IGNORED

what have you been listening to?

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just played all the way thru The Chronic for the first time.  Outside of the songs we all know, and the Deez Nutz skit, it was pretty wack, but I owed it to Dre to listen all the way through out of

A buddy of mine put out a record today via the late John Prine’s record label. I’m awfully proud, it’s an incredible, sad album about his life. Here’s the latest video from it, Bag of Pills.

My all time favorite metal group. They never disappoint!

Posted Images

I just played all the way thru The Chronic for the first time.  Outside of the songs we all know, and the Deez Nutz skit, it was pretty wack, but I owed it to Dre to listen all the way through out of respect.

Dr.DreTheChronic.jpg

Edited by SilverspoonGaming
Added image
  • Wow! 1
  • Sad 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Angry 1
On 1/14/2021 at 9:06 PM, SilverspoonGaming said:

I just played all the way thru The Chronic for the first time.  Outside of the songs we all know, and the Deez Nutz skit, it was pretty wack, but I owed it to Dre to listen all the way through out of respect.

Dr.DreTheChronic.jpg

Dude Deez Nuts is so good. That whole album is gold back to front. Stranded on Deathrow is probably my favorite track 

• Like 1
Member · Posted

I've been redding up the apartment all afternoon, so of course booze and music were essential. 😄

Started off listening to Fire Ex, a local rock band here that sings in Taiwanense local language, then eventually sunk into my dirty little secrets, Good Goo Dolls, and (now listening to) Avril Lavigne. Oh boy, haha.

Edited by fcgamer
On 1/14/2021 at 10:06 PM, SilverspoonGaming said:

I just played all the way thru The Chronic for the first time.  Outside of the songs we all know, and the Deez Nutz skit, it was pretty wack, but I owed it to Dre to listen all the way through out of respect

Hahah.. wow take me back to junior high.. lol .. I used to love that stuff back then .. Dre and Snoop were at the top of their game back then . .I think that's when I started to listen to Cypress Hill

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Welcome to VGS!

Play, Make, Collect.

Here at VGS all kinds of gamers are welcome, and that includes you!

Join the conversation!

• Similar Content

• By ApebitMusic
      Hey guys, it's been about 6 months in the making. If you enjoy music for SNES Action and RPG titles such as Castlevania, Final Fantasy III, Chrono Trigger, I think you'll find a lot to like on my new album.
      There are rocking tracks, melancholy sonatas, and even some Hip Hop types of beats. I'm quite proud of it and hope you will check it out and support me! 
      Most of the album is streamable but I hid some of the best tracks, so if you'll have to buy the album to get to all the goodness   
      I hope you check it out and enjoy!!

Link ----->  APEBIT presents Precipice: Stardust !!! <----- Link

Yours Truly,
      Apebit
    • By ApebitMusic
      Hey guys! I'm pretty new around here but was a long-time NA poster. 
      My music has been used by the Angry Video Game Nerd in his last few videos, so I'm hoping to use that to gain some momentum 🙂 
      I'd love to work with developers and get more retro gamers interested in my music. 
      Please check out and support here!:
      apebit.bandcamp.com
      and here the newest single off my upcoming album, Precipice: Stardust, which will be a dark, sci-fi sorta SNES-style album:

Your support is really appreciated!
      Thanks so much!
      Apebit
    • By MachineCode
      Hey all,
      I noticed that we have quite a few musicians on the forum here, but don't have dedicated thread where we can share our work. Old or new, as long as it was made in part by you, share it here. I'll get the ball rolling.

Spotify: Heavy Handed - Old Adventures in Lo-Fi

Heavy Handed is a punk band that I joined over the summer whose lead guitarist I replaced. He basically recorded this, did a terrible job, and then sat on the tracks. So, the band sent em to me to clean up and overdub all the rhythm guitars. Not the greatest sounding thing, due to the poor quality tracks, but came together more than good enough for punk rock. Thus the album name and the GameBoy graphics theme.
      Despite all this, I enjoyed working through the obstacles and making all the graphics in order to put out 3 IMO solid and heavy tunes.

• By acromite53
      I'd like to share with you 2 programs I have enjoyed using. I use these to isolate NES or Genesis OSTs. For instance, I could hear just the bassline or the melody of these songs. This is a good tool for musicians trying to learn these songs. Or just have fun and mess around for hours with these like I do!
      NSFPlay- this plays NSF sound files. You can toggle on or off each wave channel. You need to download NSF files and then open them with this player. It works well. There aren't many sound channels so it is easy to learn what each one does.
      RYMCast- this plays Genesis .vgm sound files. The interface isn't that great and it glitches sometimes. You can visually see the waveforms which is nice. You can experiment with toggling these on or off. You can even slow or speed up the track. I love isolating the basslines and deconstructing the song bit by bit. Seriously, the Genesis has amazing sound when properly utilized by game developers. Don't believe the myth that Genesis audio sucks. Check out the "Socket" soundtrack!

If anyone knows of any similar programs for other systems like TurboGrafx, GameBoy, SNES, etc, please let me know.
      I hope you enjoy!
    • By acromite53
      I'm trying to make a list of Saturn games that include vocals / singing. I love SEGA music in this era. Usually the last track or credits include singing. It's so goofy and has such a charm to it. Please post some if you can find any. I'll link my playlist I update.
      Astal
      Burning Rangers
      Clockwork Knight
      Darius Gaiden
      Daytona USA
      Daytona CCE
      Highway 2000
      Nights into Dreams
      Panzer Dragoon Saga
      Sega Rally Championship
      Sega Touring Car Championship
      Silhouette Mirage