IGNORED

***Register Super Mario 3D World Now! Wave 2 Pin Set Incoming 17 Feb at 3PM EST*** Super Mario 35th Anniversary - Complete Nintendo Missions to (Maybe) Earn Rewards

DoctorEncore

I'll be keyboard stalking that Game & Watch, don't want to have to choose doing without or dealing with a douchebag scalper as it's a matter of principle to just do without before giving anyone that despicable a damn thing. 🙂

I'm showing reward clear, and for those who may not be and relying on that lame mobile game it said it posts on the 29th.

• The title was changed to ***UPDATE: Claims Open Early! Available Now!*** Super Mario 35th Anniversary - Complete Nintendo Missions to Earn an SMB Collectible Pin Set

image.thumb.png.edd0fd678fc5e84710fc8c9b278667bb.png

I'm gonna be honest.  If this isn't just a bug in the system, I'm a little pissed off right now.

I'd almost be willing to be this is just another case where Nintendo assume "Oh, I dunno... maybe 10,000 gamers will care about this. Derp, derp, derp." and then, you know, 10,000,000 showed up and tried to get a silly set of pins.

I swear, it's like they have no clue that people actually like and love their products.

Edited by RH
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, CodysGameRoom said:

Can someone clarify, I'm late to the party and I just did the Mario Kart Tour thing (I think) and it says on the website you won't get credit fo rthat until 9/29. Was that bogus? Did people get credit for it early? So confused.

You only had to do 4/5 missions plus buy Super Mario 3D All-Stars in order to get the pins. Doing the Mario Kart Tour thing wasn't necessary if you did everything else.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, CodysGameRoom said:

Can someone clarify, I'm late to the party and I just did the Mario Kart Tour thing (I think) and it says on the website you won't get credit fo rthat until 9/29. Was that bogus? Did people get credit for it early? So confused.

It sounds like people are simply having trouble finishing the process.  But, in my case, I just logged in and as you can see from my screenshot, I can't even get a reward code.  I get an "I'm sorry but, oh my! We didn't know what we were doing and you missed this!"  Which is sad.   I registered my game Friday.  The Nintendo Gold showed up immediately. I checked the Missions page 4-5 time throughout the weekend and it didn't post that I had met the mission until today.  Now, when I check it, I've missed out?!  Again, I hope this is just a bug.  They didn't say this was limited quantity so this can't be right.

And to be clear, I'm less upset about possibly not getting these cool trinkets as I am about the poor attention to customer experience.  My inner Karen comes out with crap like this.  This is such a cool idea and a great PR move except when they play that Uno Reverse card of awesomeness.  This is just annoying and alienates your customer base.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Deadeye said:

I was able to secure it.  I checked the website about 30 mins prior to the opening time listed.

Congrats dude! I got there about 20 minutes early and hit the brick wall at checkout. I suppose it's possible I've already "claimed" mine, so I will be able to checkout when the website recovers, but I'm not holding my breath.

As @RH said, I'm much more annoyed at the usual Nintendo incompetence than I am about not getting a little trinket.