IGNORED

***Register Super Mario 3D World Now! Wave 2 Pin Set Incoming 17 Feb at 3PM EST*** Super Mario 35th Anniversary - Complete Nintendo Missions to (Maybe) Earn Rewards

DoctorEncore

So how do you sign up for the damn newsletter?  On my account, I have checked the box for the promotional emails from Nintendo.  Nothing specific about a newsletter, though.  I don't think I ever received the October newsletter or November newsletters, if they went out.

Homebrew Team · Posted
30 minutes ago, Sumer said:

So how do you sign up for the damn newsletter?  On my account, I have checked the box for the promotional emails from Nintendo.  Nothing specific about a newsletter, though.  I don't think I ever received the October newsletter or November newsletters, if they went out.

This took me awhile to figure out.  You need search for your email for a newsletter that contains the my Nintendo reward code in the body.  

I got it on Nov 13th with the subject "Game & Watch: Super Mario Bros. is here".  This is what it looked like:

image.thumb.png.cb3d25279c4ce885dd7be28a00b46c17.png

50 minutes ago, Sumer said:

12 minutes ago, Deadeye said:

This took me awhile to figure out.  You need search for your email for a newsletter that contains the my Nintendo reward code in the body.  

I got it on Nov 13th with the subject "Game & Watch: Super Mario Bros. is here".  This is what it looked like:

image.thumb.png.cb3d25279c4ce885dd7be28a00b46c17.png

I initially missed this one as well. My email searches for "Nintendo" and "Newsletter" turned up nothing. Instead, you have to look out for the subject line that @Deadeyequoted, "Game & Watch: Super Mario Bros. is here, Doc!"

After you get the code, you still have to find the place to enter it on the "My Nintendo Missions" page which is not very obvious, but is located in the upper right corner. Very annoying.

"
Edited by DoctorEncore

• The title was changed to ***Tetris 99 Mission Ends Tonight (12/7/20)!!! New Missions Up*** Super Mario 35th Anniversary - Complete Nintendo Missions to (Maybe) Earn Rewards
  • The title was changed to ***Smash Bros Tournament Coming Dec 12th! Sign Up Now!*** Super Mario 35th Anniversary - Complete Nintendo Missions to (Maybe) Earn Rewards
  • The title was changed to Check Your Email for Newsletter Code*** Super Mario 35th Anniversary - Complete Nintendo Missions to (Maybe) Earn Rewards
  • The title was changed to ***Check Your Email for Newsletter Code*** Super Mario 35th Anniversary - Complete Nintendo Missions to (Maybe) Earn Rewards
  • 4 weeks later...

The second pin set just got added to the site. It requires completing the mission for buying Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury as well as 14 other missions besides that one.

I'm currently at 13/14 other missions... 😞 I don't own Splatoon and Cold Stone Creamery is not near me, so I am really hoping they add one more mission between now and 3D World.

• Thanks 1

• The title was changed to ***New Missions Up and Wave 2 Pin Set Incoming!*** Super Mario 35th Anniversary - Complete Nintendo Missions to (Maybe) Earn Rewards
49 minutes ago, Adorabear said:

The second pin set just got added to the site. It requires completing the mission for buying Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury as well as 14 other missions besides that one.

I'm currently at 13/14 other missions... 😞 I don't own Splatoon and Cold Stone Creamery is not near me, so I am really hoping they add one more mission between now and 3D World.

Thanks! Updated.

Yeah same here, not even going to bother so I don't get screwed a second time.

When you go to the site, it has it, you do the process, and they don't send you a damn number or however the step by step bit was last year, they can piss off after seeing what the scalpers threw them up on ebay for.

I went ahead and pre-ordered Super Mario 3D World with some Amazon gift cards I got for Xmas.  It was on my Amazon wishlist anyway, so this announcement just pushed me to just get it.  Nintendo knows how to push buttons.

We'll see if I get lucky like last time to get a code.  I think I got one right before they were cut off.

• Like 1

On 1/13/2021 at 8:02 AM, Sumer said:

I went ahead and pre-ordered Super Mario 3D World with some Amazon gift cards I got for Xmas.  It was on my Amazon wishlist anyway, so this announcement just pushed me to just get it.  Nintendo knows how to push buttons.

We'll see if I get lucky like last time to get a code.  I think I got one right before they were cut off.

My only concern is that if the redemption period starts immediately on launch, you will pretty much have to purchase a digital copy to register your copy as fast as possible. 😬

On 1/15/2021 at 8:40 AM, DoctorEncore said:

My only concern is that if the redemption period starts immediately on launch, you will pretty much have to purchase a digital copy to register your copy as fast as possible. 😬

If it was the same as the first pin set, it didn't start until 3 or 4 days after Super Mario 3D All-Stars came out.  I had my copy from Amazon on launch day and had it registered that day as well.  It was updated to show I had it on my Nintendo Account by that Sunday or so.

EDIT: Going back to your main topic post, you have the news that the pins became available on September 21.  The physical 3D All-Stars (as well as the digital) came out on the 18th.  If you get physical and register it the day it comes out, I am betting you will be fine.

Edited by Sumer

1 hour ago, Sumer said:

If it was the same as the first pin set, it didn't start until 3 or 4 days after Super Mario 3D All-Stars came out.  I had my copy from Amazon on launch day and had it registered that day as well.  It was updated to show I had it on my Nintendo Account by that Sunday or so.

EDIT: Going back to your main topic post, you have the news that the pins became available on September 21.  The physical 3D All-Stars (as well as the digital) came out on the 18th.  If you get physical and register it the day it comes out, I am betting you will be fine.

Yeah, that's how I remember it, so it should be okay. But with Nintendo... You just never know.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/28/2021 at 9:32 PM, DoctorEncore said:

Another email with a code was sent out yesterday. Subject line: "Hey <User>! Warm up with the Nintendo Newsletter!"

I'm not getting these newsletters, even though I have signed up for them and nothing is in my trash/spam folder!  Hmm...I got the Game&Watch one, but none of the others since.

28 minutes ago, Sumer said:

I'm not getting these newsletters, even though I have signed up for them and nothing is in my trash/spam folder!  Hmm...I got the Game&Watch one, but none of the others since.

I can send you the code from the last one if you need it. Not sure if account specific.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...