IGNORED

Loose disc affect value?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's possible to get lose discs back in place without opening the case.  I don't know whether either grading company would perform this service, but I would guess no.  I have no idea if they figure it into the grading, but regardless, keep in mind, there is nothing preventing the disc from becoming lose after the game has been slabbed.  

9 minutes ago, TDIRunner said:

It's possible to get lose discs back in place without opening the case.  I don't know whether either grading company would perform this service, but I would guess no.  I have no idea if they figure it into the grading, but regardless, keep in mind, there is nothing preventing the disc from becoming lose after the game has been slabbed.  

True. Good point I supposed I didn’t even thing of the slabbing. Ugh that would drive me crazy if it happened.

I got a loose disc in one or two of my sealed DC games. Of course I would prefer for the discs to be in place, but honestly it doesn't bother me that much as I never intend to open and use the discs anyway.

I would be far more upset if I picked one of my favourite games off the shelf to play and found the disc loose and scratched! But, in the case of sealed games, the use value is not really a concern, and even if the disc is loose you can't actually PROVE that the disc has been damaged without looking at it... Schrödinger's disc! 😄