IGNORED

Homebrew Leader Board 2020 - Final Season

Deadeye

Homebrew Team · Posted

Final Season Leader Board has been updated@bertsampson took the top spot, claiming the bonus and as well claiming the immunity prize for Round 2 with his Bobl submission.   Congratulations Bert!  The scores were all wild.  Didn't think we would see +200K,  great playing everyone.

Unfortunately there has to be a player eliminated 😞@driveshaft you played great the entire competition and made it the finals, sorry to see you cut short.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, bertsampson said:

It was bound to happen eventually.  Nice job to you as well.  Not sure if scoring too much higher is possible.

Unless there's something I'm missing, I don't think so either.  Since our scores are so close, I'm guessing we had the same strategy, I just missed a few more shots. Any chance you kept track of what you missed and can estimate the maximum possible score?

2 hours ago, Red said:

Unless there's something I'm missing, I don't think so either.  Since our scores are so close, I'm guessing we had the same strategy, I just missed a few more shots. Any chance you kept track of what you missed and can estimate the maximum possible score?

I couldn't tell you exactly what I missed on that run, but I'm pretty sure I only missed a few missiles that were shooting off screen as I was getting to them.

Homebrew Team · Posted

Starting at 12:00 AM EST / VGS Time  (DO NOT START PLAYING UNTIL THEN!)

Round 3 (October 31 - November 13) -  Remaining 4 players compete in:

Beat Gruniozerca 2, and collect all the carrots (Optional, but offers immunity)

6.png.aee2d04801602d5b22f6dc86f8056394.png

The sequel to Gruniozerca, a puzzle series that keeps reinventing itself with each entry.     In this installment, "Help Grunio the guinea pig rescue his owner, Archon, from their labyrinthine cellar", as stated from the NESdev 2017 compo listing.  Place blocks to pick up tools and keys to unlock the doors to each puzzle, but make sure to take the effort and time to collect all the carrots along the way.

This game was made by Łukasz Kur & @M-Tee and submitted to the 2017 NESdev compo claiming 1st place.

First player to beat a play through of Gruniozerca 2, collecting all the carrots, and post a image of the ending screen in this thread will have immunity from elimination this round.

Streemerz, Time Attack mode

streemerz5-256.png.ae54a13e43b333477abc06d742c01d1d.png

Race your way through this fast paced re-imagining of an Action 52 game that has a Bionic Commando flavor by Faux Game Company, which became the cover pack-in for Action 53 Vol. 1.  This will round will be all about how fast you can navigate this maze obstacle course, use your grappling hook, to climb the screen, avoiding Master Y's balls along the way.  Check out DefaultGen's review here.

Player with the slowest time, that is not safe from elimination (see above), will be eliminated from the Final Season. 

Player with the fastest time will get a 3-second time boost to their time during the Final Round.

TL;DR

First player to beat Gruniozerca 2, collecting all the carrots, is safe from elimination.  Remaining players will need to post their times in Streemerz, Time Attack Mode.  Slowest time is eliminated from the competition.  Boost Bonus: Fastest time in Streemerz, gets a 3-second time boost to their time for the Final Round.

• Gruniozerca 2 Rules: Collect all the carrots and complete the game
  • Streemerz Rules: Time Attack Mode

Homebrew Team · Posted
2 minutes ago, Red said:

Sorry for not bringing this to your attention sooner.  I only started playing tonight.

All good.  I never noticed it.  It seems we both tied for total time displayed at 1.40.06 and looking back at a couple of my past scores

IMG_20201030_234255__01.thumb.jpg.7c2ad31388ed7bce8adb646314a6c60b.jpg

IMG_20201030_234003__01.thumb.jpg.5c66677dc09536716df075c29f378835.jpg

I see the same additions errors as you.  However your lap times are better then mine, so you will get the top spot with the awarded bonus.