IGNORED

Gloves does Extra Life 2020!

Gloves

Administrator · Posted

vgs-banner.png

Huge thanks to @CasualCart for donating his art to the cause!

It's that time of year again! As with every year for the last 8 years, I am participating in Extra Life! On November 7th 2020 I will be playing games live on Twitch for 24 straight hours, raising money for Sick Kids. 

Here's the quick n' dirty deets:

• When: November 7th, 2020
    • Starting around 8am, EST
  • Where: Twitch!
  • Donations: Handled through Extra Life
    • Donate here: http://extra-life.org/participant/douglasglover
    • ALL proceeds go toward helping kids in need!
    • Note: You don't HAVE to donate ON Game Day; I can take donations any day of the year, so feel free to toss a coin to your Witcher whenever you feel the urge. 🙂

This is a cause that is very close to my heart; kids should be the last to suffer, yet many battle through significant hardships well outside of their comprehension and ability to manage alone. Your donations really do go a long way to help make the Childrens' Miracle Network Hospitals better able to accommodate their needs during the hard times.

This year the state of things has kept me quite busy so I've not been able to really come up with an hour-by-hour plan or anything (not that I ever really follow one anyway!), but per usual I am happy to follow a "Donate and I will play your game of choice" kind of approach. I of course will have games at the ready for the lulls, but there's always that incentive. If you have any ideas of how I might spice things up I'm all ears!

Custom Art Auction!

Speaking of spicing things up - that banner looks pretty rad, amirite? It was made by our resident art guy (title pending) CasualCart! And this year in the name of charity he has offered up his pen for the cause - I will be holding an auction here on VGS for 1 week leading up to and ending on November 7th (Game Day!), with the winner receiving a custom piece created for you by CasualCart! There will of course be some stipulations regarding content, but I'll have those ironed out for you all in the auction thread when the time comes.

I'm looking forward to another Game Day chilling with you all, playing games and having a good time. I'll update you all in this thread with any news, and the occasional reminder!

• Like 6

• 3 weeks later...
Administrator · Posted

Just over half an hour to go until Game Day 2020 starts! Like a kid on Christmas I dragged my sleepy ass out of bed and am now prepping myself mentally and physically for the marathon ahead. 

I've got everything set up, so now I have to... Decide what to play first lol. Probably something slow and easy to wake up a bit. 

• Like 2