IGNORED

where to buy box protectors in 2020

Lincoln

I need some snes box protectors and looking on ebay everything is coming from overseas. Are those the best options? Some protectors i've had in the past are too small for some of my snes games. I'd like something that is a known good quality. I would also buy sega cd protectors too if someone has a reference for those.

Moderator · Posted
13 minutes ago, Lincoln said:

I need some snes box protectors and looking on ebay everything is coming from overseas. Are those the best options? Some protectors i've had in the past are too small for some of my snes games. I'd like something that is a known good quality. I would also buy sega cd protectors too if someone has a reference for those.

The NintendoAge discount still works at videogameboxprotectors.

retroprotect is awesome for weird sized boxes like big box snes. 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

https://retroprotection.com/main.sc

This is my go to for everything: odd/one-off sizes, standard boxes, etc. The fit is really important to me other than the thickness and UV cut, and the fit on these is really tailored.

On the flip side - and this is not to discount other's positive experiences with them - Video Game Box Protectors did not do well by a friend of mine purchasing in bulk from them for his store; he ordered a batch of Sega Genesis protectors w/no hang tab room and a batch w/hang tab room but was sent only the former. He reached out to see about getting his order fixed and was told flat out that that was not going to happen and stone walled him afterwards. Between that episode and the loose fit of the boxes, he doesn't do business with them any longer.

At any rate, I hope you find what's right for you and your collection!

20 hours ago, Renmauzo said:

https://retroprotection.com/main.sc

This is my go to for everything: odd/one-off sizes, standard boxes, etc. The fit is really important to me other than the thickness and UV cut, and the fit on these is really tailored.

On the flip side - and this is not to discount other's positive experiences with them - Video Game Box Protectors did not do well by a friend of mine purchasing in bulk from them for his store; he ordered a batch of Sega Genesis protectors w/no hang tab room and a batch w/hang tab room but was sent only the former. He reached out to see about getting his order fixed and was told flat out that that was not going to happen and stone walled him afterwards. Between that episode and the loose fit of the boxes, he doesn't do business with them any longer.

At any rate, I hope you find what's right for you and your collection!

Generally I order all my boxes from Video Game Box Protectors and I like their products. That sucks that your friend had such a bad experience. I actually had a similar problem where they forgot to ship me everything I ordered one time, but I sent an email and they quickly sent me a replacement set. I guess YMMV.

58 minutes ago, DoctorEncore said:

Generally I order all my boxes from Video Game Box Protectors and I like their products. That sucks that your friend had such a bad experience. I actually had a similar problem where they forgot to ship me everything I ordered one time, but I sent an email and they quickly sent me a replacement set. I guess YMMV.

Video game box protectors is my go to as well but I buy them from him on eBay cause his website is janky as hell

edit: https://www.ebay.com/usr/keep_em_minty

Edited by a3quit4s
  • Like 1

Administrator · Posted
Just now, drxandy said:

^^ Yeah I like the kollectorprotector .05 thick bois but the fit doesn't make them very easy to open. Display wise they look really nice, but that hassle of opening when you want to play.. ooof

Are you trying to tell me you open your games after putting them in their plastic coffins? 

200.gif

• Haha 2

On 10/9/2020 at 10:08 AM, DoctorEncore said:

I can just imagine the Wata folks having a mini stroke every time I bend the top flap on my Little Samson or Flintstones box to get my cart out and play it. Muahahahaha. 🤣

Naaaah, they are the ones really laughing--every copy worn out or destroyed by us increases the rarity of the game, making their copies more valuable.

Edited by RH
  • Haha 1

Here's my experience with videogameboxprotectors.com.

I've ordered from them probably 10 times now and it has been amazing every time, except this most recent time has been less than desirable.

I ordered a pile of NES protectors, Atari 2600, DVD and a single Stack Up. When it shipped, I got 2 separate tracking numbers......weird. One showed up in tracking the following day and the other took about a week to even show up online. Another week later and I saw my package go through customs, go out for delivery and arrive in my mailbox, awesome. The other package showed as ordered September 8, hit the border on September 16 and then just sat there not doing anything. I contacted Video Game Box Protectors and they told me they had received word the package was being returned to them.

I don't know what's going on here but both packages were ordered the same time, shipped the same time and were the same contents. I have no idea why one was sent back. They should have just put everything in the one box and this wouldn't be a problem.

7 hours ago, Code Monkey said:

I've ordered from them probably 10 times now and it has been amazing every time, except this most recent time has been less than desirable.

I ordered a pile of NES protectors, Atari 2600, DVD and a single Stack Up. When it shipped, I got 2 separate tracking numbers......weird. One showed up in tracking the following day and the other took about a week to even show up online. Another week later and I saw my package go through customs, go out for delivery and arrive in my mailbox, awesome. The other package showed as ordered September 8, hit the border on September 16 and then just sat there not doing anything. I contacted Video Game Box Protectors and they told me they had received word the package was being returned to them.

I don't know what's going on here but both packages were ordered the same time, shipped the same time and were the same contents. I have no idea why one was sent back. They should have just put everything in the one box and this wouldn't be a problem.

Order them on eBay instead since he has seller rep to worry about there. I linked his store back in this thread. Although, I’ve never had issues ordering from the sketchy website or eBay, this is more to cover your own ass. 

Moderator · Posted
9 hours ago, Code Monkey said:

That doesn’t sound like it’s on them, rather customs/shipping service.