IGNORED

VGS Weekly Contest - Ghosts 'n Goblins

BeaIank

Took it up through the 23rd or 24th play-through.  Correction, enemy speed continues to increase.  The ghosts don't really get much faster but their projectiles do, and their behavior changes considerably for the worse.  The petite devil doesn't seem to speed up at all.  The blue devils get to moving so fast that they seem to be tracing out the shape of a pound sign # on the screen, the unicorns just mow you down, the dragon is a spastic nightmare, Red devils change their behavior frequently in successive variations, the big men look to be genuinely impossible at most points and I never got anywhere near one of the satans on level 5 or 6.  I just skipped around trying each level.  Eventually around playthrough 20 on the first level I could no longer go up the first ladder without being shot off by the green plant due to the speed increasing.  The red tower things on level 3 shot faster as well.  The zombies on the first level required a very good offense.  Any attempt to hold ground for an extended period met with certain death...

• Like 1

This is my first time participating in any event...just joined last month.  Hopefully this is the right way to take the picture.  Bad score...I never had this game growing up and only recently got it for my NES.  I will keep trying throughout this week:

IMG_1128.JPG

Edited by Sumer
New Score
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

Did you play through it 23 or 24 times in a row? I played 10 loops of Super C once before I didn't want to play anymore.

Maybe he's using Game Genie codes or emulator or something? I can't imagine anyone actually playing through this 20+ times.

Edited by mbd39

2 minutes ago, Sumer said:

This is my first time participating in any event...just joined last month.  Hopefully this is the right way to take the picture.  Bad score...I never had this game growing up and only recently got it for my NES.  I will keep trying throughout this week:

GG1.JPG

Hopefully you have fun playing this week and join in on the contests next season!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

Did you play through it 23 or 24 times in a row? I played 10 loops of Super C once before I didn't want to play anymore.

No, of course not.  For that I just used the level select code to keep advancing the play-through.  At first I was just giving each 1st level a go.  Then, during the higher-numbered play-throughs I got curious what the rest of the enemies were like at such wildly advanced difficulty so I sampled 2 - 6 as well.  I was also curious if there'd come a point that the program would just reset to default, but not so far...

Just now, PII said:

No, of course not.  For that I just used the level select code to keep advancing the play-through.  At first I was just giving each 1st level a go.  Then, during the higher-numbered play-throughs I got curious what the rest of the enemies were like at such wildly advanced difficulty so I sampled 2 - 6 as well.  I was also curious if there'd come a point that the program would just reset to default, but not so far...

There are people around here crazy enough to play through 24 straight times, so I figured that I had better ask.

10 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

There are people around here crazy enough to play through 24 straight times, so I figured that I had better ask.

Lol, and I'd probably be one of 'em, but in this case that would not be doable.  On one of my late 1st level goes I managed to get all the way through the level - took one hit on the unicorn that was whipping back and forth like a hummingbird that'd just discovered its first ever can of Jolt Cola.

Just now, PII said:

Lol, and I'd probably be one of 'em, but in this case that would not be doable.  On one of my late 1st level goes I managed to get all the way through the level - took one hit on the unicorn that was whipping back and forth like a hummingbird that'd just discovered its first ever can of Jolt Cola.

I might try that type of a marathon with some games, but not this one. Two loops is enough for me.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I might try that type of a marathon with some games, but not this one. Two loops is enough for me.

I wouldn't want to do that many loops of any game unless it's super short like Donkey Kong.

The near 7 loops of Contra is probably the most I've done of a normal length game. There may be shorter games I looped more.

51 minutes ago, mbd39 said:

I wouldn't want to do that many loops of any game unless it's super short like Donkey Kong.

The near 7 loops of Contra is probably the most I've done of a normal length game. There may be shorter games I looped more.

I played Donkey Kong to the kill screen once. I think it took about 7 and a half hours.

• Wow! 1

So this is it huh. The very last week before the tournament. I didn't really feel like playing much this year and I didn't keep up with the threads either. Hopefully there was some good stuff and most people had fun. 

See what I can do about getting a kickle picture up later. For old times sake. 

7 minutes ago, SuperJimtendo said:

So this is it huh. The very last week before the tournament. I didn't really feel like playing much this year and I didn't keep up with the threads either. Hopefully there was some good stuff and most people had fun. 

See what I can do about getting a kickle picture up later. For old times sake. 

I was going to say that I've missed the Kickle pictures, but I figured that you had been busy moving and such.

Edited by Bearcat-Doug