IGNORED

The Ebay/Gamestop/Craiglist/Amazon/Goodwill/etc rant thread

Quest4Nes

Looked through threads and didnt see one. So if there is one please lock this one.

Do you have a problem with Ebay/Gamestop/Craiglist/Amazon or Good Will?  Do you wanna vent about it?  Here's your thread to do so.

Upset or mad at Ebay/Gamestop/Craiglist?  Need to post and gripe about 'em?

Please feel free to moan, belly ache, complain, vent, rant, bitch or whatever else it could be called here in the Ebay/Gamestop/Craiglist RANT thread.

Edited by Quest4Nes

mods maybe pin this one if its not already on here

My returns have gone up and up the last 2-3 months on ebay. I hate their top rated algorithm mandating free returns. I have had about 4-5 the past 2 weeks all for just changing mind. Eff some people man. The nerve to buy sub 15 items that cost 5 just to ship and then saying hey seller pay me to ship this back to you because I change my mind . UGHHHH

I never do that shit to anyone. Some people man, some people

• Like 1

Someone feel free to tell me if I’m the dick here, but here’s my minor gripe:

I usually list my stuff a little below the eBay price because 1. I usually want to sell it quickly or I need the money now and 2. I like getting good deals and I like giving other collectors good deals.

So it irritates me a little when I’ve already got it discounted, best offers turned off, and I still get a question in my inbox from someone asking me if I’ll sell it to him for 33% off my set price.

• Like 2

• The topic was pinned
1 hour ago, The Strangest said:

Someone feel free to tell me if I’m the dick here, but here’s my minor gripe:

I usually list my stuff a little below the eBay price because 1. I usually want to sell it quickly or I need the money now and 2. I like getting good deals and I like giving other collectors good deals.

So it irritates me a little when I’ve already got it discounted, best offers turned off, and I still get a question in my inbox from someone asking me if I’ll sell it to him for 33% off my set price.

typically cheap skate offer buyers are some of the worst anyway. I give a one message polite decline. I ignore after that. Some try to respond and gripe about not accepting their price. Those people end up on the block list.

I sold a pre-order for one of my copies of The Messenger from special reserve games about 3 weeks before I recived the game. The sale was through ebay's international shipping program to Germany.

The guy contacted me the same day I shipped and asked if he could cancel the order. After going back and forth for longer than I should have I said no, and he submitted a claim to ebay for a defective product. I spoke to ebay, after a couple days they found the claim in my favor.

Next, the buyer received the game and put in a defective product claim with paypal claiming the disc was loose and the box was damaged in transit, and would not submit photos. Ebay's international shipping would have been responsible for any damage to the game after they shipped it and again they found the case in my favor. 

Next, the guy filed a claim with his credit card company saying that it was a fraudulent purchase because somebody else used his credit card. They found in my favor as of yesterday. 

So after all is said and done, I spent hours dealing with this over several weeks; what a headache. And all this so I could get my copy of The Messenger for free. 

This definetly was a loss for me even if I didn't lose any money. And it make me wonder if it's a waste of time in general.

On the other side of it, maybe it was just my turn, I don't sell a lot of games, but I have never had some one request a return, and have never had a negative response to a sale that I made. Rant over. 

Edited by Californication

11 hours ago, Californication said:

I sold a pre-order for one of my copies of The Messenger from special reserve games about 3 weeks before I recived the game. The sale was through ebay's international shipping program to Germany.

The guy contacted me the same day I shipped and asked if he could cancel the order. After going back and forth for longer than I should have I said no, and he submitted a claim to ebay for a defective product. I spoke to ebay, after a couple days they found the claim in my favor.

Next, the buyer received the game and put in a defective product claim with paypal claiming the disc was loose and the box was damaged in transit, and would not submit photos. Ebay's international shipping would have been responsible for any damage to the game after they shipped it and again they found the case in my favor. 

Next, the guy filed a claim with his credit card company saying that it was a fraudulent purchase because somebody else used his credit card. They found in my favor as of yesterday. 

So after all is said and done, I spent hours dealing with this over several weeks; what a headache. And all this so I could get my copy of The Messenger for free. 

This definetly was a loss for me even if I didn't lose any money. And it make me wonder if it's a waste of time in general.

On the other side of it, maybe it was just my turn, I don't sell a lot of games, but I have never had some one request a return, and have never had a negative response to a sale that I made. Rant over. 

That sounds horrible. What a terrible person

Mercari 

got a nice snes bundle from there, nothing to crazy but some good games. 

seller sends item and immediately asks me to rate him since his selling his games to pay rent. 

I don’t rate unless I get the items, proceeds to insult me and what not. 

I get the games and he sent repros instead of the games pictured, I message him and told him that the games he post pictures of where real not repros. Says I switched them out etc etc eventually he just refunded me the money and delete his account 

games where 

secret of mana 

Metroid 

Mario rpg

metroid 

final fantasy 2 and 3 

It happened to me again.

I just listed a Genesis game CIB with some box wear on eBay for below FMV because of condition. Within the hour I get a message saying “I’ll take it if you take *$X* off.” Yeah, I bet you would. I politely declined and he says “I hear ya, it’s just got a lot of issues condition-wise.”

The condition is noted in the description and documented in the photos and the discounted price reflects it. I’ve been selling the games I no longer play on eBay for a long time and I mostly do BINs but this is the first time I’ve gotten these types of messages. Maybe I’ve just been lucky thus far.

Sold an Action Replay DSI on ebay to a guy. Minutes after he buys it, he sends multiple messages asking if it "Will run on his 3ds", "how to operate it", "what codes are included", "will it work on his specific pokemon game", "where did I get the item", "will it make my pokemon shiny", etc.?

I have no doubt this was a kid because of the questions, grammer, and failing to comprehend my responses.(...and because of pokemon lol). Why don't you ask me these things BEFORE you buy my item?? Or better yet, do your own research. I had to read up on this crap in the pdf instructions and online forums (which I included in both responses which he didn't read). And again asked me questions that are directly addressed in the instructions. But I guess he wanted me to retype what was in the manual.

"Ok one more question. how do I use it. So I know the codes are in and I put the game into the slot, but what's next. can u please give me a step by step? and does it work with 2ds/3ds or just DS (I have both)"

Oh yeah and he has no feedback and he didn't leave me any either.

Look. I have no problem helping people out and typing out a thorough reply but don't give me a follow up like this and make me waste my time.

Edited by acromite53

On ‎10‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 5:05 AM, Bear85 said:

Mercari 

got a nice snes bundle from there, nothing to crazy but some good games. 

seller sends item and immediately asks me to rate him since his selling his games to pay rent. 

I don’t rate unless I get the items, proceeds to insult me and what not. 

I get the games and he sent repros instead of the games pictured, I message him and told him that the games he post pictures of where real not repros. Says I switched them out etc etc eventually he just refunded me the money and delete his account 

games where 

secret of mana 

Metroid 

Mario rpg

metroid 

final fantasy 2 and 3 

Are we seriously to the point where people are making repros of desirable commons?

One time i sold a nintendo console to an old lady on ebay. She asked a whole lot of questions, didn't like one of the controller provided so i replace it, no big deal, yeah?

Well, a month later, almost to the minute she sends me a message claiming a controller was busted, and that i needed to give her about 70, 80 bucks or buy a new PAIR of controllers for her  I told her no, and that if there was a problem with the machine she should send it back for a full refund. She then proceeds to open a return, and freaks out at me when she realizes i'm not obligated to give her free money. telling me it was "the right thing to do" because one of the buttons on the controller supposedly didn't respond(they never produced any kind of evidence that it was broken). She then proceeds to somehow file a claim wit ebay, and GOT A FULL REFUND WITHOUT EVER HAVING TO RETURN THE CONSOLE. Now, to ebay's credit, they "found that i was not at fault" and didn't take the money out of my account, but man it still feels like i got screwed over

Moral of the story, if the buyer starts asking a ton of questions, cancel the order right away.

Edited by PineappleLawnchair
  • Like 2

I would like to sell on ebay, but I always end up with the idiots that only have two transactions and an invalid address.  If I can't print it on a shipping label, then why are you accepting it from them ebay?  They also seem to be really pushing that make an offer crap.  I can't figure out how to turn it off.  I also list all my stuff as only shipping to north america, but I still get these guys from across the atlantic who need special attention (see above).  I think this last time did if for me and ebay at least as far as videogame and electronics sales go.  I think I'll stick with the forums from now on.

So today during my lunch hour at work I decided to take advantage of Gamestop's B1G1 free retro game sale. This was my first time really shopping using Gamestop's new website and it was a miserable experience. Half of Gamestop's retro inventory is out of stock and the new site has no way of filtering those games out, so I had to go through the tedium of quick viewing each game on the page to see if I could actually buy it. Then when I was ready to checkout, I decided to redeem my pro reward points for a $10 off coupon. Except I couldn't; the rewards system outright refused to redeem my points. After an hour of waiting to see if Gamestop would sort their shit out, I gave up hoping to save an extra $10 and went to checkout again. Except now I couldn't; one of the games in my cart was now out of stock. And of course Gamestop's website wouldn't tell me which one it was or even just automatically remove the game from my cart. The error message told me I had to manually remove the game or games in my cart that were out of stock before I could proceed. And of course the cart doesn't link any items back to their product page, I had to remove each item from my cart one at a time until the cart error message went away, then go back out and hunt down the games I removed from my cart until I found the game that was out of stock and picked a substitute.

By the end I was legit angry when I was done. So many damn little annoyances with that site that just serve to piss you off. The old website was miles better than the current garbage Gamestop is running.

5 minutes ago, Teh_Lurv said:

So today during my lunch hour at work I decided to take advantage of Gamestop's B1G1 free retro game sale. This was my first time really shopping using Gamestop's new website and it was a miserable experience. Half of Gamestop's retro inventory is out of stock and the new site has no way of filtering those games out, so I had to go through the tedium of quick viewing each game on the page to see if I could actually buy it. Then when I was ready to checkout, I decided to redeem my pro reward points for a $10 off coupon. Except I couldn't; the rewards system outright refused to redeem my points. After an hour of waiting to see if Gamestop would sort their shit out, I gave up hoping to save an extra $10 and went to checkout again. Except now I couldn't; one of the games in my cart was now out of stock. And of course Gamestop's website wouldn't tell me which one it was or even just automatically remove the game from my cart. The error message told me I had to manually remove the game or games in my cart that were out of stock before I could proceed. And of course the cart doesn't link any items back to their product page, I had to remove each item from my cart one at a time until the cart error message went away, then go back out and hunt down the games I removed from my cart until I found the game that was out of stock and picked a substitute.

By the end I was legit angry when I was done. So many damn little annoyances with that site that just serve to piss you off. The old website was miles better than the current garbage Gamestop is running.

Yeah, their new site sucks balls.   

If it's any consolation, you wouldn't have been able to combine that $10 off coupon with the BOGO sale anyway.

On 10/26/2019 at 10:58 PM, Quest4Nes said:

mods maybe pin this one if its not already on here

My returns have gone up and up the last 2-3 months on ebay. I hate their top rated algorithm mandating free returns. I have had about 4-5 the past 2 weeks all for just changing mind. Eff some people man. The nerve to buy sub 15 items that cost 5 just to ship and then saying hey seller pay me to ship this back to you because I change my mind . UGHHHH

I never do that shit to anyone. Some people man, some people

I have had an uptick in returns and I wish Ebay didn’t have everything automatic. Sometimes as a business decision I would like to just eat a $6 refund rather than pay 3.50 to get it back. 

I know I could have it automatically do refunds but I want to look at it on a case by case basis. 

I do occasionally immediately hit refund but the knuckleheads still send it back.

I have had a handful of people just expect me to give them a full refund on $25 or $120 items and I told them to send it back. I have had about 5 returns closed in the last month with the buyer not bothering to return the item. 

5 hours ago, Pats1717 said:

I have had an uptick in returns and I wish Ebay didn’t have everything automatic. Sometimes as a business decision I would like to just eat a $6 refund rather than pay 3.50 to get it back. 

I know I could have it automatically do refunds but I want to look at it on a case by case basis. 

I do occasionally immediately hit refund but the knuckleheads still send it back.

I have had a handful of people just expect me to give them a full refund on $25 or $120 items and I told them to send it back. I have had about 5 returns closed in the last month with the buyer not bothering to return the item. 

same , I have had about 10-15 returns the last couple months. About half didnt bother returning after me buying the label. Typically, if they are an asshole, I will eat an extra 3 dollars to make them ship it back. They usually dont because you know they are lying. Just had another one of those on friday. Said the mcdonalds toy they didnt even need to open the package, could tell it was busted into a million pieces. Then tells me this is the 3rd one theyve tried to buy thats arrived broken. Just give me a break. I make those people return the 5-7 dollar item on principle

Free Returns for the 10 percent off just sucks. Returns have already eaten the whole savings. If it didnt affect your search results Id get out of free returns. Its bullshit. The company they propped up saying it was the industry standard as why we had to do it, no longer even offers it because its not feasible.

Edited by Quest4Nes
  • Like 2

Thank Christ this thread's still around, I got me some grievances, mainly with the post office. I swear I haven't had a single box arrive in good shape the past few months. Earlier this year, boxes would look completely untouched, now it looks like they played football with the dang things; all the corners bent in, that black gunk/scuffs across every surface...it's just a miracle all the sellers I've ordered from packed everything with ungodly amounts of bubble wrap, or else I'd have a lot of busted up goods on my hands.