IGNORED

VGS Weekly Contest - Ghosts 'n Goblins

BeaIank

Events Team · Posted
2 hours ago, bertsampson said:

It doesn't matter for me anyway.  I don't need the points.  I'm ready for the tournament and to be done already.  Not to be a downer, but I'm not in the greatest place right now.

I hope things get well for you again soon.
Feel free to reach out if you need anything.

Events Team · Posted
1 hour ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I thought so. It's been awhile. I always beat it so I wasn't sure if there was a continue screen.

Yeah, sure. And I am a virgin and I am sober right now.
Also, if you don't make 200k points before leaving stage 1, you are a fucking scrub.

• Haha 2

...1st Run - 109,200  This might also be the first time I've ever looked at my points in this game...

2nd Run - 227,200 -

3rd Run - 343,000 - 4 a.m. yikes... I'ma see'in ghosts AND goblins whether I'm looking at the screen or not...

4th Run - 422,400 - I was planning a night off in the name of bodily integrity, I'm glad now that I didn't.  All the frontin' goin on got me properly riled up for this go.

5th Run - 486,300 - Level one farming helped this run a bit, same for level three.

6th Run - 618,100 - Prolly my last run until Sunday sometime...

GNG6thRUN.png

Edited by PII
  • Like 1

Events Helper · Posted
7 hours ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

What's the score shaming threshold this week? 700k? Anyone that can't hit that should be embarrassed.

4 hours ago, BeaIank said:

Yeah, sure. And I am a virgin and I am sober right now.
Also, if you don't make 200k points before leaving stage 1, you are a fucking scrub.

😞  Shame my way!

I haven't played this before, so it will be different.......

So, now that I'm actually looking at my points when playing this game, I've noticed that after beating the second play-through and moving on to the 3rd play-through, the score resets.  Unlike the transition from 1st play-through to 2nd play-through, the transition from 2nd to 3rd requires that the player select continue at the title screen which resets the score to zero.  So if I have it right, the longest play anyone can do for this competition is the standard, "beat the game twice."  Someone please correct me if this is incorrect.