IGNORED

Nintendo Zapper... White, Blue and Red?

Mega Tank

I bought this some years ago. I am still curious at to what it is. This is as far as I can tell a fully functional Zapper of some sort and it has Nintendo branded parts on the inside. Any information anyone has to share would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

20201111_121206.jpg?width=1512&height=11

Edited by Mega Tank
  • Like 2
  • Wow! 2

• The title was changed to Nintendo Zapper... White, Blue and Red?

Yes, thank you for the replies. @mog messages me via Discord and it seems @JamesRobothas come to the same conclusion.

I did buy this on the previous forum just because it was unique and cool looking. I was imagining it was a 3rd party, but it seems to be a custom job of gutting the laser tag pistol and placing the Zapper internals in. Still cool either way. I will post pics of the insides when I get the chance. The blue plastic on top is removable and you can see the insides. I am not unscrewing it open as I don't want to mess with anything. Thanks everyone! 🙂

• Like 1

I don't believe that it's necessarily a custom, as I've seen several over the years, almost exclusively from various Central American countries.  I've never been lucky enough to lay my hands on one, but based on where the historic auctions and such showed up back when I found out about these and was checking them out, I always thought that someone got hold of either the Laser Tag molds and put them to use in a different market or some NOS Laser Tag shells and threw them together for their region.

Looking at your much clearer photo, you can see that the seam runs all the way around the gun, even through were the battery compartment should be on a Laser Tag pistol.  If it were just someone taking an old Laser Tag pistol and customizing it, you would most likely still be able to see the horizontal seam around where the battery compartment slots into the gun (even if they glued it permanently in place), but your example lacks all of those seams and instead has a "vertical" one up the underside, which the battery cover lacks on a real Laser Tag gun.

Food for thought.

• Like 5

• 1 month later...
On 1/10/2021 at 2:36 PM, nesmaster14 said:

I'm pretty sure I've seen that same lightgun in a few NES collections. My memory could be wrong though.  I think @Speedy_NES would know.

Thanks for the tag @nesmaster14. This item is from Venezuela, released by the Nintendo knock-off "Nintendo de Caracas" company, so it is unlicensed. AFAIK, Nintendo won a lawsuit against the company and their leftover inventory was meant to be disposed of some years ago, but in the process some of it made its way onto markets like eBay. Definitely has collector value, but it is not official Nintendo. They released at least 15-20 different accessories for NES and Famicom.

I've attached a photo of the box.

DSC01179.JPG

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

On 1/12/2021 at 11:21 AM, Speedy_NES said:

Thanks for the tag @nesmaster14. This item is from Venezuela, released by the Nintendo knock-off "Nintendo de Caracas" company, so it is unlicensed. AFAIK, Nintendo won a lawsuit against the company and their leftover inventory was meant to be disposed of some years ago, but in the process some of it made its way onto markets like eBay. Definitely has collector value, but it is not official Nintendo. They released at least 15-20 different accessories for NES and Famicom.

I've attached a photo of the box.

DSC01179.JPG

Nice to know this zapper came from somewhere. Thank you for the pics and info!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...