IGNORED

WATA Population Report / Census

Gulag Joe

I actually emailed Wata the other day to ask about population reports, and was given this not so helpful response:

Population reports are not available yet but will be when Wata has them ready. If you would like updates on when they become available, I would utilize the newsletter: https://www.watagames.com/learn/newsletter

I then asked if they didn't have the reports available online yet, can they provide me the information on specific games, and was given this not so helpful response:

As a start-up, Wata is still trying to accrue a certain number of each game in our database before presenting it to customers as ideal for reference. Again, I apologize for the inconvenience of not being able to give you that information at this time.

Where's the transparency? Just provide the numbers, it's not that hard.

Does VGA have population reports?

18 minutes ago, Gulag Joe said:

This is what they told me,in regards to the pop report:

"We have future plans to release it as a merchandisable guide book."

“You too can become a video game investment guru with our population guide book that is fully biased towards making us even more $$$! All for the low price of $99.99!”

These fiends make me sick.

• Like 2

The only reason why I will dispute the need for a population report is that it would become inaccurate over time. But even then I do like looking up these things regardless if it is accurate or not.

On 11/9/2020 at 9:58 PM, jnak25 said:

I want to say yes, but my edit says otherwise. Not only does it appear that they dropped it on VGA, but they also have dropped a portion of their population report on AFA as well! Ugh. 😩

Edited by FenrirZero

• 4 weeks later...

“When WATA has them ready”. What’s to get ready? They should have been counting them on a spreadsheet since the first submission. Haha. Honestly though I’ve been saying the same thing about VGA not having pop reports for years. Comics and card TPGs seemed to figure out this counting thing a long time ago.😙

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Luciobar1980 said:

“When WATA has them ready”. What’s to get ready? They should have been counting them on a spreadsheet since the first submission. Haha. Honestly though I’ve been saying the same thing about VGA not having pop reports for years. Comics and card TPGs seemed to figure out this counting thing a long time ago.😙

As far as I know, they have them for internal use. Anytime I've asked about a specific game, they have been able to give me the info.

• 6 months later...

I think the most generous explanation for why they haven't released pop reports is that their "matrix" QR code app/system isn't ready and they don't want to publish pops before then.

Alternatively, they are just being scummy and letting Heritage reap the benefits of people dropping wild money for items that may actually have high pops.

-ud

sev

On 11/9/2020 at 9:58 PM, jnak25 said:

I actually emailed Wata the other day to ask about population reports, and was given this not so helpful response:

Population reports are not available yet but will be when Wata has them ready. If you would like updates on when they become available, I would utilize the newsletter: https://www.watagames.com/learn/newsletter

I then asked if they didn't have the reports available online yet, can they provide me the information on specific games, and was given this not so helpful response:

As a start-up, Wata is still trying to accrue a certain number of each game in our database before presenting it to customers as ideal for reference. Again, I apologize for the inconvenience of not being able to give you that information at this time.

Where's the transparency? Just provide the numbers, it's not that hard.

They give kind of a disingenuous response if we're being honest. They have the data, they have the database, they have a website.

I'm a software engineer by trade. Give me 2 weeks to learn their system and I'll implement it for them. There's really no excuse here. Before it was a matter of low pop being used to manipulate the market. But it's three years later and hundreds of thousands of games presumably graded.

Their matrix tech is cool but a mobile app shouldn't stop them from publishing a simple, searchable table UI

No. Excuse.

EDIT: Bonus: their whole site is written in React with an api-based backend. I could build this in my sleep. lol

Edited by inasuma
  • Haha 1