IGNORED

what have you been listening to?

nesking80

I've been listening to a lot of old Fallout type music. Like anything that had to do with atom bombs or atomic energy in the 1940-1960s. An interesting sub genre of music and often very funny/catchy. Some of my favorites are:

- Crawl Out Through The Fallout - Sheldon Allman

- Fallout Shelter - Dore Alpert

- My Radiation Baby - George McKelvey

If you like these types of things, I recommend the CivilDefenseSpot channel on Youtube, they have a ton of these type of songs!

1 hour ago, the tall guy said:

The Clash.

My favorite band of all time, I recently dug my record player out of storage and have been thoroughly enjoying some old vinyl.

Nice! I love all of the "London Calling" album. I even bought the whole album to play on Rock Band 3! I'm really into vinyl records too. What albums have you been going through? And what kind of turntable do you have?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, acromite53 said:

Nice! I love all of the "London Calling" album. I even bought the whole album to play on Rock Band 3! I'm really into vinyl records too. What albums have you been going through? And what kind of turntable do you have?

London Calling is great!  I really like Combat Rock as well.

Just a bunch of classic rock stuff I collected years ago.  Led zep, AC/DC, Def Leppard.  Couple Beatles records as well (white album, revolver).

Turntable is an old Soundesign I've had since I was a kid.  Took a little elbow grease but got it turning again.

IMG_20191022_001906901.jpg

• Like 1

I just picked up The Wall by Pink Floyd on iTunes, listened to the whole thing straight through while on a long drive.  I haven't done that in 15-20 years, and it was interesting to hear it at a different stage in my life.  I have totally different reactions to the songs now and the overarching theme of the album.  

25 minutes ago, the tall guy said:

London Calling is great!  I really like Combat Rock as well.

Just a bunch of classic rock stuff I collected years ago.  Led zep, AC/DC, Def Leppard.  Couple Beatles records as well (white album, revolver).

Turntable is an old Soundesign I've had since I was a kid.  Took a little elbow grease but got it turning again.

Very cool. It's great to see those fixed up again with a little work. I've never used an automatic record changer.

I got this Technics SL 1300 on Craiglist from some dude. I had to solder on a new ground wire since it was broken off! Also used contact cleaner on the dials.

I love listening to all the Beatles and their first round of solo albums. I also like New Wave. Talking Heads, Elvis Costello, The Cars, Devo, Blondie. Classic Rock too Springsteen, Niel Young, Who, T Rex, Love, Beach Boys, Bowie, and many other 60s/70s groups.

20190913_132242.jpg

Edited by acromite53
  • Like 2

I've been on a video game music cover kick lately. A lot of people have heard of Lindsey Stirling, but I've been listening to Taylor Davis lately. She has a great Zelda cover album that takes a lot of smart, creative liberties to make her interpretations unique. It's been on loop while I work the past several days. https://open.spotify.com/album/5OLju6VznOPxJk5s62YS0k?si=Sx6uzUOsQjGIshSJoDeWCA

17 hours ago, Hammerfestus said:

In the Spirit of the Season I’ve been listening to a lot of the Misfits.   And Danzig’s solo stuff

Also I really wish my phone would stop capitalizing random words.

HA! same here. Well, more so Danzig stuff than Misfits/Samhain past few days. 

7 minutes ago, Hammerfestus said:

Danzig was my FIRST metal.  Also learned to play guitar jamming Danzig tunes.  \m/

Hell yeah! I still can't play for shit but I do remember trying quite often to play Twist of Cain and Devil's Plaything seems a couple of others, that was ages ago though. 

I don't expect anyone to like this, but I've been listening to Les Anticipateurs's latest album. They are an "outside the game" rap group from Quebec. It's mostly parody, but played 1st degree to the extreme. So dumb it's smart kinda thing.

On the opposite end of that french rap spectrum,  Vald's new album is a work of pure genius and this one is actually smart, clever and full of bangers. He talks about his views on the worl, the classes hierarchy, success and wealth from a very cynical point of view that I just can't help but agree with. Mostly he's sort of torn between being happy to have made it, and also sad that our society would allow extreme discrepancies between super wealthy and complete life threatening poverty. He question wether or not he or anyone else deserves to gain so much while others have so little, who pulls the strings to create such a world, etc.

Edited by WhyNotZoidberg

Events Team · Posted

Quite a lot of Queen, since I became a huge fan of them after watching the movie Bohemian Rhapsody, which I personally enjoyed despite the historical inaccuracies. I was aware of Queen before hand, but the movie opened my eyes to how much I actually loved their music and I haven't looked back since. Definitely my personal favorite band bar none. Also a lot of video game music, as has always been the case with me. The usual suspects, Castlevania (My favorite video game series as far as music goes), Sonic, Legend of Zelda, all the real good stuff. Also been listening to some of Tee Lopes' work in general, since some of his tracks before he was hired to do the soundtrack for Sonic Mania are absolutely heavenly. Some of my favorites from him are his 2012 covers of Starlight Zone and Labyrinth Zone, but all of his stuff is incredible, especially the previously mentioned Sonic Mania soundtrack. Good god is that man talented.

Going back to Queen, some of my favorites from them are actually the lesser known stuff. Like, I love me some Don't Stop Me Now, Bohemian Rhapsody, Another One Bites the Dust, but the songs from them that aren't up there in legendary status I sometimes actually prefer. Stuff like Scandal, The Invisible Man, Coming Soon, Now I'm Here, Seven Seas Of Rhye, the entire Made In Heaven album, some of Freddie's solo songs and covers, MARCH OF THE BLACK QUEEN, MASTERPIECE THAT IT IS, etc. The Show Must Go On is my favorite song of all time, largely due to the fact I heard it during one of the lowest moments of my life, and it played a big part in potentially saving my life, so I mean how could it not be my favorite, it just kind of gets that spot by default. Made In Heaven also had a similar effect on me, and is also a fantastic song.

Anyway, I'll just keep going on and on about music if you don't stop me, so I'll go ahead and cut myself off here before I type out a best-selling novel. 😛

...With that said, definitely give Queen a listen if anyone here never really got in to them. They cover a ton of genres and have a little something for everyone I think, even if you don't just like all of their work like me.

• Like 1