IGNORED

Does WATA care about the sleeve when grading CIB games?

GetTheGreg

1 hour ago, austin532 said:

I do have a guide but I moved it to the NES Collectors Club. I seriously doubt Wata knows anything about sleeve variants besides the obvious Nintendo brand and plain black ones.

@Maertens29 Which games did you plan on sending in?

Is there any kind of uniformity I can take note of?  Like are all matte/gloss stickers consistent vs later release black boxes?  Or the years in which the red Nintendo sleeve was used?

6 hours ago, Maertens29 said:

I want to send off CIB games for grading but I honestly don't know how to determine which sleeves were originally used for each game, outside of using eBay as I sort of guide.

Does WATA mark it as IMP if you have say a red Nintendo sleeve when it should be a black one!?

This is why Frankensteining is bad.

Better way to figure out the right sleeves is to ask other collectors. 

4 hours ago, austin532 said:

I seriously doubt Wata knows anything about sleeve variants besides the obvious Nintendo brand and plain black ones.

Why do you assume Wata are clueless about this stuff? They look at a lot of games, especially NES. It's not that hard to note these things after a while and be able to detect incorrect sleeves. 

17 minutes ago, DefaultGen said:

They do dock you for wrong sleeves. Not sure how far down the rabbit hole they go with them. I bet they don't check your styrofoam variant. You could totally pull one over on them by grading incorrect styrofoam. That'll show 'em!

IDhiR9h.png

Wait, did they seriously dock that Mega Man 6 for having a Nintendo sleeve? It was published by Nintendo. It comes with a Nintendo sleeve. Now if it was because it wasn't the foil sleeve that's different.

5 hours ago, austin532 said:

Wait, did they seriously dock that Mega Man 6 for having a Nintendo sleeve? It was published by Nintendo. It comes with a Nintendo sleeve. Now if it was because it wasn't the foil sleeve that's different.

Yeah my thoughts too, Mega Man 6 was a Nintendo branded sleeve.  That holder doesn't read right.

1 hour ago, Maertens29 said:

Haha, Christ. @austin532ill fire you a PM once I'm actually going through my CIBs that I'm going to send and maybe you could do a quick confirm for me if you have the time.  Last thing I need is dumb IMP text on the back of a CIB for the damn sleeve haha.

First party = Nintendo, 3rd party = black.  They don't discriminate on textured vs. flat black as far as I'm aware.  Mega Man 6 is one that may have confused people because they associate Mega Man with Capcom but it was published by Nintendo.  I don't think there's any other confusing games offhand.

15 hours ago, jonebone said:

First party = Nintendo, 3rd party = black.  They don't discriminate on textured vs. flat black as far as I'm aware.  Mega Man 6 is one that may have confused people because they associate Mega Man with Capcom but it was published by Nintendo.  I don't think there's any other confusing games offhand.

This is exactly what my game plan is so hopefully they don't discriminate the variations between those 2 sleeve types