'm in" is not good enough, you MUST message me your list and shipping info before the deadline (11/19 10:00PM EST), otherwise you will not be able to participate. If you have any concerns please message me, I am checking my inbox several times a day.

I'm sorry to be a bit more strict this year, with a certain pandemic still being a major problem, I want to give people as much time as possible. 

• Like 5

45 minutes ago, Splain said:

Are we allowed to include links to Google sheets? I remember that causing an issue in previous years.

I think the main issue with links in years past was that the link got truncated in the message, so it was more steps for Santa to copy and paste your stuff to your individual Santa.

I don't remember that being an issue here last year though?   Could send a test link to somebody via PM and see if it gets truncated.

Editorials Team · Posted
1 hour ago, captmorgandrinker said:

I think the main issue with links in years past was that the link got truncated in the message, so it was more steps for Santa to copy and paste your stuff to your individual Santa.

I don't remember that being an issue here last year though?   Could send a test link to somebody via PM and see if it gets truncated.

Ah yeah, I remember that. I sent you a test PM with a link.

5 hours ago, Secret Santa said:

I don't foresee a problem with this. HOWEVER, the problem with this is that if I am not mistaken, you are able to see whoever viewed the document. That said, it could compromise the fun of it being a mystery.

With that said, consider this a reminder for everyone considering participating that the deadline is approaching fast.  I WILL NOT BE ACCEPTING LATE ENTRIES. Santa is a very busy person this year, and I intend on beginning the pairings right after the time to sign up ends. With that in mind, just saying "I'm in" is not good enough, you MUST message me your list and shipping info before the deadline (11/19 10:00PM EST), otherwise you will not be able to participate. If you have any concerns please message me, I am checking my inbox several times a day.

I'm sorry to be a bit more strict this year, with a certain pandemic still being a major problem, I want to give people as much time as possible. 

Should we expect a confirmation email or if we’ve sent info we’re good? 

Events Team · Posted

Phew, finally got my list PMed. I think this might be the longest list I've ever had for one of these Secret Santa events (Which is good, since that gives whoever my Secret Santa is a ton of variety in what they can choose for me, and it keeps it more of a surprise for me!)

9 hours ago, Jmbarnes101 said:

i PM'd Santa on Sunday and haven't heard back. I don't want to miss out, this is my favorite XMas tradition (and that definitely includes family gatherings!)

15 hours ago, Splain said:

i included a link to my GameValueNow collection. If it doesn't work, no big loss. if it does, even better for whoever!

12 hours ago, Jmbarnes101 said:

If you haven't gotten any emails back, you should be good to go and have been added to the list. Although, I really should send out some confirmation emails now that I think about it.

Re Links: If you send a link to your GVN or Google spreadsheets, I do check to make sure its valid. If it isn't valid, you would get a reply back about it.

Update - Santa just updated his list and sent out confirmation messages a little bit ago. Sorry for dropping the ball on that one 🙂

Edited by Secret Santa
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2