IGNORED

VGS Weekly Contest - Pinbot

BeaIank

2 hours ago, Jeevan said:

This is not asking for a hint btw, just noticed that everyone seems to know a trick

There isnt one trick that everyone is using. Ive tried different strategies and more than one will lead to a million plus score. Learn where the multipliers are and avoid those side holes that you talked about on page 1. Even if you don't employ any strategy, you could stay alive long enough to get to a mil. Trust me, I'm not good at this AT ALL. You will clear a million easily 

• Haha 1

Events Helper · Posted
42 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

There isnt one trick that everyone is using. Ive tried different strategies and more than one will lead to a million plus score. Learn where the multipliers are and avoid those side holes that you talked about on page 1. Even if you don't employ any strategy, you could stay alive long enough to get to a mil. Trust me, I'm not good at this AT ALL. You will clear a million easily 

nothing like a side hole to getcha.....

Also, is there a strat for table bumping......just asking, didn't know.....i smashed it in frustration 50 times and didn't get a tilt.

2 hours ago, Jeevan said:

nothing like a side hole to getcha.....

Also, is there a strat for table bumping......just asking, didn't know.....i smashed it in frustration 50 times and didn't get a tilt.

I only use tilting if I'm trying to the ball back down to the vortex (original spot you shoot from). It doesn't tilt much, but if the ball is close to a drop where it may go left or right, you can edge it right by tapping the pause button. 

Nicies told me you could alternate start and select to get the ball out of the ghosts mouth on the blue and green screen. This doesn't work for me because start/select brings up the flash cart menu. Im going to try just mashing start tonight but I think I tried that last night without success. 

That ghost is a big problem. Every time I have a good first ball, I get stuck on that blue and green screen and crap out when the ghost eats my 2nd and 3rd balls. I got over 4 mil on ball 1 last night, but still finished under 6 mil because of that crap. Thats when I rage quit.

Edit: I do remember getting a tilt now at some point. You don't want it. Everything freezes but the ball and you lose it.  

Edited by NESfiend

Events Helper · Posted
7 minutes ago, NESfiend said:

I only use tilting if I'm trying to the ball back down to the vortex (original spot you shoot from). It doesn't tilt much, but if the ball is close to a drop where it may go left or right, you can edge it right by tapping the pause button. 

Nicies told me you could alternate start and select to get the ball out of the ghosts mouth on the blue and green screen. This doesn't work for me because start/select brings up the flash cart menu. Im going to try just mashing start tonight but I think I tried that last night without success. 

That ghost is a big problem. Every time I have a good first ball, I get stuck on that blue and green screen and crap out when the ghost eats my 2nd and 3rd balls. I got over 4 mil on ball 1 last night, but still finished under 6 mil because of that crap. Thats when I rage quit.

Edit: I do remember getting a tilt now at some point. You don't want it. Everything freezes but the ball and you lose it.  

there's a ghost?  

🤣

ya frustration made me bump the start button, I know I don't want a tilt 😉

9 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

I don't recall you saying that you did. I made sure to set the bar low so you could beat mine and feel good about yourself.

spacer.png

I have the Arcade genre locked up, and I don't have the time right now to tie with @Red.  Beating you is meaningless at this point.  Are you even in the top 8 anymore?

1 minute ago, bertsampson said:

I have the Arcade genre locked up, and I don't have the time right now to tie with @Red.  Beating you is meaningless at this point.  Are you even in the top 8 anymore?

If you want to sit out next week and give me the beat em up title, I'd appreciate it since Monster in my Pocket seems more like a platformer and I don't really feel like putting in a half hour to beat it. 

On 9/29/2020 at 10:08 AM, Bearcat-Doug said:

bertsampson

My game time this week has been the same everyday. Play one game of pinbot and get eaten by ghost. Get pissed. Quit. Play Mario golf 64. My cart got erased after years, so its been fun playing through it again. Probably drop a couple spots, but me scoring on this game is just not in the cards