IGNORED

Extra Life 2020 Art Auction!

Gloves

Administrator · Posted

STOP! AUCTION TIME! *cue MC Hammer*

This year as a fun treat for my Extra Life charity fundraising, our good friend @CasualCart has graciously offered up his services as an artiste for the cause! 

If you want more info on Extra Life and my fundraising in general, check the main thread here: 

Current High Bid

• Amount: $155
  • Bidder: Spacepup

Details at a Glance

Here's the quick 'n' dirty of it:

WHAT:

• The winner of the auction will work with CasualCart for him to create a custom digital piece for you
  • There are stipulations which I will go into further below, read on if you plan to bid!

WHEN: 

• Begins immediately upon this thread going live
  • Ends Saturday November 7th @ 9pm EST

WHERE:

• Right here in this thread!

HOW:

• Simply post in this thread how much you want to bid
  • You can bid more than once if you are outbid or if you simply wish to put up more money for charity
  • Bidding will start at $5!
    • Any new bids need to be higher than the current highest or they won't be counted, simply ignored!
  • Bidding will end RIGHT at 9pm EST, new bids will not extend the auction at all, it will be simple: the highest bid when the clock strikes 9 is the winner
  • DO NOT EDIT YOUR BIDS; if you want to change your bid, make a new post with the new number. Don't worry about double posts. 

Getting Deeper

Here are the full rules, guidelines, stipulations, all that jazz:

What you're bidding on

You are bidding on a custom piece done by @CasualCart. If you've not seen his work before I'd first suggest coming up for air every so often from your underground lair; beyond that, if you click on his name there you can check his posts, many of which contain character art he's done here on the forum. In fact, the artwork in my main Extra Life thread was done by CasualCart! Very cool.

There are a few stipulations that Cart will be following, and I'd ask that you respect them:

1. Any sort of character drawing (multiple characters in the same drawing are fine too, within reason)
  2. Rated-G artwork only
  3. No copyright infringement (any trademarked characters must be altered for "fair use", meaning a highly transformative piece, like mashups or parody)
  4. Only digital copies available; physical/original artwork will not be mailed out
    1. If you'd like a physical print, I'd say chat w/ Cart about it; suffice it to say that that is beyond the scope of this auction

Why you're bidding

Well I mean... you've seen this guy's work, right? It's pretty cool to get something custom made, whether it's for a desktop background, a forum avatar, or what have you.

Beyond the art itself, of course this is for charity - your donations really do go a long way to help kids in need, especially given the current state of the world. I've been doing this for 8 years now and the generosity of my friends (yes, you!) has blown me away time and again.

Where does the money go?

Every single penny will go straight to Sick Kids through Extra Life. When the auction ends I will officially declare the winner and will PM that person. I'll ask that you make your donation directly to Extra Life; no money will go through my hands personally, you are committing simply to make a donation to Extra Life through my fundraising page.

A cool benefit of doing this that way is that by you donating directly to Extra Life yourself, it is tax deductible - you will receive tax info for a credit in the future from Extra Life themselves, something you'd be foregoing if you chose to have me make the donation on your behalf.

You are able to pay through Extra Life using a credit card directly, or through PayPal, or Amazon Pay.

If despite the above you'd personally prefer to pay your bid to me for one reason or another, I am happy to do so, despite the above. I would in that case ask that you PayPal me the funds and I will donate on your behalf. Note that doing so would forfeit any tax benefits, etc..

• Like 2