IGNORED

VGS Weekly Contest - Monster In My Pocket

BeaIank

1 minute ago, NESfiend said:

Apparently you can take the key with you when you advance screens. I took one in with me to the second boss fight just as an experiment and it worked. He still kicked my ass. Do they make boss fights easier? Guessing not, but with everyone beating the game so easily (or early in the week at least), wondering if Im missing something 

It's a pain to carry it with you. I think it does double the damage of the regular attack, but it's not really worth the trouble.

Events Helper · Posted
19 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

Apparently you can take the key with you when you advance screens. I took one in with me to the second boss fight just as an experiment and it worked. He still kicked my ass. Do they make boss fights easier? Guessing not, but with everyone beating the game so easily (or early in the week at least), wondering if Im missing something 

Boss fights are just a pattern.  Pretty easy to learn.  I suggest playing through the game first to see how far you can get and learn the patterns.  I may or may not have beat the game as well 😉 

May or may not be on one life yet 😏

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jeevan said:

Boss fights are just a pattern.  Pretty easy to learn.  I suggest playing through the game first to see how far you can get and learn the patterns.  I may or may not have beat the game as well 😉 

May or may not be on one life yet 😏

I've never played the game. In fact, I hadn't even heard of it until just now.

• Wow! 1

Graphics Team · Posted

I was looking forward to this week - Monster In My Pocket is one of my favorite NES games! The controls just feel so perfect (except for the sloppy double-jumps sometimes), and I love how straightforward it is. 

I always play as the Vampire - does anyone else have a go-to character, or do you alternate?

Also - @Richardhead, you're wrecking this game, man! Is it one of your favorites, too?

-CasualCart

2007572183_CasualCartMonsterInMyPocket2430.jpg.7b702172b5fd534a760a76783b1ccb3d.jpg

47 minutes ago, CasualCart said:

I was looking forward to this week - Monster In My Pocket is one of my favorite NES games! The controls just feel so perfect (except for the sloppy double-jumps sometimes), and I love how straightforward it is. 

I always play as the Vampire - does anyone else have a go-to character, or do you alternate?

Also - @Richardhead, you're wrecking this game, man! Is it one of your favorites, too?

-CasualCart

2007572183_CasualCartMonsterInMyPocket2430.jpg.7b702172b5fd534a760a76783b1ccb3d.jpg

I am not particularly liking this game. It is easy and short though. 

2 hours ago, docile tapeworm said:

i agree. that image is really far out of line though... and a set that old must need adjusted manually.

I presume that refers to the image being a bit too large for the screen.  It's never really bothered me too much, but maybe I'll figure out how to do something about it one of these years...

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

Hope you have 4 or 5 of these for all the winners who tie! Also, isnt this your everdrive? Are you joining the ever growing list of retiring players? 

lol ya lookals like im gonna have to do a random draw.

not my everdrive (thats a custom ng2 label).

i am not retired. just on a limited schedule 🙂

17 minutes ago, docile tapeworm said:

lol ya lookals like im gonna have to do a random draw.

not my everdrive (thats a custom ng2 label).

i am not retired. just on a limited schedule 🙂

I thought it was an Everdrive too since thats not a regular Double Dragon II label. If I tie @bertsampson he can have it so he can feel better about himself and say that he won something.

Edited by Bearcat-Doug

10 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I thought it was an Everdrive too since thats not a regular Double Dragon II label. If I tie @bertsampson he can have it so he can feel better about himself and say that he won something.

its the jp version of the label. see her skirt is a lil shorter... your not gonna just let have that are you mr hooters?

5 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

Monster in my Pocket is by far the best "Beat-em Up" we've ever played on the weekly challenges.  I will gladly take a trophy to remind me of this defeat of the almighty @Bearcat-Dougon his one strong genre.

Just now, bertsampson said:

Monster in my Pocket is by far the best "Beat-em Up" we've ever played on the weekly challenges.  I will gladly take a trophy to remind me of this defeat of the almighty @Bearcat-Dougon his one strong genre.

It sure seems like a platformer to me. I still haven't had a chance to play again since the rule change. I was kind of hoping you would just stick with your old score and spare us the trouble of playing again since I can still win the genre with a tie.

7 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

It sure seems like a platformer to me. I still haven't had a chance to play again since the rule change. I was kind of hoping you would just stick with your old score and spare us the trouble of playing again since I can still win the genre with a tie.

I agree.  But, you can't shoot, and you can pick things up and throw them.  There aren't any Halloween themed games closer to the beat-em up genre.

Did you really think I was going to let you take the win so easily?