IGNORED

General Game Night Discussion Thread

Jeevan

13 hours ago, Jeevan said:

@AverageOliver98 Glad you came, not sure what happened, I think you couldn't play at some point maybe?  But also we played drawful!!!!  The one game you mentioned I believe.  Glad you could show up and hopefully you can be in again.  Whatever issue you ran into lets see if we can make it a third time next game night? 

The problem I had was that I couldn't watch the Twitch stream because it would just keep buffering. I don't know if you have to have a Twitch account in order to have different stream quality options, but my only options were '720p' (which my Internet will never handle) or 'Auto'(which wasn't any better then 720). I was still able to join in on 'Guesspionage' and 'Drawful' (the first two rounds done) but without the stream, its nearly impossible to play(Drawful more so then Guesspionage). 

Aside from that, I did enjoy what little I played and heard. And the next time Smash Bros or Mario Kart comes up, I'd love to join in.

Out of curiosity, how would everyone feel about "*insert game title* Race" being an option? You know, picking a game of 1-3 hours in length, everyone trying to beat the game before anyone else/get the best time. Possible games being something like Mario 1/2/3(warpless), Mega Man 1-6, Kirby's Adventure, Sonic 1/2/3, Super Metroid(maybe Randomizer).

Edited by AverageOliver98

6 minutes ago, AverageOliver98 said:

The problem I had was that I couldn't watch the Twitch stream because it would just keep buffering. I don't know if you have to have a Twitch account in order to have different stream quality options, but my only options were '720p' (which my Internet will never handle) or 'Auto'(which wasn't any better then 720). I was still able to join in on 'Guesspionage' and 'Drawful' (the first two rounds done) but without the stream, its nearly impossible to play(Drawful more so then Guesspionage). 

Aside from that, I did enjoy what little I played and heard. And the next time Smash Bros or Mario Kart comes up, I'd love to join in.

There should be an option to have a Twitch stream open with Audio only and it doesn't require as much to run it that way. I know that doesn't help when you need to read stuff, but in case you find a Twitch that you want to listen in to, the option is available.

• Thanks 1

Fancy pants nothing, lol, I've got my desktop hooked up to the living room TV for convenience and not having another proper monitor to run it on.  If I get outvoted for who gets the TV, depending on how new the game is, I'm potentially sidelined since my laptop can only do so much.  Still, worse problems to have.  I continue to be surprised that as slick as Gather looked that it doesn't scale properly when Windows blows up icons & fonts for visibility on bigger screens.  Ah well, I could see the lower 3/4 of the room, at least, lol.  Had a lot of fun, will most likely be back next game night so long as it's something I've got or am able to easily play.  I'd have hung around longer, but I knew there were a few people trying to get in and a couple of other folks were pestering me to play games with them, so I stepped aside to let some other folks more easily get into the lobby.  After I hopped off, it sounded like it was either a really fun night or everybody was too buzzed to know the difference, lol.

• Haha 2

Events Helper · Posted
10 hours ago, darkchylde28 said:

Fancy pants nothing, lol, I've got my desktop hooked up to the living room TV for convenience and not having another proper monitor to run it on.  If I get outvoted for who gets the TV, depending on how new the game is, I'm potentially sidelined since my laptop can only do so much.  Still, worse problems to have.  I continue to be surprised that as slick as Gather looked that it doesn't scale properly when Windows blows up icons & fonts for visibility on bigger screens.  Ah well, I could see the lower 3/4 of the room, at least, lol.  Had a lot of fun, will most likely be back next game night so long as it's something I've got or am able to easily play.  I'd have hung around longer, but I knew there were a few people trying to get in and a couple of other folks were pestering me to play games with them, so I stepped aside to let some other folks more easily get into the lobby.  After I hopped off, it sounded like it was either a really fun night or everybody was too buzzed to know the difference, lol.

I think a few of us were pretty well fueled at that point!!!!

• Haha 1

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/killer-queen-black-nintendo-switch/6354255.p?skuId=6354255

I have heard this is an 8? person game, on sale right now at best buy in the states for 7.99$ physical for switch (also on steam, and has crossplay)

Tossing it out maybe to consider, gonna pick it up for that price regardless.

I don't know much about it other than there's an arcade version that looks really interesting as well http://tinymantis.com/kq_new/howtoplay

Edit: sale ended, thought it would last longer than a day dangit

Edited by drxandy
  • Like 1

I still can't believe you guys haven't tried Killer Queen Black on Switch!

EDIT: Oh crap, right above me!  @drxandyI had mentioned Killer Queen back in the fall, but it seemed not to get any traction.  VERY FUN arcade party game on the Switch!  And yes, it started as an arcade game back in..2018?...2019?  That version is 10 players and there are only a couple cabs throughout the US to play it.  If you ever get a chance to play the arcade version with 10 people...you'll have a blast!

Edited by Sumer
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Sumer said:

EDIT: Oh crap, right above me!  @drxandyI had mentioned Killer Queen back in the fall, but it seemed not to get any traction.  VERY FUN arcade party game on the Switch!  And yes, it started as an arcade game back in..2018?...2019?  That version is 10 players and there are only a couple cabs throughout the US to play it.  If you ever get a chance to play the arcade version with 10 people...you'll have a blast!

I have eyeballed it everytime it goes on sale at best buy but finally ordered. The arcade version really interests me, only downside the closest cab to me is more than an hour and a half away at a brewery, woo woo. Maybe one day. 

I feel like this is one of those games that you try to explain it and it just seems complicated when it really isn't.

Events Helper · Posted
1 hour ago, Sumer said:

Fun Fact:  I originally thought about putting it on one of the original polls for game night when i was doing switch multiplayer game research.  If it is on sale, might be a good time to put er on there.  *checks bank account*  looks like imma order it 😉  

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, drxandy said:

I have eyeballed it everytime it goes on sale at best buy but finally ordered. The arcade version really interests me, only downside the closest cab to me is more than an hour and a half away at a brewery, woo woo. Maybe one day. 

I feel like this is one of those games that you try to explain it and it just seems complicated when it really isn't.

We have a cab here in the Cincinnati area at Arcade Legacy: Bar Edition.  I haven't been in awhile, even before COVID, but it is a pretty big Killer Queen scene, along with pinball, at the place.

• Like 2

Events Helper · Posted
2 minutes ago, Sumer said:

We have a cab here in the Cincinnati area at Arcade Legacy: Bar Edition.  I haven't been in awhile, even before COVID, but it is a pretty big Killer Queen scene, along with pinball, at the place.

isn't that the place that @krankcolc owns?  After this covid stuff is over imma head over and collect all the stuff i bought off him 😆  I have only paid for it almost a year and some change ago........Thank god he is a very trustworthy person!!!!!

Events Helper · Posted
1 minute ago, Sumer said:

^Is it?  There are three Arcade Legacy arcades here (I think the Kentucky one is supposed to open in a new venue soon).  I don't know the owner personally, but have had dealings with people who have.  Pretty cool if the Arcade Legacy owner is here on VGS!  😄

99% sure it is, he owns something I helped fund the remainder of one of his pinball machines 😆

Events Helper · Posted
4 minutes ago, Sumer said:

^Is it?  There are three Arcade Legacy arcades here (I think the Kentucky one is supposed to open in a new venue soon).  I don't know the owner personally, but have had dealings with people who have.  Pretty cool if the Arcade Legacy owner is here on VGS!  😄

Just checked my paypal contacts and sure enough arcade legacy is on there 😉  So it sure is him!!!!  You should say hi to him next time!!!!

Events Helper · Posted
23 minutes ago, Sumer said:

Wow, awesome!  I hope he gets the new Northern KY location open soon!  My family and I loved going to the old place!

if and when all this friggin covid shit goes away, we should arrange a nice little meetup there with @Bearcat-Doug @nettenette and maybe @FireHazard51 🤣.  would be a good time!!!!

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Game Night for 2/6/2021 Mario Kart 8 Deluxe 6pm EST start time as normal