IGNORED

The random gaming box train small edition

Mae247

10 hours ago, Splain said:

I vote @acidjaguar "least likely to need someone to vouch for him." Also, I call dibs on coming after acidjaguar in the list.

I second this sentiment and I'd also like to ask if the list will be randomized or if it's the ordered entered.

Also, I assume/hope any handle games/manuals work.  This would include Wonder Swan, Atari Lynx, NGage if some ones crazy enough to throw in a Game & Watch... well you're crazy, but I think it'd be worth the room and cost to ship.  I'm sure there are others too.

Editorials Team · Posted
On 10/12/2020 at 11:47 AM, Mae247 said:

Preferably items from Gameboy, Gameboy Color, Gamegear, Gameboy Advanced, 3DS, Switch, PSP, PSvita, other small items and handheld/portable consoles/games/paper/accessories from any brand, publisher, or generation.

Here is the main list (so far) of people committed to this box. This is not to be confused ad the order of which the box will be sent out:

@RH I believe these are the answers, which I agree SHOULD be the answers: the list will be randomized and ANYTHING handheld is allowed. I'm hoping to see some fringe stuff!

• Thanks 2

Can I make a suggestion?

Let all participants speak up and mention if they'd be willing to start the box.  If so, randomly choose a participant to be the first person.  That individual loads up the box (let's try to set a minimal value for the box) and the at the end, the final box is shipped to them.

Basically, instead of picking and choosing, the one lucky participant will get a small box filled with who knows what?!

I'll be happy getting to pick in choose. I'd also be happy to end up with the end beef goods.

What do you think @Mae247 & everyone else?

13 hours ago, Richardhead said:

Oh shit. I’m in if there’s room. I’ve got some fun handheld stuff to throw in a box. As far as starting the box, I don’t have enough “filler” to load up a large flat rate box. 

Your "shit" has been put in the box and lit on fire on the neighbors porch!!!!

Your in!

• Like 1

I would like to know everyone's opinion on what types of games they look forward to seeing most in the box. Of course no one will put a $100 game in the box unless they are feeling frisky lol.

I know quite a few people have mentions a price point for this box. In the past when I have done these even shovel wear has been welcomed as some of us on here go for complete sets and may find something they just weren't willing to spend the $1 out in the wild just because.

Yes I know we all have these types of things laying around but please be cognoscente of what you already see in the box.

Just trying to gauge what I will pitch in.

Edited by Mae247

question.  will we need to declare value for shipping?  what kind of value do we put on this.  and will/should we pay for the add insurance.  (i do know i will be paying the insurance difference)  i don't want to be that guy that the box is lost on...

and i will be taking photos of contents before and after for that reason.

Whats the thought from everyone, @Mae247

Edited by JVOSS

3 hours ago, JVOSS said:

question.  will we need to declare value for shipping?  what kind of value do we put on this.  and will/should we pay for the add insurance.  (i do know i will be paying the insurance difference)  i don't want to be that guy that the box is lost on...

and i will be taking photos of contents before and after for that reason.

Whats the thought from everyone, @Mae247

I wouldn’t put anything in the box that would hurt your feelings or piss you off if usps were to be their normal royal fuck ups.

Honestly, I would put it this way, usps is known for not giving fair value for retro gaming claims and would not care to replace things at all. More so of a hassle than it’s worth.

This would be a choice each participant could make on their own.

Not speaking for everyone by the way but this is just my opinion.

I will say that I have not been able to get paid on insured mail by the USPS for problems on their end in a ratio of about 1 in the last 10 claims I've ever made with them ..... I tend to even wonder why it is offered if I can't legitimately request and get money back and end up eating costs of not only paying for the insurance but also refunding the buyer on the items lost.  

So I am not in the mindset of insuring a random box myself.  I believe they will deliver it.... if it is going somewhere where there is rain consistently or currently snowing, I will bag the contents as that's the biggest issue I've seen over the years.  Just leaving stuff out in the weather and the box gets soaked ..... 

On 10/23/2020 at 10:49 AM, Mae247 said:

I would like to know everyone's opinion on what types of games they look forward to seeing most in the box. Of course no one will put a $100 game in the box unless they are feeling frisky lol.

I'd like to see some uncommon games regardless of genre; not expensive, just things you don't normally come across. I'm really looking forward to somma dat paper (manuals, ads, inserts, posters, etc...). I have some good GB/C games, along with some popular GB/C/A manuals, a Switch game, a couple CD soundtracks, and plenty of 1st/2nd party DS IB (minus the cases of course, so hopefully you have some donors) I'm planning on stuffing in there.

20 hours ago, acidjaguar said:

I will say that I have not been able to get paid on insured mail by the USPS for problems on their end in a ratio of about 1 in the last 10 claims I've ever made with them ..... I tend to even wonder why it is offered if I can't legitimately request and get money back and end up eating costs of not only paying for the insurance but also refunding the buyer on the items lost.  

So I am not in the mindset of insuring a random box myself.  I believe they will deliver it.... if it is going somewhere where there is rain consistently or currently snowing, I will bag the contents as that's the biggest issue I've seen over the years.  Just leaving stuff out in the weather and the box gets soaked ..... 

Good point on the weather protection, thank you for bringing that up!!

59 minutes ago, drxandy said:

Good point on the weather protection, thank you for bringing that up!!

Since it's a small flat rate, it shouldn't be too hard to wrap stuff in a plastic shopping bag before sticking it in the box?  

With fall and winter weather coming I'd definitely recommend it.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...