IGNORED

***Register Super Mario 3D World Now! Wave 2 Pin Set Incoming 17 Feb at 3PM EST*** Super Mario 35th Anniversary - Complete Nintendo Missions to (Maybe) Earn Rewards

DoctorEncore

10 minutes ago, TDIRunner said:

I guess since that one is option, I'm not going to worry about it.  That mobile Mario Kart game is not very fun, and I would prefer to not ever have to race in that ever again. 

Yeah, it's horrible. I even enjoy mobile games and I don't mind moderate micro-transactions. Still, I found the controls to be atrocious.

I found this.

https://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/social/questions/detail/qid/99815/~/mario-kart-tour-not-starting%2F-support-code-806-9289/comment/45029

Looks like the best answer is to email Nintendo support. If you were an early downloader but deleted the app shortly after (I know I sure did) your account is hosed.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, RH said:

I found this.

https://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/social/questions/detail/qid/99815/~/mario-kart-tour-not-starting%2F-support-code-806-9289/comment/45029

Looks like the best answer is to email Nintendo support. If you were an early downloader but deleted the app shortly after (I know I sure did) your account is hosed.

I wouldn't sweat the Mario Kart app too much. You only need to complete 5 out of the 6 tasks. I did everything else besides Mario Kart to get to the required 5. Just do the rest and you should be fine.

22 hours ago, Estil said:

Oh you mean that cheap fake phone only one? 😛 

Yup 😞  The control is on it just sucks and they have it setup as their strongest use of manipulating you to spend money than any other title they put out.  You either spend 100s of hours re-running a lot of courses to eek out improvements on specific gear, or you can forget about getting the full 5 stars on all the courses beyond the opening waves of any cup.  It's kind of a real kick in the teeth so I erased it at least 6 months ago, but it's back, just for the pins.

Homebrew Team · Posted
32 minutes ago, phart010 said:

Why do they exclude Quebec? I’m in the US, so not affected by this but just kinda curious as to why they would exclude an entire province of Canada that is not separated from the mainland

I am not sure why they did that.  Since this is being offered by Nintendo of America, it should be open to all the areas they cover.  Maybe the other Nintendos of XXXX will other something as well.

1 hour ago, Tanooki said:

Yup 😞  The control is on it just sucks and they have it setup as their strongest use of manipulating you to spend money than any other title they put out.  You either spend 100s of hours re-running a lot of courses to eek out improvements on specific gear, or you can forget about getting the full 5 stars on all the courses beyond the opening waves of any cup.  It's kind of a real kick in the teeth so I erased it at least 6 months ago, but it's back, just for the pins.

Nintendo truly Benedict Arnold-ed on that one.  I thought Nintendo was better than those silly phone/tablet games.

Homebrew Team · Posted

I played Mario Kart mobile app because of these missions, thought it was pretty good.  It is a mobile game, thought the controls were fine for it.  I don't play other mobile games so 🤷‍♂️.  It's free, I just ignore all the things you have to pay for.  Played every level multiple times, even some of the multiplayer ones.

1 hour ago, Estil said:

Nintendo truly Benedict Arnold-ed on that one.  I thought Nintendo was better than those silly phone/tablet games.

Yeah I did too, so it was a shock to me with Mario Kart.  I'm already not happy with the franchise with the last I really loved being on Gamecube.  It went way into the weeds with harming good drivers and rewarding people who can't drive for shit along with just so many Mario Party like screw you mechanics on and offline I won't buy them anymore.  I figured I'd try the game, was stuck on the road going south the day after it arrived so I put hours on it and learned to detest the control and get sickened by the Benedict Arnold mechanics as you put it with the asinine coining/whaling involved just to get the STARS minimum needed to progress through the rotating out cups.

Animal Crossing, it's there with leaf tickets, but it's only a patience issue as anything (and you can make 2-3 furniture/clothes items at a time) can be had if it's minutes, hours or like a day...so it's pay to speed it up, not to win.  Dragalia Lost which I love, 100% optional, nothing is cockblocked at all, it's all patience and that's it and so much is given away free it defeats the whole gatcha system entirely really so it's a pleasure.  Fire Emblem, it was more rude but nothing like MK to start but got a bit more give away friendly and balanced with time, again a patience to play game.

Just Mario Kart forces the coining because you progress so little if you can't move alone, and it throws you pennies worth of coins yet wants you to have hundreds or thousands to buy new gear, bodies, or carts it's a joke.  And on top of that is a gatcha system with layers of red gems and other shit that you barely can earn even waiting, so it's begging you around random gimmes almost to pay up good to get ahead.  SO if you're competitive, pay to play MK or walk away.

Homebrew Team · Posted
4 minutes ago, AstralSoul said:

Do I have to buy the game from Nintendos site or eShop to get the reward points for the game? I already pre-ordered it from Amazon. I did all the others except gross microtransaction mario kart.

You just need to collect the my nintendo points for the physical instead.

Edit: Microtransaction purchases are not required to earn the points for Mario Kart, you just need to participate in the tour event.

Edited by Deadeye

25 minutes ago, Deadeye said:

You just need to collect the my nintendo points for the physical instead.

Edit: Microtransaction purchases are not required to earn the points for Mario Kart, you just need to participate in the tour event.

Oh ok good to know, thanks! Oh I know you don't need to pay microtransactions in MKT but I still don't like the game lol

Just a reminder to everyone getting your physical copy today: Don't forget to register your cart so you can earn gold coins and receive credit for the mission.

It's not a particularly intuitive process, but directions are here: https://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/22312/kw/Register games/p/989

Basically you need to press the + or - button when the game is inserted and the icon is highlighted on the home screen. Scroll down to the bottom of the menu, highlight My Nintendo Rewards Program, and click through until you get credit.

You WILL NOT receive credit right away and it may take up to 48 hours. I'll update here when my mission shows as complete.

Hopefully there are plenty of pin sets to go around!

On 9/15/2020 at 3:21 PM, phart010 said:

Why do they exclude Quebec? I’m in the US, so not affected by this but just kinda curious as to why they would exclude an entire province of Canada that is not separated from the mainland

Basically just red tape from their provincial government. I think any contest has to abide by strict rules from their gaming and lotto branch so must franchisors just exclude them for risk of huge legal fees if the contest doesn't follow said rules. 

4 hours ago, Andy_Bogomil said:

Basically just red tape from their provincial government. I think any contest has to abide by strict rules from their gaming and lotto branch so must franchisors just exclude them for risk of huge legal fees if the contest doesn't follow said rules. 

Is that why on some baseball card contests I remember from the 90s if you were in Canada you had to answer a simple(-ish) math problem with your entry form?  But that was all of Canada; it wasn't just singling out French Canada.

No wonder they came so close in 1995 to vote for separation. 😞 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1995_Quebec_referendum

Editorials Team · Posted
On 9/15/2020 at 1:40 PM, Estil said:

They're a business.  They don't draw arbitrary lines in the sand like crusty old man gamers.  That's our job.

• Like 1

Editorials Team · Posted
9 minutes ago, Estil said:

Enron and Lincoln Financial back in their days were businesses too 😛 

In the Nintendo board room

Executive:  The new Fire Emblem Heroes content will be rolled out in Q2 while-

Estil: NO CELL PHONE GAMES

Executive: Excuse me?

Estil: Are we traitors to Nintendo's legacy?  Are we Benedict Arnold?

Executive: FEH revenue has exceeded $600 million and... wait, who are you and how did you get in here?

Estil: Enron made $600 million once upon a time too.  And now look at them!

Executive: Get security.

Estil: We need more kittiy games!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Reed Rothchild said:

In the Nintendo board room

Executive:  The new Fire Emblem Heroes content will be rolled out in Q2 while-

Estil: NO CELL PHONE GAMES

Executive: Excuse me?

Estil: Are we traitors to Nintendo's legacy?  Are we Benedict Arnold?

Executive: FEH revenue has exceeded $600 million and... wait, who are you and how did you get in here?

Estil: Enron made $600 million once upon a time too.  And now look at them!

Executive: Get security.

Estil: We need more kittiy games!

If I actually got to be in Nintendo's inner circle I'd be wanting to find out as much as I could about their history...like from their NES/SNES eras.  I'd want to be one of their archivists/historians.

• The title was changed to ***UPDATE: Claims Open on 21 Sep at 3PM EST!***Super Mario 35th Anniversary - Complete Nintendo Missions to Earn an SMB Collectible Pin Set

The mission to purchase Super Mario 3D is now marked as complete for me and the page says I can claim a reward code soon. According to the updated site, codes for pins will be available on 9/21/20 at 12p PDT/3PM EDT. The claims process has not been detailed, but expect a code to be provided on the rewards page. Based on other Nintendo Rewards, you may have to pay $5 shipping, but I will update when I know.

Screenshot_20200920-102539.jpg

Edited by DoctorEncore
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2