IGNORED

VGS Weekly Contest - Zombie Nation

BeaIank

11 minutes ago, Richardhead said:

Twilight Zone is my second favorite tv show of all time😁

What's the first? @bertsampson loves Small Wonder. He finds the robot girl relatable. You don't want to see how he plugs into the electric outlet at night. It's unsettling to say the least. 

Edited by Bearcat-Doug

Events Team · Posted
10 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

Is it okay to beat the game now since we can take a picture on the high score screen @guillavoie @BeaIank? I don't want to overwork myself like last week.  

Fine, fine. I will allow that. Even though it will be a major bore to wait till the score screen show up.

I just tweaked my run just slightly, as there a few enemies I was ignoring.  On this playthru I kept them in mind.  Also this just ONE good run out of LOTS of failed ones.  Turns out theres a lot more randomness than I thought, including how many people you can save per level.  So I was noticing some times I had less survivors at the end of the level than others, making my firepower not as strong, making the ability to progress harder.  So NOW with this, to have an 'official' score i'm done.  I LOOOOVE this game and I enjoyed playing the hell out of it again.  I thought I could beat it again in one shot but I couldn't so i don't wanna spend all that time just to get a good run haha.

Next im curious to see people pull apart the games I have on my NES shelf haha.

Edited by guitarzombie

3 hours ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

That's nothing. Boredom is putting up with whiny @bertsampson for 5 years.

Boredom is seeing the same stupid wrastling vids/pics/gifs for five years and the same lame puke coming from your unoriginal pie hole.

Oh, and I could watch Small Wonder every day.  Underrated! 

• Haha 1

Events Team · Posted
7 hours ago, guitarzombie said:

To me if the game gives you an easy option, why not use it, if it doesn't affect the ending.  I would also imagine since the default is EASY, thats how the programmers intended you to play the game until you found it too easy and wanted a challenge.  I don't follow this schedule but did the schedule say it was going to be on hard?  Or has that just been the theme of any game that has that difficulty, to play on the hardest setting.

We got no scrubs here to play fucking easy games on even easier modes.
Go for max difficulty (which isn't hard at all) or nothing.
Playing against CPU is never hard.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

It feels like it shoots faster if you mash the fire button. Am I wrong on that? 

It seems to me like you can only shoot so fast, so mashing doesn't make much difference if any.

EDIT: Nope, no need to mash.

Edited by mbd39

What is it that refills your health exactly? Does it just refill at random?

EDIT: Okay, manual says that health refill is based on points. Interesting.

The manual says that you die instantly if you touch the first boss's flame or projectiles. Thank fuck that isn't true. Maybe that was the original plan, but it was too hard, so they changed it.

This game rocks, btw.

Edited by mbd39
  • Like 1

Fuck yeah it rocks!  I dunno why this game get such a bad rep?!?!  Its so bad ass, colorful and bonkers.  Pretty sure the statue of libertys flame does kill you in one hit, at least on hard.  BTW the 2nd level boss's axes will also kill you in one hit and they're very annoying because they're so random.  IMO that ones the toughest boss battle.