IGNORED

what have you been listening to?

nesking80

1 hour ago, JamesRobot said:

I'm a big Primus fan.  I've been listening quite a bit lately.  Turned my son onto Tales from the Punchbowl and the Brown Album a couple weeks ago.  Showed him Pork Soda just yesterday. 

I hadn't heard of them until this morning- my brother sent me a link to the first video.

• Like 1

On 9/9/2020 at 9:42 PM, Skorp said:

Hooked on Crystal Lake. Japanese metalcore. Japan truly has it all haha.

As a lover of heavy metal and other assorted loud music, I largely ignored this type of music. I guess I just prefer singing to screaming, or at least need some clean vocals to break up the death growls. These guys had some real groove going on hidden in between all those fills. I have to say I enjoyed it.

• Like 1

On 9/12/2020 at 9:34 PM, Kguillemette said:

As a lover of heavy metal and other assorted loud music, I largely ignored this type of music. I guess I just prefer singing to screaming, or at least need some clean vocals to break up the death growls. These guys had some real groove going on hidden in between all those fills. I have to say I enjoyed it.

Fair enough. Yeah they truly have a unique sound compared to others. Check out Apollo for instance or Devilcry. Omega is by far my favorite though wow. I do get the balance as it's good their are bands that are able to mix the cleans and uncleans very well like Killswitch Engage, As I Lay Dying, and Wage War.

Edited by Skorp

• 3 weeks later...
Editorials Team · Posted
On 9/12/2020 at 8:34 PM, Kguillemette said:

There's certainly plenty of those too in that particular subgenre