IGNORED

Mario no Photopi

Man this is getting dumb. I wish OP would be right about games first coming to Japan and ergo being worth more, but they are not and I highly doubt they ever will be. I've slowly picked up nice, complete/NOS Japanese games for years because they are often dirt cheap compared to their US counterparts. People don't collect what they tend to not have nostalgia for and people aren't nostalgic for Japanese stuff, they want US and maybe PAL.

I mean, it'd be nice to be wrong because if my $40 (shipped from Japan) Chrono jumps to $20k in value in someone's mind, by all means that sucker can have it. I'll gladly take your money and put it towards my kids college.

Alas, that's not gonna happen.

• Like 2

On 10/2/2020 at 2:39 AM, DefaultGen said:

Today someone posted this $35,000 Mario no Photopi on Ebay (and also hyped it up as super r@re in a Wata Facebook group).
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mario-no-Photopi-Nintendo-N64-Rarest-Mario-Game-Ever-Released-Sealed-Wata-9-2/333738141107?hash=item4db457e5b3:g:xY4AAOSwmC9fc5qB

Over the past 2 months, 12 copies were BIN'd on Ebay/Yahoo for $100-400. So you know what, if you think you can buy out every copy of a game and jack the price up $34,500 and some idiot will buy it, power to you.

It's not just the blatant market manipulation of a game no one cares about that gets to me though. The copy for sale isn't even complete. It's the inner box of a big box set.

z2Ree7P.png

A complete copy of the game w/the big box and photo disk:

N0Mt6Ts.png

The game market is crazier than ever. Just a reminder not to get caught up with clueless sports card newbies hyping garbage no one actually cares about, even when you see this "sell" for $10,000 on Heritage.

I KNEW I had seen this lame copy of Mario No Photopi somewhere before! Thanks for the heads up @DefaultGen!

THIRTY FIVE THOUSAND DOLLARS!!!!!

HAR HAR HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA!!!!!🤣🤣🤣

BWAAAHHHHH HA HA HAA HAHA AHAHAHHA HA HAH  AHA AHAH HA!!!!!!!!🤣🤣🤣

Stop it, please you're killing me!!! HA AHA AH HA AH HA HA!!!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, thesofasurfer said:

Its rarer than the virtual wrestling 2. Not sure where u are getting your info from. Its also rarer than the king of pro baseball 2 you speak of. As for being part of a bigger set, that is true and false.  Like Mario kart 64, Nintendo would not include a separate box like they did for pocket stadium monsters, Mario kart 64 unless the game itself was a truly a boxed game put in a larger box to that also holds additional accessories or controllers, etc.

Daring to question the wisdom and knowledge of N64 that is @OptOut. Wow.

So let me get this straight, just to be clear as it's been bothering me. Where exactly have you been getting your information from?

So we have collector and gamer that has been following and researching this for years, versus a slimey, uninformed "investor" who is trying yet failing at selling the item on eBay for 35K, who has no real knowledge of the machine or games aside from a few Wikipedia-esque articles. Man, I'm not sure who I'd trust on this.

I hope you didn't pay too much for this one pal. If I had paid a mint for it myself, I'd personally shove it where the sun don't shine and then pray for internal bleeding, that's honestly how bad of an investment piece this was.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, hyrulevyse said:

Yeah he's been doing this all over Facebook.  One of those guys that shows pics of his games when someone else is posting their pick-up.

"Nice grab, but here's something even harder to find!  BTW it's on eBay and it's heading to Heritage."

hey guys i have a game that's a 1 of like 2 it's totally super rare and you can buy it off my ebay page because i don't actually care about games outside of the numbers in my bank account going up

EDIT: I also literally came from the dead to post this, I was dead even in NA beforehand

Edited by au
  • Like 4

13 minutes ago, au said:

Ah, so you're not even a collector, you're a reseller.

You know you can't pull the wool over the eyes who've dealt with this kind of stuff for over a decade, right?

No. I got into video games only since I received a HA catalog in the mail for video games this past May.  And already have turned 8k in 68k with games laying around and graded.. after getting the catalog,, I was like, here is market that will have a big push, jumped on ebay and bought about 80 games and have been making a killing. All those empire strikes back 2600 and intellivison, that was me. Buy for a 100. Grade and resell for 1500. I even bought graded games like again empire for 340 and in less than week, I flipped for 3k.  And and on and on.....and u claim u have 10 years in this market yet are kicking rocks on the sidelines. That is the difference between us. I got in and out of 2600 cause I think it will implode and have been buying up rare stuff. I will be out of the market by next year. 

Edited by thesofasurfer
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Eyeroll 1

1 minute ago, thesofasurfer said:

No. I got into video games only since I received a HA catalog in the mail for video games.  I was like, here is market that will have a big push, jumped on ebay and bought about 80 games and have been making a killing. All those empire strikes back 2600 and intellivison, that was me. Buy for a 100. Grade and resell for 1500. I even bought graded games like again empire for 340 and in less than week, I flipped for 3k.  And and on and on.....and u claim u have 10 years in this market yet are kicking rocks on the sidelines. That is the difference between us. I got in and out of 2600 cause I think it will implode and have been buying up rare stuff. I will be out of the market by next year. 

OMG @DefaultGen We finally know who the Retro Gem Miner's muse is!

I have never been so happy with my decision to join a thread in my fucking life.

Edited by Archon 1981
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

1 minute ago, thesofasurfer said:

No. I got into video games only since I received a HA catalog in the mail for video games.  I was like, here is market that will have a big push, jumped on ebay and bought about 80 games and have been making a killing. All those empire strikes back 2600 and intellivison, that was me. Buy for a 100. Grade and resell for 1500. I even bought graded games like again empire for 340 and in less than week, I flipped for 3k.  And and on and on.....and u claim u have 10 years in this market yet are kicking rocks on the sidelines. That is the difference between us. I got in and out of 2600 cause I think it will implode and have been buying up rare stuff. I will be out of the market by next year. 

wow i'm so impressed please keep telling me how cool you are

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, thesofasurfer said:

Unfortunately everything this person (I KNEW! it was an asian writer..) is probably correct/true.

Fortunately, nobody in this thread really cares 🙂

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, thesofasurfer said:

Hope you're properly declaring things on your taxes too.

• Like 1
  • Wow! 1