IGNORED

2020-21 NFL/NCAA Football Discussion Thread

Bearcat-Doug

Ah yes!  Not only did my beloved alma mater finally play in and win a bowl game people actually heard of a couple years ago, but the Wildcat (their mascot) and few of his friends along with the Citrus Bowl and Governor's Cup (the winner of our annual Loserville matchup) trophies came to our local grocery store too!

Only question is, will we have a 2020 season in football and/or 2021 season for basketball? 😞 

47 minutes ago, Reed Rothchild said:

I feel like I raised that objection back in April

Bengals fans: "We're gonna get Burrow!"
Me: "Who's gonna block for him?"
Bengals fans: "Not important!"

Maybe the Bengals can use him as a kicker this week after they missed a 31 yarder that would have tied the game. Of course they would have lost in overtime anyway since that's what they do.

16 hours ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

The Bengals lost the game as only they can. Offensive pass interference on what would have been a game winning touchdown followed by the kicker apparently hurting himself on a short field goal attempt that would have tied the game.

It could be worse, at least they play better than the browns. 

4 hours ago, Bearcat-Doug said:
On 9/15/2020 at 7:20 AM, Shmup said:

It could be worse, at least they play better than the browns. 

At least one of them should get a win tonight, which probably means the game will end in a tie.

I'm sorry, I'm going to have to take my comment back haha. Great game though, that third quarter was crazy.

I feel sorry for Burrow, seems like he has a lot of talent, but he's going to get knocked around all season. Give him a few years of that and he'll probably be getting some season ending injury.

3 hours ago, Shmup said:

I'm sorry, I'm going to have to take my comment back haha. Great game though, that third quarter was crazy.

I feel sorry for Burrow, seems like he has a lot of talent, but he's going to get knocked around all season. Give him a few years of that and he'll probably be getting some season ending injury.

At least the losses might be more entertaining than last year since it looks like the Bengals will be contending for the #1 overall draft pick again.

• Haha 1

Doug, you got another Bengals fan here on the forum now!  

61 attempts on Thursday...yikes.  I know we were all hyped for Burrow, but winning offenses definitely begin and end with superior o-line play.  The line needs to be addressed in the next draft.

Edited by Sumer

20 minutes ago, Sumer said:

Doug, you got another Bengals fan here on the forum now!  

61 attempts on Thursday...yikes.  I know we were all hyped for Burrow, but winning offenses definitely begin and end with superior o-line play.  The line needs to be addressed in the next draft.

Jonah Williams was the 11th overall draft pick last year, but he's basically a rookie after missing all of last season with an injury. I think they would be better off trying to address the o-line through free agency with proven players since they have tried to address the issue through the draft, but they keep missing on their picks.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

Jonah Williams was the 11th overall draft pick last year, but he's basically a rookie after missing all of last season with an injury. I think they would be better off trying to address the o-line through free agency with proven players since they have tried to address the issue through the draft, but they keep missing on their picks.

Yeah, you are probably right about that.  Either way, it needs to be addressed if Burrow is going to live up to the hype.

As an aside, I hope the Reds keep it up this week.  The bats are picking up a bit the last few games.

3 hours ago, Sumer said:

Yeah, you are probably right about that.  Either way, it needs to be addressed if Burrow is going to live up to the hype.

As an aside, I hope the Reds keep it up this week.  The bats are picking up a bit the last few games.

They've finally been playing like they should have been all year. Hopefully they can finish strong and get a playoff spot.

On 9/19/2020 at 2:47 PM, Bearcat-Doug said:

No, but it counts. I can't exactly brag on the Reds getting back to .500 unless they end up making the playoffs. I take the wins where I can get them.

What, PLAYOFFS!?!?   Don't talk to us about...playoffs?  You should just hope they can get a winning season! 😄 

PS: Yes I'm well aware that's it not over till you're mathematically out (and there's been many many examples of that in the past well over 100 years we've had MLB) but I couldn't resist 😄 

Edited by Estil