IGNORED

Official VGS Secret Santa 2020 Signup NOW CLOSED

Secret Santa

Ho Ho Ho!   It's that time of the year once again! Sorry I'm a bit late, these flight cancellations to the North Pole have been ridiculous!

Welcome to the second annual VGS Secret Santa!   If you would like to participate, please read through the following directions: 

1- Send Secret Santa a PM with your real name, your address, and a LIST of items that are $25 or less. The more specific the better. If I get any of these lists with all $50+ items on them, I won't even ask you for a revised list; you'll just be out of this year's Secret Santa.   

1a- Also please indicate if you can ship internationally. It does require you to be a bit more prompt on shipping due to how long it will take to reach its destination.

2- Once I receive your list, I will invite you to the SS 2020 club.

3- Signups will end at 10:00 pm Eastern on Thursday November 19th.   That's a whole week, it shouldn't take you THAT long to get your list in order.

4- Santa hopes to have recipients matched up and your lists sent out by end of day November 20th if not earlier.

5- Once your gifts are shipped, please PM Santa with the tracking number!   This is very important, so don't lose it.

6- Deadline to ship in your own country is Dec 16th.    International is Dec 4th.   (I understand that's a quick turnaround for those with international recipients, but we also have to consider international shipping times.)

7- Have fun!   I'll post a reveal thread Christmas morning for you to show off your goodies, but no revealing before! Also, as tempting as it may be, it's no fun to open it early! Throw it under the tree, Santa knows when you've opened it early...

Also, Santa has some basic rules to follow:

1. In order to participate, you must have joined VGS before this thread was made and you must have posted a few times. 

2.  PLAN ON BUYING SOMETHING.   Don't assume you can just pull some stuff off your shelf.

3.  Plan on spending a minimum of $25 before shipping.   Take that into consideration before buying your recipient those Rock Band drums. If you don't want to take this seriously or plan on being a grinch, don't bother signing up. 

4.  DO NOT MESSAGE YOUR RECIPIENT.   If you need clarification, please reach out to Secret Santa.

5.  No public complaining about your gift/list/etc. People generally try their best with these things, but if you have a legitimate complaint, PM either Santa or VGS site staff.

6.  We reserve the right to refuse Secret Santa entry to anyone.   This will especially apply if you've been on Santa's naughty list before. Don't be a grinch, being such may result in your inability to participate in future years (it will also give Santa a mad headache).

7. Try to be prompt, especially with international shipping. Due to the particular pandemic that is happening globally, it seems to be taking longer for packages to reach their destination. And keep in mind that this time of year is rather difficult on postal workers, try to get stuff in before the massive rush.

8. It is REALLY not recommended to do drop shipping. It can be confusing to the person receiving the gift and they may just open it up early. On top of that, if the wrong thing is shipped or gets damaged due to bad seller packing, it can lead to a bummer of a Christmas gift.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask them here or send me a message.

Merry Christmas!

I would rather have had this version of Santa Mario and rain deer Yoshi  than pink gold peach : MarioKartTour

Edited by Secret Santa
  • Like 11

• The topic was pinned

In!

@Secret Santa

Id also like to recommend that we start a VGS Secret Santa charity fund.

Im willing to give $100 right now to start.

It would be nice to give to a charity like Child’s Play for example. Just please make sure it’s a charity that has a low administrative overhead to ensure that it’s an actual charity.

If we can set a small goal of $1000 I think we can do it.

• Like 3