IGNORED

VGS Weekly Contest - Zombie Nation

BeaIank

Events Team · Posted

Ladies and gentlemen, we continue with our SPOOKY Weekly Contest.
This is our 2nd to last round of the beloved contest, and for this week, our brave players tackle ZOMBIE NATION!

The rules for this week are below:

• Play until Game Over
  • Play on Hard Mode
  • Take your picture on the Continue Screen
  • If you beat the game, wait till the score screen show up and take your picture there.
  • Participation: 5,000
  • Genre: Shooter

The contest ends Sunday, 10/18/20 at 11 PM VGS time.  Your user name MUST be written or typed on a piece of paper and be in the picture for your score to be valid.  The entire TV screen, or computer monitor if you are playing on an emulator, MUST be in the picture for the score to be valid.  No partial screenshots will be considered or accepted.  No screenshots by hitting "print screen" on a computer will be allowed.  You must take a picture of your computer monitor.  There may be instances where this will be acceptable, but it will be at the discretion of myself and the contest organizers.  Also, the use of turbo controllers is forbidden, as well as any cheat codes, Game Genies, slow motion functions, or save states if playing on an emulator.  Also, we will only be using NTSC systems for the contests.  The use of PAL systems will NOT be allowed.  Good luck everyone and have fun.

1381381283_SageZombieNation.png.6ae58296

• Like 4

Events Team · Posted
1st bertsampson 508,600
2nd Tablew/chairs 507,200
3rd Gaia Gensouki 494,900
4th guitarzombie 485,900
5th Bearcat-Doug 476,100
6th skinnygrinny 473,200
7th Richardhead 389,400
8th NESfiend 265,900
9th mbd39 198,700
10th Ausden 105,300
11th JamesRobot 68,000
12th ninjistar 58,000
13th 0xDEAFC0DE 43,200
  • Like 1

254900.  Just a quick run to get the ball rolling.  

Ive played this on hard and theres just one section I just cant seem to get past.  The only thing I think thats different on hard is the way your character moves, and the enemies are a bit more aggressive.  The part I'm talking about really prohibits your movement and you just tank damage.  So I think once I figure out that part, the rest shouldn't be that different.  

20201011_140234.jpg

Edited by guitarzombie

7 minutes ago, Richardhead said:

Ha, Not so much. This might be a top 6 score around here. I anticipate this to stand for a few hours at most. 😂

This is however, the best I can do. Had a bit of a better score a few weeks ago, but haven’t been able to best it.

I figured if no one beat my score on easy and someone just easily beat mine, it must be really good haha.  I got like 450k on easy.  For some reason I have trouble during the waterfall part.  Then I had bad luck on the buff guy boss and thats where I died.  Usually when I play I start on level 3, but I need max power in order to get thru some of those levels. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, guitarzombie said:

I figured if no one beat my score on easy and someone just easily beat mine, it must be really good haha.  I got like 450k on easy.  For some reason I have trouble during the waterfall part.  Then I had bad luck on the buff guy boss and thats where I died.  Usually when I play I start on level 3, but I need max power in order to get thru some of those levels. 

I didn’t easily beat your score that’s for sure. I’ve actually never played the game on easy, so I didn’t know about the control issues. I’ve been at it for months now. Playing often, almost everyday. Where will that get me you ask.... not 1st. 😂

I really need to re-evaluate what my priorities are.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Events Helper · Posted
32 minutes ago, Richardhead said:

I didn’t easily beat your score that’s for sure. I’ve actually never played the game on easy, so I didn’t know about the control issues. I’ve been at it for months now. Playing often, almost everyday. Where will that get me you ask.... not 1st. 😂

I really need to re-evaluate what my priorities are.

Dont worry buddy, i will prolly be holding the whole stack up again 😉 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 8bitdontquit said:

Show of hands,  how many of you are using the actual cart this week...  Anybody?? 

And.  Hey @SuperJimtendo, how's the big move going for ya?  

I am!

322800.  Im getting there.  I got to the 2nd half of the 3rd level.  Im still struggling a bit with just certain areas but I think if I get lucky and get past that part I think i'll be good.

20201011_231909.jpg