IGNORED

Textured raycaster on the NES

Vectrex28

Well, you've probably already seen this on Twatter, but I'll share it here as well anyway. Here's my 3D engine on the NES with textures! Still has a few issues but I'll leave it at that for now and focus on Space Soviets for a bit.

Enjoy!

image.thumb.png.9973e20061bb3ebffb9376cbc586dbdf.png

raycaster.nes

Edited by Vectrex28
Typo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Wow! 6

• The title was changed to Textured raycaster on the NES
10 hours ago, Scrobins said:

8 BIT CHEX QUEST!!!

Asking the REAL questions!

Stating the REAL facts of what we need!

But, seriously, this is unbelievable.  I can't wait to see the demo "finished".  Regarding making a game, I think this could be quite useful, but I'd recommend dropping the idea of an FPS (unless you can make it much faster.)  Instead, brainstorm and get creative thinking of a type of game that could utilize a 3D environment but not really benefit from twitch reactions.  Maybe an escape puzzle or possibly something like Shadowgate or a turn-based RPG.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RH said:

Asking the REAL questions!

Stating the REAL facts of what we need!

But, seriously, this is unbelievable.  I can't wait to see the demo "finished".  Regarding making a game, I think this could be quite useful, but I'd recommend dropping the idea of an FPS (unless you can make it much faster.)  Instead, brainstorm and get creative thinking of a type of game that could utilize a 3D environment but not really benefit from twitch reactions.  Maybe an escape puzzle or possibly something like Shadowgate or a turn-based RPG.

Maze/cave exploration is always a good genre for this.

As a total wildcard, work up something like The Witness (previous NES demake just involved typical overhead RPG view, from what i recall -- but with raster you can work in genuine perspective-based environmental puzzles)