IGNORED

***Register Super Mario 3D World Now! Wave 2 Pin Set Incoming 17 Feb at 3PM EST*** Super Mario 35th Anniversary - Complete Nintendo Missions to (Maybe) Earn Rewards

DoctorEncore

Events Team · Posted
3 minutes ago, Deadeye said:

I was able to secure it.  I checked the website about 30 mins prior to the opening time listed.

Yeah, that's an even bigger kick to the dick. Many people managed to secure one way before the codes were actually supposed to be given out, so maybe if they didn't do that and actually started giving out codes when they said they would, there would've been enough for people like me who couldn't jump on it right away.

Homebrew Team · Posted
2 minutes ago, ZeldaFreak said:

Yeah, that's an even bigger kick to the dick. Many people managed to secure one way before the codes were actually supposed to be given out, so maybe if they didn't do that and actually started giving out codes when they said they would, there would've been enough for people like me who couldn't jump on it right away.

I had an alarm set for the opening time, but figured I would just check early and it said claim now.  It was just dumb luck, but I agree they should have stuck with the time they listed. 

• Like 1

Events Team · Posted
Just now, RH said:

Ok, so now let's start taking friendly bets of what someone will actually buy one of these sets for on eBay.

I'm gonna guess just over $100.  Some one who missed out and just has to have it is going to make the last bit at something like $102-103.

I'm gonna guess closer to $50.

Events Team · Posted
1 minute ago, Deadeye said:

My opinion, they should produce enough to meet demand since it is limited to (1) per account and you need to purchase 3D All stars to qualify.

Well, supposedly it's limited to one per account, but many people have added tons to their cart at once just trying to get the damn order to go through.

16 minutes ago, ZeldaFreak said:

They did say this though.

4851fb2f02d22d4845bc27363426ef99.png

"while supplies last." That's big company speak for "If you're not on this shit within 10 seconds, you're fucked my friend."

Good catch, but I stand by my complaints about customer experience.  It doesn't surprise me that supplies were limited.  Regardless, you don't want them to "sell out" before people even get notifications of when the initial claim period is suppose to be.  If @Deadeye got lucky and got his because he checked out the site before the official claim period, but other people tried to claim theirs shortly after the start time and couldn't claim a code afterwards because their supply was already empty, then that's just a bait and switch and that doesn't help the image of any business.

But, if they were simply having technical errors, maybe they were putting multiple pin sets in peoples carts if they accidentally refreshed the site or kept clicking on something because something seemed to time out.  Maybe there are back-end, one set per customer limitations, but 75% of the inventory is locked up in broken shopping carts.  This is still a problem but I guess that's possible.  Maybe Nintendo will actually notice the problem, fix it and many of us early players will get a set of these.  I'm trying to be fair and optimistic but if this is more Nintendo, short sighted stupidity... well there's nothing to say. I still love their products and I wish for once they'd stop being so overwhelming conservative about how they think their customers will respond to their products and promotions.

Edited by RH
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, ZeldaFreak said:

3b546ead5ae9e749f93869b5ba63658e.png

891261d1132151ad20323032b9be4cf5.png

Looks like I was right.

Nope, this stupidity isn't done.  That's just the beginning of the bubble.  My $100 guess might actually be to low.  In all honesty, my gut said $125 but rationality made me drop it to just over $100.  Nintendo fans, however, can sometimes be anything BUT rational.

And, to be clear, as annoyed as I am by this I'd still drop $5, maybe $10 on these because it will look good with our Disney Muppet pins we use with pin trading at Disney World.  (Yes, we are those people.  It's fun for the kids.)

Edited by RH
  • Like 1

Events Team · Posted
2 minutes ago, RH said:

Good catch, but I stand by my complaints about customer experience.  It doesn't surprise me that supplies were limited.  Regardless, you don't want them to "sell out" before people even get notifications of when the initial claim period is suppose to be.  If @Deadeye got lucky and got his because he checked out the site before the official claim period, but other people tried to claim theirs shortly after the start time and couldn't claim a code afterwards because their supply was already empty, then that's just a bait and switch and that doesn't help the image of any business.

But, if they were simply having technical errors, maybe they were putting multiple pin sets in peoples carts if they accidentally refreshed the site or kept clicking on something because something seemed to time out.  Maybe there are back-end, one set per customer limitations, but 75% of the inventory is locked up in broken shopping carts.  This is still a problem but I guess that's possible.  Maybe Nintendo will actually notice the problem, fix it and many of us early players will get a set of these.  I'm trying to be fair an optimistic but if this is more Nintendo, short sighted stupidity... well there's nothing to say. I still love their products and I wish for once they'd stop being so overwhelming conservative about how they think their customers will respond to their products and promotions.

My guess judging by how this whole thing is working is that if you managed to get a code from the mission rewards screen on the Mario site, you're lined up for one, and the only reason they're making people order it after they've already gotten a code is so they can charge for shipping. If my assumption is correct, I'm guessing that means they're already out of codes, since regardless of how many sets you put in your cart, each person has only gotten one code. So we're probably not gonna have any luck with this unfortunately. Who knows, maybe I'll be proven wrong, but... well, frankly I doubt it.

Events Team · Posted
2 minutes ago, RH said:

Nope, this stupidity isn't done.  That's just the beginning of the bubble.  My $100 guess might actually be to low.  In all honesty, my gut said $125 but rationality made me drop it to just over $100.  Nintendo fans, however, can sometimes be anything BUT rational.

And, to be clear, as annoyed as I am by this I'd still drop $5, maybe $10 on these because it will look good with our Disney Muppet pins we use with pin trading at Disney World.  (Yes, we are those people.  It's fun for the kids.)

Oh yeah, I know this is only just the beginning, I'm just glad I was right on that first sell 😛 And yeah, I'd totally pay a good $10 for these as well. They're pretty neat.

Just now, ZeldaFreak said:

Oh yeah, I know this is only just the beginning, I'm just glad I was right on that first sell 😛 And yeah, I'd totally pay a good $10 for these as well. They're pretty neat.

Mario holding the Mushroom is a my favorite of iconic Mario images.  It's one of the earliest renditions of him that looks like himself consistently and that image is straight from my youngest recollection of the character.  I see that version of Mario officially on something, I want's it.  I'll probably never feel justified in buying the vintage cardboard cut-out version that was used for marketing (I'm sure they go for north of $700 now, in good shape) but man, finding one of those at a moderate price is a dream.

• Like 1

Events Team · Posted
Just now, Deadeye said:

Well, that gives some hope for the people who already got their codes at least.