IGNORED

CasualCart's 2020 Ink-tober Thread

T-Pac

2 hours ago, CasualCart said:

Makes sense - grumpy old guys and robots are my two favorite things to draw. 

-CasualCart

Sick - it's so cool that they actually took a look and encourage stuff like this. If it were Nintendo, I probably would've gotten the world's nicest 'cease & desist' letter haha.

-CasualCart

I'm an animator, but for TV shows. Who knows - maybe someday I'll work for a video game company. Wayforward contacted me about a potential position a few months ago, but I wasn't available to apply. Also, I'm pretty sure one of my current co-workers was an animator on Cuphead.

-CasualCart

Yea it's really cool. They truly care about their fans. They've been very responsive to me over the past couple of years. I hope they come out with a shovel knight 2 some day. Maybe hit you up to design one of the knights.

• Like 2

Events Helper · Posted
1 hour ago, Makar said:

Yea it's really cool. They truly care about their fans. They've been very responsive to me over the past couple of years. I hope they come out with a shovel knight 2 some day. Maybe hit you up to design one of the knights.

Maybe you should suggest it to the team!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jeevan said:

Lol funny you say that. I actually did ask that to them 5 years ago. I asked if they were making a shovel knight 2 and then the 2md question was what other games are you making. Here was their response.

Screenshot_20201010-220003~2.png

Edited by Makar
  • Like 3

Living in Taiwan is awesome, especially for game hunters like myself and my good pal@fcgamer! Loads of dusty old stores full of relics, cheap prices and awesome deals!

However... As Dave and I often find, it's not always smooth sailing as we journey up and down the island in search of gaming goodness! On this Inktober 11th, allow me to regale you with the tale of ANGRY GRANDPA!!! (Based on TRUE events!)

1386442732_inktober11th.thumb.png.c195afa49b0bbdfd7cc910665c087225.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Administrator · Posted
10 minutes ago, CasualCart said:

11 - Dino Riki [Adventures of Dino Riki]

@Gloves - ummm... the 'creative juices' weren't exactly flowing today haha. You should do a few of these - didn't you say somewhere that you've been drawing a lot recently?

-CasualCart

1190181889_011DinoRikiSprite.jpg.99b1aefa49016b8cbdee9f8f723b44fa.jpg

45210035_011DinoRiki.jpg.2dd8063706de08187aa953d59de55b94.jpg

1357823760_011DinoRikiColor.jpg.af1ca40be8d0627bc821c79f2b1b8d80.jpg

Yeah but I've been mostly learning figures. Basic human posture and proportions. 

I've actually been keeping a little blog with my progress here: https://drawing-gloves.webflow.io/

• Like 1

Graphics Team · Posted
16 minutes ago, Gloves said:

Yeah but I've been mostly learning figures. Basic human posture and proportions. 

I've actually been keeping a little blog with my progress here: https://drawing-gloves.webflow.io/

Sick - those are awesome! I especially like the Wonder-Woman poses. I think figure drawing is definitely the most challenging, but most rewarding skill to develop. I need to do more of that myself - just making cartoons all the time probably leads to bad drawing-habits haha.

-CasualCart

• Like 1

Graphics Team · Posted
23 hours ago, Makar said:

Design my own knight? I'm way ahead of you haha - behold the fearsome Cardboard Knight!!!
(Also - that's so cool that you've built a rapport with them over the years. Yacht Club seems to really like you @Makar)

-CasualCart

922527237_CardboardKnightDesign.jpg.73b7f4f8e93af5a5635288e4a1c04b6f.jpg

• Like 10

21 hours ago, OptOut said:

Shovel knight 64?! Hell yeah, print it on an actual cart that would be amazing!

Yea it really would! Watch them announce shovel knight 64 next year.

1 hour ago, CasualCart said:

Design my own knight? I'm way ahead of you haha - behold the fearsome Cardboard Knight!!!
(Also - that's so cool that you've built a rapport with them over the years. Yacht Club seems to really like you @Makar)

-CasualCart

Holy crap. Not gonna lie, this is really cool and creative. Kinda reminds me of the labbo stuff. I love the 8bit sprite too lol! Time to send this off to yacht club games as well! And yea, I email them every now and then with questions or thanking them for new updates, or stuff like asking if they'll sign my game (only did that once), and now stuff like sending them your awesome art. I'm honestly surprised they're so responsive and timely too. 

• Like 3

Events Helper · Posted
5 hours ago, CasualCart said:

-CasualCart

Castle crashers vibe!

• Like 2

On 10/10/2020 at 10:55 PM, CasualCart said:

I've always been interested in trying out The Krion Conquest, but I hear it can be a frustrating game.

It is incredibly frustrating! I got a Japanese cart just to be able to make some headway into it, since the limited number of credits on the US version makes it really difficult to practice later sections.

Amazing artwork as always ❤️ 

• Like 2

Events Team · Posted
2 minutes ago, OptOut said:

Just a quick and simple one for Inktober 12th.

Basically, @ZeldaFreak has just fallen from his ladder whilst attempting to clear poison ivy from a fence on his property, and is now about to be stung by murder hornets. Tale as old as time! ☺️

332626931_inktober12th.thumb.png.ce0dedaba1afe5ee88be212f82c4161d.png

• Haha 1

On 10/10/2020 at 7:04 PM, Jeevan said:
On 10/10/2020 at 5:30 PM, Makar said:

... Maybe hit you up to design one of the knights.

On 10/10/2020 at 9:12 PM, Makar said:

funny you say that. I actually did ask that to them 5 years ago

I think he meant you should suggest they hire CasualCart as an artist. If you’re in with them enough for that. Obviously he has character design skill. Would @CasualCart be interested? (I’d bet money on yes) Would they be seeking someone for that? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Link said:

I think he meant you should suggest they hire CasualCart as an artist. If you’re in with them enough for that. Obviously he has character design skill. Would @CasualCart be interested? (I’d bet money on yes) Would they be seeking someone for that? 

Yeah, and also me! 😄

• Haha 4

Events Helper · Posted
1 hour ago, Link said:

I actually meant just design a knight, but if they would hire him then that's just a bonus 😉

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Link said:

Ah I see. Well I did email them with his cardboard knight creation. I will let you guys know what their response is! I don't work for or with yacht club, however, if @CasualCart is interested in working for/with them, I will reach out to them. If you want to PM me about that feel free!

• Like 3