IGNORED

VGS Weekly Contest - Heavy Shreddin

BeaIank

1 minute ago, NESfiend said:

177,306 - Sorry, Rich. I'm going to have no time this week so I practiced a lot last night. Played great up to backwood 6. Lost a lot of dumb lives and died in a dumb place. 

20200913_141319.jpg

Like I said, one and done for me this week then I’m out the rest of the season. I didn’t try too hard, kinda gets old putting in lots of effort just  to be rekt by the same people over and over. Time to let the big dogs duke it out.  I’ve got lots going on the rest of the year anyhow.

Congrats on your score though. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Richardhead said:

Like I said, one and done for me this week then I’m out the rest of the season. I didn’t try too hard, kinda gets old putting in lots of effort just  to be rekt by the same people over and over. Time to let the big dogs duke it out.  I’ve got lots going on the rest of the year anyhow.

Congrats on your score though. 

Hopefully you make it back by tournament time. I'm hoping that I can make it back by then.

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, CasualCart said:

Next season I'll be sure to stock up on the games that look worth playing.

Id recommend a flash cart. You can load every game on preseason and not have to worry about it. And still throw up participation scores the weeks you dont like the games enough to buy them

edit: but you should take rich up on the offer. It's a great game with or without a contest 

Edited by NESfiend

Graphics Team · Posted
1 hour ago, NESfiend said:

Id recommend a flash cart. You can load every game on preseason and not have to worry about it. And still throw up participation scores the weeks you dont like the games enough to buy them

edit: but you should take rich up on the offer. It's a great game with or without a contest 

I appreciate the advice, but I don't download ROMs. The only ROM files I play are dumped from my own carts. It's an ethical thing that I know a lot of people don't care about, but I like to stick to it. Plus, it makes me appreciate the games I have even more, and adds incentive to building a high-quality collection.

-CasualCart

• Like 3

1 hour ago, CasualCart said:

I appreciate the advice, but I don't download ROMs. The only ROM files I play are dumped from my own carts. It's an ethical thing that I know a lot of people don't care about, but I like to stick to it. Plus, it makes me appreciate the games I have even more, and adds incentive to building a high-quality collection.

-CasualCart

🍪😉

• Haha 1

Events Team · Posted
9 hours ago, Richardhead said:

Like I said, one and done for me this week then I’m out the rest of the season.

2 hours ago, SuperJimtendo said:

You're the one that suggested all the horror games for October! 

Yeah Richie, you're not out of this yet, you have to play each horror games we picked for October because you suggested it, haha!

• Like 2

IMG_20200920_011835.thumb.jpg.671f6eaa32f79656ce7ad1e6be80ef2d.jpg

IMG_20200920_011854.thumb.jpg.6ebe1d45ec11fc5f893fc891dae2e8fd.jpg

IMG_20200920_011902.thumb.jpg.50a1943fc02987138958a286a4bf392e.jpg

Finally a mistake free run. I think I made it to backwoods 6 without losing any points. I did lose a couple trick points there but this score is probably only a few hundred points from being optimal (unless there is something I don't know about which is totally possible). 

Had a couple accidental deaths, but a decent first run. I also forgot that there is no life 0 so I game overed instead of finishing the loop. 

Edited by 0xDEAFC0DE
  • Like 2
  • Wow! 1

14 minutes ago, 0xDEAFC0DE said:

IMG_20200914_215612.thumb.jpg.9ad744af722bcca38a667468e44686be.jpg

Had a couple accidental deaths, but a decent first run. I also forgot that there is no life 0 so I game overed instead of finishing the loop. 

There is a life 0, but it depends on how you die when you have 1. For example, falling through a big hole on backwood 6 with 1 life gives a game over. Falling on the mogle part, however, takes you from 1 to 0 and you continue the level. 

Score updated page 1 to 253k. Lost one dumb life. Burned pretty perfectly down to 1. Should have played to zero, but I wanted the trophy so I stayed safe. Don't have much more game time this week (this was actually my only run of the night!), so hopefully this one stays up there a while. 

2 hours ago, Nicies said:

Here’s what I got.

6F66081E-86F4-47AB-88F2-3D03FA80E6FD.jpeg

If anyone is wondering where this ringer came from out of the blue, I have the answer. In what may be the dumbest move in the history of the weekly contests, I pulled an @Jeevan and brought in a ringer the one week I have a chance at winning.

Nicies is my partners little brother and he works at my firm. He's a hard-core modern gamer in the top 1% of all players on games like league of legends, fortnight, or whatever else is all over twitch. I am always talking shit and saying he couldn't hang in NES contests. Gave him some basic strategy stuff to cut down his practice time. Yeah, he cracked it in a week or two's time. I spent weeks getting this good. 

Heavy shreddin is no longer allowed at work since he beat me. He won't give up his precious league of legends time at home, so he's probably in for the week. Hoping he will come back to the weeklys here and there, but Id call it doubtful 

Edited by NESfiend
  • Haha 5