IGNORED

Alexkidd401 Strikes Back! - Finds, Flips & Tips

October 31st 2020 - I normally hate Halloween. This Halloween wasn’t normal though, so I loved it. My goal is to line up deals during the week and scoop them all up on the weekend. So I posted a Switch Lite for trade in exchange for retro games. I felt a bit defeated because all of the inquiries for the Switch were coming up as duds. Either people weren’t reading the ad or it was little kids attempting to trade Madden 2012 on the 360 for my Switch Lite. I had a single mom accuse me of even being a scammer because “Who in their right mind would trade their Switch Lite for a 3DS with 50 games?”

spacer.png

Despite all of the nonsense I had to sift through, a remarkable deal was still made. It was actually from a collector (a demographic that I normally avoid. No offense lol). He knew the stuff he had was valuable but good gravy! We were texting most of the week but I couldn’t tell if he was trolling me or serious about getting a deal done. In retrospect I think he may have been legitimately busy. He sent me a text on Saturday saying he had some free time before his wife’s Halloween party. We agreed to meet at BestBuy since I had to pick up my copy of Ys Memories of Celceta on the PS4 from there.

The whole Halloween element of the day just made me uneasy. Halloween turns relatively sane people into doofuses and strippers. Who doesn’t like the latter but the former never hesitates to chap my hide. Everyone I encountered though (even the BestBuy employee) was a pleasure to deal with. The dude I was meeting up with at BestBuy might've been the chillest collector I ever met in my life. He pulled up at 6:30pm on the dot with an entire bin of TurboGrafx greatness and two shoe boxes worth of N64 excellence. Said he collected most of the N64 games (a couple of them even have JJGames labels on the top of them) over a long period of time but he bought the TurboGrafx-16 recently from a lady who cleans out old storage units. 

For this entire lot, I traded him a Yellow Switch Lite, Scribblenauts, The Lego Movie games, Terraria and New Super Lucky Tale. I only had $223 invested in the stuff. I paid $180 for the Switch Lite. I picked it up from Fred Meyer the day before with a $20 off coupon. All of the games I bought from Walmart clearance for $43. Well worth it. Now I just need to trade this other Switch Lite for some Turbo Duo CD games and I’ll be good to go.

33752A90-C511-4F3F-B9B6-EBBB12A598A1.thumb.jpeg.1a2dafd042cf0bc1edf982676d119319.jpeg

Edited by alexkidd401
Spelling/grammar
  • Like 2
  • Wow! 3

• 2 weeks later...

November 9th 2020 - I’ve been watching a lot of anime of late. Let’s just be real for a moment, escaping into anime seems to be more and more appealing nowadays to probably everybody. So I binged watch The Promised Neverland on the Netflix. Excellent show (minus the depiction of Krone and Jemima). One of the main characters strengths though is strategy. It inspired an eureka moment for me.

He wasn’t the strongest or the fastest out of all of the orphans but he was the man with the master plan. I’ve realize when it comes to hunting and pillaging for games, having a strategy is way more valuable than just relying on “luck” as some would say. I sold a GameCube with 4 crap-tastic games for $75 on Friday. I went and bought a Nintendo Switch Lite $100 on Saturday. I traded that same Switch Lite for all of the games you’ll see below this past Sunday. Strategy is the key. I did some research and the Turquoise Switch Lite is the most popular color? Really?

spacer.png

I have no issue with the color Turquoise but I would of put money on the grey or the yellow units being more desirable. Either way, I bought another Turquoise Switch Lite from Fred Meyer using a $20 off coupon on Monday. That was quite an interesting situation as well. The employee was seriously upset that the coupon worked. It’s the 4th time that I’ve used the coupon in the last two weeks. There was even a stack of coupons right outside of the entrance to the Electronics section. I had to convince him to even scan it. I’ll never understand why so many employees get so bent out of shape over a corporation that wouldn’t piss on them if they were on fire. I digress though.  

13D80AD0-D791-43A7-8E86-921F0E537AFC.jpeg

Edited by alexkidd401
Spelling/grammar
  • Like 3
  • Wow! 2

On 11/10/2020 at 5:37 AM, MiamiSlice said:

Wait... you traded one Switch Lite for everything in that picture!? That’s crazy!!! 

That's been the case for both of my finds so far. I don't deserve much credit for the concept.

I took the idea from this guy... 

Edited by alexkidd401
Spelling/grammar
  • Like 1