IGNORED

Super Mario 35: Mario Royale

fox

It's pretty fun but the battles last forever with the last few people. Fire power is super op if you can hold onto it... If you lose it you get boned by plants at the edge of jumps. I don't understand how it picks which level you play next? Seems random. Knowing the game really helps (coin boxes, 1ups, power ups, etc.). It's fun but feel like the matches need to be more merciless near the end.. I've only played about 5 matches and the last few people stick around for like 10 minutes.. I think one guy in 2nd might have just quit one game because we we both spamming firepower and getting nowhere. 

Edited by Andy_Bogomil

Pretty chaotic and fun. Yeah seems holding onto FF is pretty clutch.  Cashing in your coins and getting a star helps a lot too.

Why isn’t there an option to attack the person with the most time, since they are the biggest threat?  Is there an advantage for KOing players?

429B7367-79C0-45FB-8DAC-6571CB6A357E.jpeg

263ED0C2-AE68-47F9-884B-3C0C1C2F903F.jpeg

Edited by fox
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, MegaMan52 said:

smb35firstplace.thumb.jpg.ea9dc00021b1ba186eb2c15cb9d5275c.jpg

smb35first.thumb.jpg.5d9319f1f4a35408de4b5bf7e8535822.jpg

smb35rankingfirst.thumb.jpg.3690631c9d2206058b864b2f5ed68b57.jpg

That's what happens when you battle someone who has been playing Super Mario Bros. for over 30 years.

Yeah that's what the majority of my games looked like. Hanging around 800-1000 coins most games.

Not sure of some of the rules like KOing someone, how your timer speeds up, which are the best levels,... the fire flower spam seems to be a working strat so far. 

^Yeah that's how most games go... top 3 or 4 takes longer than the other 30. You can combo enemies with turtle shells or by jumping without touching the ground to get extra time. Crazy how many people don't know about the 1-Up in 1-1 or 1-2. Knowing where the few hidden items are definitely helps, especially if you take a bad hit. Also killing the piranha plants can give you a couple quick KOs.  

I tried this today and... it's no Tetris 99. I think two matches is more than enough for me. Between this, the pin debacle, and SM3D All-Stars, it really feels like Nintendo is phoning in this 35th anniversary. Which kind of makes sense considering 35 years is not generally considered any sort of milestone. 🤷‍♂️

50 minutes ago, Makar said:

Finally got me a win after about 20 tries. Definitely much more difficult than Tetris 99. Great game that I could see being expanded upon in many ways, and  they could also expand it to super Mario Bros 2 and 3. 

IMG_20201004_144956312.jpg

Really?  I find this much easier than Tetris 99!  But, I am not a good Tetris player...that’s my wife’s wheelhouse.  😁

8 hours ago, Sumer said:

Really?  I find this much easier than Tetris 99!  But, I am not a good Tetris player...that’s my wife’s wheelhouse.  😁

Lol yea. I win just under 20% of my Tetris 99 matches (over 500 matches played). Right now I'm winning like 5% of my Mario 35 matches. Maybe I just haven't fully figured out the tricks for Mario 35 though. Like when you KO someone in Mario 35, do you get their coins? Does more KOs mean you send more garbage enemies to your opponents? Lots of stuff is not explained.