IGNORED

***Register Super Mario 3D World Now! Wave 2 Pin Set Incoming 17 Feb at 3PM EST*** Super Mario 35th Anniversary - Complete Nintendo Missions to (Maybe) Earn Rewards

DoctorEncore

Nintendo is running a promotion with a physical rewards to celebrate the 35th anniversary of SMB.

Missions

Mario 35th Anniversary Missions Home Page (14 Active;  2 Upcoming; 6 Expired)

Active

1. Visit the Official Super Mario Website
  2. Take the Super Mario Quiz
  3. Download your “This is my Mario!” image
  4. Try the Super Mario Music Player
  5. Purchase the Super Mario 3D All-Stars game
    1. REQUIRED FOR WAVE 1 PIN SET
    2. Credit usually applied within 48 hours of registering purchase
    3. Ends Mar 31, 2021
  6. Play Super Mario 35
  7. Redeem a Code from Cold Stone Creamery
    1. Redeeming the code will also give you 100 Platinum Points.
    2. Code must be redeemed by 3/31/2021
  8. Explore the Super Mario Bros. 35th anniversary page on Amazon.com
    1. Ends 12/31/20??? Seems to be available still, but unclear regarding whether credit is awarded.
  9. Create a Mario Kart Live: Home Circuit™ racer ID
  10. Read the monthly Nintendo Newlsetter
    1. Find and redeem code within monthly Nintendo Newsletter
    2. First opportunity can be found in email with subject line "Game & Watch: Super Mario Bros. is here, <Username>" sent out on 11/13/2020
    3. Second opportunity can be found in email with subject line  "Happy holidays from all of us at Nintendo!" sent out on 12/17/20
    4. Third opportunity can be found in email with subject line "Hey <Username>! Warm up with the Nintendo Newsletter!" sent out on 1/27/21
    5. Redeem by entering code on the My Nintendo Missions page in the upper right corner.
  11. Explore BoxLunch's Super Mario must-haves on BoxLunch.com
  12. Sign up for the Splatoon 2 Splatfest Online Challenge
    1. Complete this mission by signing up for the Splatoon 2 Splatfest Online Challenge on https://mario.nintendo.com/challenge/
  13. Find the 5 hidden stickers on the Super Mario™ 3D World + Bowser's Fury website https://supermario3dworld.nintendo.com/?cid=N1072-01:ch=pdpd
    1. 100 Platinum Points!
  14. Find the Super Mario 35th Anniversary article on your Nintendo Switch™ news feed!
    1. Complete this mission by scanning the QR Code® and following the directions in the “Catch up on the Super Mario 35th Anniversary (and complete a My Nintendo Mission)!” article on your Nintendo Switch™ news feed.
    2. 50 Platinum Points!

Upcoming

1. Purchase the Super Mario™ 3D World + Bowser's Fury game
    1. Complete this mission by purchasing the digital version of the Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury game or purchasing the physical version and claiming your My Nintendo Gold Points on your Nintendo Switch system
    2. This mission is required to qualify for the Super Mario Bros. 35th Anniversary Pin Set #2. For more information about the pin set, see the Rewards section of the missions page.
  2. Participate in the Splatoon 2 Splatfest Online Challenge
    1. Competition Period begins 1/15/21 at approximately 2:00 PM PT and ends 1/17/2021 at 2:00 PM PT. To participate, players must (1) sign up for the Splatoon 2 Splatfest Online Challenge My Nintendo mission at https://mario.nintendo.com/challenge/ and (2) participate in the Competition in the Splatoon 2 game during the Competition Period. 

Expired

1. Spoiler

1. Race in the Super Mario Kart Tour event
      1. Ends Sep 22nd, 2020; requires Google Play or App Store download of Mario Kart Tour game; THIS MISSION WILL NOT SHOW AS COMPLETE UNTIL THE SUPER MARIO KART TOUR IS OVER
    2. Sign up for the Super Mario Maker™ 2 Ninji Speedrun Online Challenge
      1. Event Dates: 11/17 - 11/24
    3. Participate in the Super Mario Maker™ 2 Ninji Speedrun Online Challenge
      1. Event Dates: 11/17 - 11/24
      2. Requires Nintendo Switch, Super Mario Maker 2, and Nintendo Online Account
      3. Users who complete this mission will receive credit within 7 days of the event ending.
      4. Top 35 times win a commemorative coin. Someone on VGS needs to get this!
    4. Sign up for the NintendoVS Challenge Cup December 2020 event
      1. Complete this mission by signing up for the NintendoVS Challenge Cup December 2020 Super Smash Bros.™ Ultimate tournament on https://mario.nintendo.com/challenge/
    5. Participate in the NintendoVS Challenge Cup December 2020 event
      1. Requires Switch, Nintendo Online, and Super Smash Bros
      2. Tournament begins at 3:00pm PT on 12/12/2020 and ends at 6:00pm PT on 12/12/2020. To participate, you must sign up for the NintendoVS Challenge Cup December 2020 My Nintendo mission at https://mario.nintendo.com/challenge/ and participate in the specified Online Tournament in the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate game during the Tournament Period
    6. Participate in the Tetris® 99 18th MAXIMUS CUP
      1. Complete this mission by participating in the Tetris® 99 18th MAXIMUS CUP – Super Mario All-Stars™ Edition!
      2. 12/3 11PM PST - 12/7 11PM PST

Wave 1 Reward (Closed)

Spoiler

• This reward is a simple, but attractive, collectible pin set (see picture below) that is limited in number and (was supposed to be) relatively easy to obtain. Most of the requirements are modest, but you must purchase a copy of Super Mario 3D All-Stars to be eligible. If you're already planning to do that, then you might as well spend ten minutes to complete four additional tasks and claim your prize. 
    rewards-pins.jpg

Wave 2 Reward - More Pins! Also, Why Is This Official Image Such Terrible Quality?

wave-2-pins.jpg

This set includes a Super Mario Bros. 35th Anniversary pin and pins featuring Mario from:

• Super Mario Sunshine
  • Super Mario Galaxy
  • New Super Mario Bros. U
  • Super Mario 3D World
  • Super Mario Odyssey

Requirements

• Note: Fifteen eligible missions, including the “Purchase the Super Mario™ 3D World + Bowser's Fury game” mission, must be completed before being eligible to receive the pins.

Pin sets are available in limited quantities. Codes for pin sets will be distributed after the launch of the Super Mario™ 3D World + Bowser's Fury game.

Previous Updates

Spoiler

UPDATE 9/18/20 - How to Register Physical Software

Spoiler

Just a reminder to everyone getting your physical copy today: Don't forget to register your cart so you can earn gold coins and receive credit for the mission.

It's not a particularly intuitive process, but directions are here: https://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/22312/kw/Register games/p/989

Basically you need to press the + or - button when the game is inserted and the icon is highlighted on the home screen. Scroll down to the bottom of the menu, highlight My Nintendo Rewards Program, and click through until you get credit.

You WILL NOT receive credit right away and it may take up to 48 hours. I'll update here when my mission shows as complete.

Hopefully there are plenty of pin sets to go around!

UPDATE 9/20/20 - Pin Availability

Spoiler

Pins will be available on 9/21/20 at 12p PDT/3PM EDT. The claims process has not been detailed, but expect a code to be provided on the rewards page. Based on other Nintendo Rewards, you may have to pay $5 shipping, but I will update when I know.

Screenshot_20200920-102539.jpg

UPDATE 9/24/20 - Checkout now working for credit card errors?

Spoiler

If you had a pin in your cart and couldn't finish checkout due to a credit card error, I recommend trying again. The system seems to be working now. It's unclear if stock actually remains, but I was able to checkout last night.

Update 10/14/20 - New Missions Added! (9 Active, 1 Expired)

Spoiler

• Ninji Speedrun Missions Added
  • Registration is free, but participation requires Mario Maker 2 and a Nintendo Online Membership

Update 11/10/20 - New Missions Added! (11 Active;  1 Upcoming; 1 Expired)

• Spoiler

Added three new missions

Latest Update 12/7/20 - New Missions Added! (12 Active;  1 Upcoming; 4 Expired)

• Added three new missions
  • Super Mario Maker Ninji Run Expired
  • Tetris 99 Expired

Latest Update 1/12/20 - New Missions Added! (12 Active;  2 Upcoming; 6 Expired)

• Added new missions!

Latest Update 1/15/20 - New Missions Added! (14 Active;  2 Upcoming; 6 Expired)

• Added new missions!
Edited by DoctorEncore
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

• The title was changed to Super Mario 35th Anniversary - Complete Nintendo Missions to Earn an SMB Collectible Pin Set
1 minute ago, Gloves said:

image.png

Nice.

I see you hid your location in the most nefarious location possible. Right in front of my eyeballs. Bastard.

Looking more closely, the rules linked on the mission website seem to be specifically for the "My Nintendo Super Mario Sweepstakes." I'm guessing they also apply to the pin set. Or maybe it's just a giant worldwide free-for-all.

Oh well, I live in America! Go me!

1 hour ago, ChickenTendas said:

Nice to see Nintendo finally giving North America some love 😄 I know of 3 other physical rewards at the moment: a Xenoblade Chronicles phone ring holder thingy, Xenoblade sticker sheets, and a Splatoon 2 postcard set. I believe they also announced another physical reward that was Splatoon 2-related during that Mario Direct. So yeah, My Nintendo physicals are a thing now. This is actually super exciting, hopefully this becomes the new norm 🙂

That's right, I forgot about those since they're a bit different than this one. I believe you use platinum points to purchase those, so they really are just like the old Club Nintendo stuff. Times are changing!

Well, if they have an additional wave or two or a special, final reward for doing something like completing every objective, I'm screwed.  I just downloaded the MK app and after downloading the in-game update, I'm getting an error.  Searching for help online, it looks like the only way people have been able to fix it is to create a new Nintendo account.  I can't/won't do that.

Well, at least I pre-order Mario Allstars 3D.  Hopefully I won't get screwed for not being able to complete this one task. 😕

Just now, RegularGuyGamer said:

Anyone else getting error codes from Mario Kart Tour? Every time I try to boot it up I get an error code.

Yes, I was getting them.  I assume you're getting the same one I saw. I deleted and reloaded the app.  Maybe they are having server errors.  I'll try back again later tonight or tomorrow.  Let us know if you get past this issue.

3 minutes ago, RegularGuyGamer said:

Anyone else getting error codes from Mario Kart Tour? Every time I try to boot it up I get an error code.

1 minute ago, RH said:

Yes, I was getting them.  I assume you're getting the same one I saw. I deleted and reloaded the app.  Maybe they are having server errors.  I'll try back again later tonight or tomorrow.  Let us know if you get past this issue.

I installed and played on Saturday with no issues on Android. Only funky thing is that you won't get immediate credit for playing (as I noted in OP). 

Maybe check Reddit? They already had several threads about the missions when I looked up info regarding Mario Kart Tour credit.

1 minute ago, DoctorEncore said:

Maybe check Reddit?

This is exactly where my searched ended up.  I didn't drill through many of the google results, but the top two for from different reddit posts, people seeing the same error but no one solved it (other than creating a new Nintendo account which, again, I'm not doing.)

@RegularGuyGamer  In my case, I know I had downloaded this game before when it first came out.  At that time I had an iPhone and now I have an Android.  I wonder if within Nintendo's account database they have a different device ID attached to my account.  In my case, my phone completely died, so I can't download it again on it.  Is there a chance you, too, downloaded this game a while ago and have a newer phone as well?  Maybe that's our problem?

19 minutes ago, RH said:

This is exactly where my searched ended up.  I didn't drill through many of the google results, but the top two for from different reddit posts, people seeing the same error but no one solved it (other than creating a new Nintendo account which, again, I'm not doing.)

@RegularGuyGamer  In my case, I know I had downloaded this game before when it first came out.  At that time I had an iPhone and now I have an Android.  I wonder if within Nintendo's account database they have a different device ID attached to my account.  In my case, my phone completely died, so I can't download it again on it.  Is there a chance you, too, downloaded this game a while ago and have a newer phone as well?  Maybe that's our problem?

2 minutes ago, RegularGuyGamer said:

It's the same phone and everything. I've had it downloaded since the release I just hadn't kept up with it. I guess the error I was getting was a server error. I'm going to keep trying, I'd like to get those pins. 

Just a reminder, that task is optional. You just need to complete 5 of 6 missions with one being the purchase of 3D All-Stars. Obviously we don't know anything about later waves, but you should be good for the pins even if you can't get Kart Tour to work. I definitely wouldn't create a new Nintendo account.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, TDIRunner said:

Is that all I need to do for the phone app?  Just complete a race?

I think so.  I went ahead and got enough stars to reach the first tier of the tour rewards (that icon right in the middle of the bottom row of icons).  Then I went to check the rewards list to see it I qualified and it says that you won't be awarded credit until the 29th.  So I guess there is no way to even see if you've done what it wanted until it ends.