IGNORED

what have you been listening to?

nesking80

I slept on these guys forever because I generally dislike female vocals. This album is so killer I'm glad I finally tried. Almost shoegaze doom. 

I bought a copy of Come My Fanatics on vinyl I'm hoping shows up before I have to place a PayPal dispute 😞 no communication. Also Conan -  Monnos on the same order so hopefully those very soon. 

Slept 

Edited by 315retro

@TabongaNice choices, I'm kind of into krautrock myself, classic kraut is a bit hard to chew at times for me, mostly I limit myself to some of the most popular bands, NEU!, Kraftwerk, and Can, so it's good to hear some others. There are also some modern rock bands that incorporate krautrock elements in their music and I'm a big sucker for that, this one is a good example:

Edited by Abelardo
  • Like 1

On 10/21/2019 at 10:12 PM, nesking80 said:

rn ive been listening to a lot of denzel curry and danny brown, specifically zuu and uknowwhatimsayin. both are really good imo.

Hi! i'm in the process of downsizing my cd collection so I'm listening a shitload of stuff:

Today I've listened and I will depart:

Scorpion Crazy World

Duran Duran - Astronaut

Phil Collins - ...Hits!

Red Hot Chili Peppers - What's Hit?!

The Soup Dragons - Hotwired

Large Number - Spray On Sounds

Bob Dylan - Slow Train Coming

The 3 last days I did listened to a loOot more. I'm in overdrive mode. I'm taking advantage of the confinement to go throught. Almost there !

3 hours ago, Abelardo said:

@TabongaNice choices, I'm kind of into krautrock myself, classic kraut is a bit hard to chew at times for me, mostly I limit myself to some of the most popular bands, NEU!, Kraftwerk, and Can, so it's good to hear some others. There are also some modern rock bands that incorporate krautrock elements in their music and I'm a big sucker for that, this one is a good example:

Thanks - Not many people are into the earlier stuff (or even the later for that matter).  The first album I bought in that genre was Electronic Meditation (Tangerine Dream's first lp) on vinyl back in 1970!  Back then there wasn't even really a specific genre name - we just called it space music.

You might find this of interest (if you aren't familiar with it):

A bit later I'll put together some videos  for you from the first releases on Peter Baumann's  "Private Music" label that are very impressive.

Edited by Tabonga

@Tabonga Just listened to Tangerine Dream's Ricochet and it's fantastic! Thanks for sharing, I'll definitively revisit this album/song again, I had listened to Tangerine Dream before but only one or two albums, any recommendations on what to try next? I'll check out the Khan album and anything else you'd recommend next week, I'm off the computer for the weekend, thanks again 😄

23 minutes ago, Abelardo said:

@Tabonga Just listened to Tangerine Dream's Ricochet and it's fantastic! Thanks for sharing, I'll definitively revisit this album/song again, I had listened to Tangerine Dream before but only one or two albums, any recommendations on what to try next? I'll check out the Khan album and anything else you'd recommend next week, I'm off the computer for the weekend, thanks again 😄

You are indeed welcome! I can provide you quite a list - some early psychedelia too that you might like.  This stuff is really a trip down memory lane for me!!!

Here is one that is good (by Edgar Froese who was a founding member of Tangerine Dream (you likely know this but I suspect others may not be familiar with him)).

This was one of his early solo albums - he remastered it but I much prefer the original version.  

Edited by Tabonga
  • Like 1