IGNORED

VGS Weekly Contest - Ghosts 'n Goblins

BeaIank

23 hours ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

Man, that 2016 contest thread is 28 pages long. It would take me a week just to read it. That strategy site is interesting though.

Where is the strategy site? I have to know how @BeaIank is able to clear 200k on level 1. That seems at least 5x whats possible in the alloted time. Guessing there are hidden ways to get big bonuses? I had one game where a red flashy item appeared as if from nowhere and it yielded 10k points. Seems like a hint, but I have no idea what triggered it

14 hours ago, NESfiend said:

Where is the strategy site? I have to know how @BeaIank is able to clear 200k on level 1. That seems at least 5x whats possible in the alloted time. Guessing there are hidden ways to get big bonuses? I had one game where a red flashy item appeared as if from nowhere and it yielded 10k points. Seems like a hint, but I have no idea what triggered it

Here you go:

https://strategywiki.org/wiki/Ghosts_'n_Goblins

Edited by Bearcat-Doug
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, BeaIank said:

The strategy site isn't even the beginning of it.
But it looks like the pages where I posted the optimal king drop table manipulation route is gone.
Tough luck.

I tried reading through the 2016 thread earlier this morning and it looks like only the first and last four pages are archived. 

4 hours ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

Hopefully the scores pick up this weekend. It's been awfully quiet around here.

The game is hard as shit. Probably the hardest game Ive played in the contests this year. Tough one to put up a score that isnt a fraction of what the top people will get. Feel bad for @Sumer who joined up this week. Hard game for people like us who are new to it. Really frustrating when you are starting out, but Im starting to really enjoy it even though Im not getting anywhere. Feels like the week we played mappy. Playing plenty, getting nowhere, but loving it regardless