IGNORED

My Nintendo USA Physical Rewards

MiamiSlice

1 hour ago, ZeldaFreak said:

Of course they had to introduce one more reward before the inevitable batch of Zelda 35th anniversary rewards just to give my points balance one more huge blow, haha.

Exactly! My tank is nearly empty. Might need to make another account and grind FE Heroes again. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MiamiSlice said:

Thanks, just updated the list. 

Hey @DoctorEncore did you see the Nintendo Store has new apparel in faux Wii U boxes? 

I have not seen them. Such a weird choice. I can't imagine there is nostalgia for the Wii U like there is for older consoles. I'm gonna pass...

Also, I can't believe how many rewards they are adding. It's kind of losing the novelty. Maybe Nintendo was on to something when they were just drip feeding us stuff. I kind of just stopped looking and am no longer actively gathering coins.

10 minutes ago, DoctorEncore said:

I have not seen them. Such a weird choice. I can't imagine there is nostalgia for the Wii U like there is for older consoles. I'm gonna pass...

Also, I can't believe how many rewards they are adding. It's kind of losing the novelty. Maybe Nintendo was on to something when they were just drip feeding us stuff. I kind of just stopped looking and am no longer actively gathering coins.

The shirt boxes are because that’s where those games debuted. If you buy all the shirts you will have a set of faux boxes that have each of the Mario games and the year of release along the side. It just so happens Wii U had two mainline Mario platformers! There’s also one box for the only Mario platformer on Switch, Odyssey.

As for the abundance of rewards, Club Nintendo had a lot of rewards too. The difference is those were on average higher quality than these. Some of these have the level of quality I would expect from those cheap party favors they sell at Party City. 😕 If I wasn’t determined to get them all I would have passed on some already.

Edited by MiamiSlice
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, MiamiSlice said:

The shirt boxes are because that’s where those games debuted. If you buy all the shirts you will have a set of faux boxes that have each of the Mario games and the year of release along the side. It just so happens Wii U had two mainline Mario platformers! There’s also one box for the only Mario platformer on Switch, Odyssey.

As for the abundance of rewards, Club Nintendo had a lot of rewards too. The difference is those were on average higher quality than these. Some of these have the level of quality I would expect from those cheap party favors they sell at Party City. 😕 If I wasn’t determined to get them all I would have passed on some already.

Ahh, okay. That makes a lot more sense.

Interestingly, they also seem to have reset the redeemable limit. I'm able to re-purchase items I already have.

Edited by DoctorEncore

• 2 weeks later...

Added the Bravely Default II poster from yesterday. Also noticed a decent number of rewards were still in stock yesterday. Great to see. 

Also remember there's a promotion going on right now where if you stomp on at least 1 goomba in Super Mario 35 then you will get 350 platinum points, but you have to do it by March 2nd I think. 

• Like 1

Homebrew Team · Posted

@Code Monkeyis the rewards program from Nintendo.  It is called "my nintendo".  If you have a Switch or 3DS, you can get points on physical purchases , digital purchases, certain game mission, or events.  You can redeem those points for digital items or physical items, called "rewards".

3 minutes ago, Deadeye said:

@Code Monkeyis the rewards program from Nintendo.  It is called "my nintendo".  If you have a Switch or 3DS, you can get points on physical purchases , digital purchases, certain game mission, or events.  You can redeem those points for digital items or physical items, called "rewards".

I have never heard of this and I have 50 or more Switch games. How do I do that?

Homebrew Team · Posted

You need to make an account on Nintendo.com, link your switch account to it, and then you can start earning points. 

Digital game purchases automatically earn points.  For physical games, have the game in your Switch, with the title selected, press -, select "My Nintendo Rewards Program", and then select "Earn Gold Points".  That's it.

This is the part you are not going to like, you can only earn points for I believe a year after a game is released.

Gold points are credits towards digital purchases and silver you can use towards rewards on my.nintendo.com

Homebrew Team · Posted
12 minutes ago, AlternatorDelux said:

That's not true, you can get points for games that are older than a year, but once you have them the points expire a year after that.

Must be claimed within first year of release is still up on Nintendo's website.  Unless they have changed that policy and it is not consistent with their website pages.

Screenshot_20210227-121602__01.thumb.jpg.94d6e335de09eee29adae76be70dafc1.jpg

On 2/27/2021 at 3:56 PM, AlternatorDelux said:

Maybe that only happens with physical games.  I definately always get the gold points when I buy digital games older than that.  Either that or they don't actually follow their policy.

I can confirm that it is with physical games.  Just tried claiming some gold points on a physical copy of Luigi's Mansion 3, which i just got in the last month or so.  When I go to claim the points on the Switch (as pointed out by @Deadeye), it says that "gold coins/points redemption has expired/no longer available," or something to that effect.  Got the clarification from Nintendo's website that physical copies of the game need their gold points to be redeemed within one year of its physical release.

I just also got Clubhouse Games 51 and, luckily, was still within the time period to get its gold points for the physical version.  😄

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/27/2021 at 4:18 PM, Deadeye said:

On the physical side, in the past, I have had a gold point claim not accepted due to age.

4 hours ago, Sumer said:

I can confirm that it is with physical games.  Just tried claiming some gold points on a physical copy of Luigi's Mansion 3, which i just got in the last month or so.  When I go to claim the points on the Switch (as pointed out by @Deadeye), it says that "gold coins/points redemption has expired/no longer available," or something to that effect.  Got the clarification from Nintendo's website that physical copies of the game need their gold points to be redeemed within one year of its physical release.

I just also got Clubhouse Games 51 and, luckily, was still within the time period to get its gold points for the physical version.  😄

I have also had this happen with physical purchases.