IGNORED

Disc resurfacing $1.00 per disc

Pats1717

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 8/13/2020 at 7:41 PM, Hammerfestus said:

Question: how do people generally ship discs to you?  Packingwise I mean. 

usually in paper sleeves or in a dvd wallet. Sorry I missed this message people have been mailing me discs so I figured the topic was up to date. I have one day turn around time usually. 

Just sent 10 discs to the man and he got 9 of them working. I would 100% recommend this service, don't even think twice. The only disc that didn't work was one on Dreamcast but he said up front that Dreamcast titles have a low success rate. That being said, he managed to get my Quake III on Dreamcast working, so I'd say it's worth the $1 risk. Aside from Dreamcast, I sent him Xbox, Xbox 360, Gamecube, and PS2 games. The Xbox 360 game I sent had that awful ring around it (from someone moving the console when it's powered on) and it isn't even there anymore. 

HIGHLY recommend this ridiculously inexpensive service. I'm most happy that my copy of Time Splitters: Future Perfect on Gamecube ended up working because that one would not have been cheap to replace.

• 2 weeks later...

First time using his service. Gave him 30+ discs including gamecube, ps1, ps2, wii, and some dvds. Every single one looks amazing and I tested each game and DVD myself after getting them. All work without trouble. Will do business with any time and highly recommend, the best and most painless disc repair I have ever done.

• 4 weeks later...

I am interested in your services. Never had a disc buffed/resurfaced but so far in my research there seems to be a lot of conflicting information to the process. The only recommendations are either using the jfj easy pro ( a lot of mixed results) or to use the eco products that you have.

So far I have at least 25x ps1 discs that I am looking at getting buffed/resurfaced. I need to look through my ps2 games as well.

Can you provide a little bit more information about your process? What are your success / failure rates look like over the past year? Can I send you a photo with some of the discs conditions for your opinion before shipping for services?

Thanks for your time,

J

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/6/2020 at 3:33 PM, Jai_talon said:

I am interested in your services. Never had a disc buffed/resurfaced but so far in my research there seems to be a lot of conflicting information to the process. The only recommendations are either using the jfj easy pro ( a lot of mixed results) or to use the eco products that you have.

So far I have at least 25x ps1 discs that I am looking at getting buffed/resurfaced. I need to look through my ps2 games as well.

Can you provide a little bit more information about your process? What are your success / failure rates look like over the past year? Can I send you a photo with some of the discs conditions for your opinion before shipping for services?

Thanks for your time,

J

Sorry I missed this message. I had a JFJ find those machines to be junk. Disc resurfacing is a finicky process my success in getting to play is usually very good, with some exceptions. 

Gamecube discs that Game Stop has resurfaced have a very low chance of being fixed. Other no resurfaced discs have a good chance. Wii discs that are gold backed are pointless to try, get ruined very time. 

PS1 and 2 discs come out pretty good, but results can vary usually they come out very minty but sometimes it leaves swirl marks. Can not guarantee it will not happen, but should be least likely to happen. I watch the discs and adjust the water conditioner or change the pads early if necessary. 

I have resurfaced thousands of discs, almost every game I sell on ebay is resurfaced and I have 27,000+ feedback with almost no negative or neutral feedback. 

Some people here send me all sorts of discs all the time so my service must be working. Success rates are over 99% for sure. You are welcome to send pictures for me to look at. 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

High worthy bump as he has managed to successfully resurfaced some PAL games for the first time!

I've sent him a PAL copy of Wii Fit and Super Mario Sunshine which refused to work properly previously, after they came back, I was amazed by how the discs looked and playing the games now work without any problems.

Highly recommend using his service and will be using it again for next time!

I have a lot of ps1 stuff that works ok but has aesthetic issues or, poor prior buffs, how would you say you fair on those? I have a lot of disc on various systems i'd need to work up list for so, would be interested in trying you out for sure. Basically will the disc look nice or is this more about function?

Edited by goldenpp72