IGNORED

Anyone know if this HDMI Wii adapter is any good?

11 hours ago, tbone3969 said:

https://www.amazon.com/Converter-Adapter-hdmi1080p-Connector-Output/dp/B078MGZ56R?th=1

If not any other suggestions?  And HDMI is my only option as my new TV does not have Component inputs.

Thanks.

It’s cheap and it works. But now hd retro vision makes an hdmi cable that plugs into the Wii... costs more but it’s less clunky 

This brings me to an interesting question, why don't people just use the Wii U for Wii HDMI needs?

But yeah, all I've heard about those parts is that they're cheap, the image isn't the best, and they have a relatively high failure rate, but that's what happens when there's no actual HDMI support.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, au said:

This brings me to an interesting question, why don't people just use the Wii U for Wii HDMI needs?

But yeah, all I've heard about those parts is that they're cheap, the image isn't the best, and they have a relatively high failure rate, but that's what happens when there's no actual HDMI support.

Used Wii’s can often be found for $20 and many people already have a Wii sitting around. Wii has GameCube compatibility.

All of the a Wii U library has already been ported to Switch, and Wii U doesn’t play GameCube. So many don’t really want to pay the $100+ for a Wii U just for HDMI

Edited by phart010

1 hour ago, Tekdrudge said:

I have my Wii connected via component cables it it looks great on my HDTV.

Wish I could use component but when I hook it up on my LCD via component I get a washed out, almost grey scale image.  When I hook up a DVD player via component it displays fine.  Not sure what is wrong but I messed with the settings for a while and couldn't get it to display properly.  I even contacted Samsung and they sent me a knew adapter (this LCD needs a special adapter for component) and still not working properly.  Oh well.

1 hour ago, tbone3969 said:

Wish I could use component but when I hook it up on my LCD via component I get a washed out, almost grey scale image.  When I hook up a DVD player via component it displays fine.  Not sure what is wrong but I messed with the settings for a while and couldn't get it to display properly.  I even contacted Samsung and they sent me a knew adapter (this LCD needs a special adapter for component) and still not working properly.  Oh well.

It sounds like maybe the red channel on your component cable is malfunctioning. My kids broke the tip off the red cable of my wii component cable and it looks grayscale with just the blue and green connected.

On 10/21/2020 at 7:14 PM, Aguy said:

It sounds like maybe the red channel on your component cable is malfunctioning. My kids broke the tip off the red cable of my wii component cable and it looks grayscale with just the blue and green connected.

Yeah, component cables use three signals: one for brightness (the blue plug) and two for color (red and green plugs, because TVs can make all colors from red and green signals.) Take one color away and you're left with black and white images.