IGNORED

Resealed silent hill2??

I feel bad for you. Unfortunately it is a reseal, these types of seals were done by the stores, and they inserted their own store security label inside. I've had the same thing happen to me on a couple of PS2 games, the one that stands out to me is Contra: Shattered Soldier, which I bought from Amazon so wasn't able to inspect it. I had to replace it with an authentic copy, which fortunately wasn't too difficult to find.

Best advice I can give is to always ask for photos when purchasing, and don't be afraid to ask questions. For this particular game, you can very easily tell if is authentic by the Sony security label which came with all of early-mid launch PS2 games. At some point late in the console cycle, Sony decided not to include the security seal with their games, but if you were around at that time, you should know exactly which games had them and which didn't.

Again, sorry to hear about this. I know very well the feeling of getting burnt in this hobby...

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Amermoe said:

I feel bad for you. Unfortunately it is a reseal, these types of seals were done by the stores, and they inserted their own store security label inside. I've had the same thing happen to me on a couple of PS2 games, the one that stands out to me is Contra: Shattered Soldier, which I bought from Amazon so wasn't able to inspect it. I had to replace it with an authentic copy, which fortunately wasn't too difficult to find.

Best advice I can give is to always ask for photos when purchasing, and don't be afraid to ask questions. For this particular game, you can very easily tell if is authentic by the Sony security label which came with all of early-mid launch PS2 games. At some point late in the console cycle, Sony decided not to include the security seal with their games, but if you were around at that time, you should know exactly which games had them and which didn't.

Again, sorry to hear about this. I know very well the feeling of getting burnt in this hobby...

Same situation for me I bought this on amazon for $300 thinking that would be a decent price even for the greatest hits version at this point. I never anticipated them sending me a reseal. Thankfully Amazon has good buyer protection so I will just mail it back and get a full refund.

• Like 1