IGNORED

#1 Non-TMNT beat 'em up SNES game in your opinion?

Nintegageo

This will seems a bit ridiculous, but if we're ok diving overseas I'd throw a vote down for Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon and it's sequel Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon R.  They're pretty basic, more so the original, but they're fun brawlers with a good bit of personality that strongly follow the stories of the first year and second year of the manga and anime of the same title.  R is more refined, both work, and both let you play as any of the 5 girls and they all handle and special attack a bit differently.

Editorials Team · Posted

Looking through what I have covered so far...

From bad to good:
Last Action Hero
The Tick
Captain America
Batman Forever
Time Warp
Cutthroat Island
Cliffhanger
Alien vs Predator
King of the Monsters 2
Combatribes
Legend
Stone Protectors
Ultimate Fighter
Sonic Blastman
Separation Anxiety
Spawn
Death and Return of Superman
Maximum Carnage
WildCATS
Pirates of Dark Water

Obviously some of these kind of blend genres

Lol, I hope you don't take this the wrong way, but there's some real stinkers in that bunch. 🙂 I think Pirates is the only one of those you could get me to play, and I'd still get bored of fighting the same character over and over for like two hours. It's way too long.

If you liked the Spider-Man games, though, check out Death and Return of Superman. That said, I'd rather recommend everything else already mentioned in this thread.

Another somewhat interesting one I came across somewhat recently was Battle Zeque Den which is another single-plane brawler, but mixes things up with mild platforming. It gets a little repetitive too, but it's a curiousity either way.

47071-battle-zeque-den@800x600min.gif

Anyone experienced with Iron Commando, the SNES port of Undercover Cops, or Gourmet Sentai? All three are games I considered looking into, but especially the latter one is super expensive, and I'm not interested in supporting Piko.

59241-iron-commando-kotetsu-no-senshi@80 12093-undercover-cops@800x600min.pngimg_6997.png?fit=256,224&ssl=1

• Like 1

Editorials Team · Posted
28 minutes ago, Sumez said:

Lol, I hope you don't take this the wrong way, but there's some real stinkers in that bunch. 🙂 I think Pirates is the only one of those you could get me to play, and I'd still get bored of fighting the same character over and over for like two hours. It's way too long.

If you liked the Spider-Man games, though, check out Death and Return of Superman. That said, I'd rather recommend everything else already mentioned in this thread.

Dude... 😂

http://snesrankings.com/games/714_701.html#711
http://snesrankings.com/games/300_276.html#277

And

https://backloggery.com/games.php?user=Brock_Landers&console=SNES

47 minutes ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Last Action Hero
The Tick
Captain America
Batman Forever
Time Warp
Cutthroat Island
Cliffhanger
Alien vs Predator
King of the Monsters 2
Combatribes
Legend
Stone Protectors
Ultimate Fighter
Sonic Blastman
Separation Anxiety
Spawn
Maximum Carnage
WildCATS
Pirates of Dark Water

I dig King of the Monsters 2 a lot.  I’d say that is the best of the mid-card brawlers.

Pirates of Dark Water is alrite but it is such a slog.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Wow, you've beaten over 400 SNES games so far? Considering that some are extremely tough that's a really great achievement.  Also, just noticed that comment on 7th Saga: "Jesus F!" Summarizes that game really well.

Btw. how do you distinguish between beaten and completed, e.g. for shoot 'em ups or Plok?

Editorials Team · Posted
11 minutes ago, Gaia Gensouki said:

Wow, you've beaten over 400 SNES games so far? Considering that some are extremely tough that's a really great achievement.  Also, just noticed that comment on 7th Saga: "Jesus F!" Summarizes that game really well.

Btw. how do you distinguish between beaten and completed, e.g. for shoot 'em ups or Plok?

I have to judge each one on a case-by-case basis.  For instance, with a Link to the Past, seeing the credits would be a "beat."  Getting every item would be a "complete."

For some games I might decide a "complete" means a 1CC.  For others it might be doing it on a harder difficulty to get a better ending.

Basically, if I get to the end and feel I have no unfinished business left, I mark it complete.

To your examples, a shmup like R-Type III would probably be a beat for one loop and a complete for two.  For Plok, I guess beating the abbreviated easy mode might be beat, and normal might be complete.

And yeah, Jesus F indeed...

image.png.3550b3d161e4bfa66aaf473bce9b7a78.png

image.png.9cecbf25480b7a0024602a79dce07529.png

image.png.5c156ad675a56836e704d1c622db6acd.png

image.png.a4153fb835ac6bde9645c9fa79213a22.png

image.png.c0209365552d684e1293c74a3e43d6b3.png

image.png.e5d2953d138c1086fbb386cc17c5afb8.png

• Haha 1

Hard to believe there are worst beat em ups than Batman Forever.1

15 hours ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Looking through what I have covered so far...

From bad to good:
Last Action Hero
The Tick
Captain America
Batman Forever
Time Warp
Cutthroat Island
Cliffhanger
Alien vs Predator
King of the Monsters 2
Combatribes
Legend
Stone Protectors
Ultimate Fighter
Sonic Blastman
Separation Anxiety
Spawn
Maximum Carnage
WildCATS
Pirates of Dark Water

Obviously some of these kind of blend genres

It's hard to believe that there are actually worse beat em ups than Batman Forever. 

Editorials Team · Posted
13 minutes ago, peg said:

Hard to believe there are worst beat em ups than Batman Forever.1

It's hard to believe that there are actually worse beat em ups than Batman Forever. 

I guess The Tick begs the debate:

Which is worse?  Terrible mechanics?  Or psychological warfare committed against the player?

52 minutes ago, Reed Rothchild said:

I guess The Tick begs the debate:

Which is worse?  Terrible mechanics?  Or psychological warfare committed against the player?

Is there still a thread for your SNES list on here, or is it all just on your website now?  Where do we talk about it I guess is what I'm saying.

Editorials Team · Posted
2 minutes ago, peg said:

Is there still a thread for your SNES list on here, or is it all just on your website now?  Where do we talk about it I guess is what I'm saying.

That is a great question...

I do have a thread for updates. 

Plans to incorporate it into VGS in a more substantial manner are still TBD